Jack problem

Search This thread

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
i used to get this ALOT if i just use my standard headphones directly into the socket. even if it doesn't "pop out", the slightest movement of the headphone jack would cause it to "disconnect" and stop playing music.....VERY annoying.

I managed to "fix" it by simply buying, a cheap as chips headset adapter on amazon. I have no idea why this works, as the plug on the end looks identicle to the one on my headphones, but for some reason, if i use my headphones i get disconnects.....if i use the wired headset adapter then plug my headphones into that it works. no more disconnects.

like i said, no idea WHY this is the case, but it worked for me. i juse bought the cheapest one i could find, i think it was around £2 on amazon.

VitanyLTD

Dec 11, 2011
Leeuwarden
On my WFS jack connector jumps out about 1mm... it is big problem because it stop playing music. WHY? Does somebody have same problem?

Sent from my Wildfire S (root, cwm..)

if your using the original headset, i would do as stated above or:
go back to the shop and ask a refund or repair.

if your using your own headphones:
try using your headphones in other devices (pc, mp3 player) and see if it does the same, if not contact the company where you bought your wfs if you still have warrenty, i would not accept this kind of hardware failure. ;)

good luck with your headphones ;)

GLORIS:
Well, i have Razer Electra headphones... it have support for HTC (mic on wire, 4-pin jack)

JACK ON BOTH, ELECTRA AND ORIGINAL HTC EARPHONES ARE SAME SIZE!!!

my theory: magnetic??? your jack from amazon is magnetic, check this now please:)

VitanyLTD:
phone is ok, original earphones from HTC connect perfect but others not.

YEP! HTC earphone JACK CONNECTOR IS MAGNETIC, SO WE NEED MAGNETIC 4-pin JACK CONNECTORS!!!!
best will be reduction JACK MALE 4pin to JACK FEMALE 4pin

AFTER THIS I HATE HTC FOR HARDWARE SUPPORT!

Last edited:
Reactions: jchavez1993

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
no, neither the headset nor the headphones are magnetic. I can genuinely see absolutely no difference between the two plugs, but one works, one doesn't :s

m1ndh4x8r

Dec 3, 2011
I to have problems with 3.5mm in car its loose any slight movement will turn off music. i will find an adapter to.

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110760294384

just ordered this. according to the listing there are 3 in the pack, and that's only around £2.70. So if it works out well, and anyone in the uk wants one I should have 2 spare when they arrive, just let me know if you want one and you can have it. I'll try it out first when they get here though. From the description, it sounds like it takes the 3.5mm 4 pin (with headset) and converts it to 3.5mm 3 pin (normal headphones). So it should be perfect if you don't want use of a mic/headset.

My headset cable adapter works well to be fair, but the extra cable does make thigns a bit unmanageable, so hopefully this adapter will work out a bit better :)

wfbml

Feb 1, 2012
I had the same problem. After trying different headphones, I decided to take a small slotted screw driver.
Just stick it into the slot and turn it a few times without too heavy pressure and now everything works nice!

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
I had the same problem. After trying different headphones, I decided to take a small slotted screw driver.
Just stick it into the slot and turn it a few times without too heavy pressure and now everything works nice!

LOL, you should be a doctor... a surgeon man ... just stick your knife in a man without too much pressure, and it works out perfectly ... lol ... or maybe a butcher better :D:D:D

wfbml

Feb 1, 2012
Haha...yeah, that's how I deal with my problems xD
No seriously, I was really worried before I did it but it worked out fine!

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
those plugs for headphones 'felt' cheap the first time i plugged my headphones... they rly have little something that stops you from plugging propperly so you just roll it few times, i did it with my hp-s...just roll and push a bit... and i smiled just how u did it with screwdriver xD

but the main thing is, that it works... you guys decide: screwdriver or headphones jack xD

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Reactions: MegaFisshy

miguelca

Jun 15, 2010
Portugal
Google Pixel 7a
I personally would go for a screwdriver and a hammer... :D

EDIT: I had that problem with a pair of Creative EP630 in-ear headphones (cheap eBay copy).
Since I bought my Sony MDREX-50LP (guaranteed original) never had that issue.
The sound with Poweramp is absolutely FANTASTIC.

Last edited:

MegaFisshy

Jan 12, 2012
Johannesburg
Was so Angry when I first found this problam, I listen to a lot of music. I twisted the Headphone jack a couple of times and Voila!

Thank you Wfbml + b02!
Now I can enjoy my SteelSeries Siberia V2's as well as my Hi-Fi on my WFS!

Yes, I do have the Beats "Mod" Installed.

M_Nation

Dec 5, 2011
YES!!!

Sorry for digging up an old topic but I just had to say thank you so much for the screw driver fix : it worked like a charm and I can finally make use of my music again!

baqtor

Sep 10, 2009
Sorry for digging up an old topic but I just had to say thank you so much for the screw driver fix : it worked like a charm and I can finally make use of my music again!

Dude thanks for digging it up, I've been having the same problem and now its fixed. This should be in the FAQ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GLORIS:
    Well, i have Razer Electra headphones... it have support for HTC (mic on wire, 4-pin jack)

JACK ON BOTH, ELECTRA AND ORIGINAL HTC EARPHONES ARE SAME SIZE!!!

my theory: magnetic??? your jack from amazon is magnetic, check this now please:)

VitanyLTD:
    phone is ok, original earphones from HTC connect perfect but others not.

YEP! HTC earphone JACK CONNECTOR IS MAGNETIC, SO WE NEED MAGNETIC 4-pin JACK CONNECTORS!!!!
    best will be reduction JACK MALE 4pin to JACK FEMALE 4pin

AFTER THIS I HATE HTC FOR HARDWARE SUPPORT!
    those plugs for headphones 'felt' cheap the first time i plugged my headphones... they rly have little something that stops you from plugging propperly so you just roll it few times, i did it with my hp-s...just roll and push a bit... and i smiled just how u did it with screwdriver xD

but the main thing is, that it works... you guys decide: screwdriver or headphones jack xD

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium