Best ROM for HTC Dream ?

Search This thread
J

jianC

I've tried all those
They're a tiny bit faster than froyobylaszlo...just a bit:p
Maybe I should try a donut rom with 2708+ kernel...
Although...no it doesn't work right I've heard
What I really need is a toggle to turn off data completely
There is no way to do that in donut
Even changing the apn doesn't help

Try droidwall maybe?

PersianSphinx

Aug 23, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've tried all those
They're a tiny bit faster than froyobylaszlo...just a bit:p
Maybe I should try a donut rom with 2708+ kernel...
Although...no it doesn't work right I've heard
What I really need is a toggle to turn off data completely
There is no way to do that in donut
Even changing the apn doesn't help

same, damn vodafone charged me 2 quid for less than a megabyte of data usage! pfff... i dont think theres even data on/off toggle on eclair either... at least not by default. but surely there are apps... no?

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
same, damn vodafone charged me 2 quid for less than a megabyte of data usage! pfff... i dont think theres even data on/off toggle on eclair either... at least not by default. but surely there are apps... no?

i dont think so
id really like to know if there is
thats why i use froyo

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
^Not mine, my brothers ;)

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
there was but i forgot the name of the app!!! im sure beatiful widgets has it, it has toggles for everything. there are lots of widget toggles for data on/off. search market for them.

Yes I tried a few of those toggle apps but they just plain didn't do anything :D
If you know of one that does work, post it :p

PersianSphinx

Aug 23, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Yes I tried a few of those toggle apps but they just plain didn't do anything :D
If you know of one that does work, post it :p

oh, ok. im on froyo right now (my froyo does have toggle) but i will get back to you when/if i go back to eclair.... there was this app that did it i think, i dont remember the name but you had to swipe the screen right to left so a page would pop up and it would allow you to do pretty much anything, multitasking, data on/off, everything basically...

edit: this might do, and also i downloaded this application called droidwall and that was good too. what it did was disable internet connection for apps, and let you choose if you want to disable wi-fi or data. so you could have complete internet connection for superuser, wifi only for market and data only for rss feed. or any other option :D

Last edited:

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011
oh, ok. im on froyo right now (my froyo does have toggle) but i will get back to you when/if i go back to eclair.... there was this app that did it i think, i dont remember the name but you had to swipe the screen right to left so a page would pop up and it would allow you to do pretty much anything, multitasking, data on/off, everything basically...

edit: this might do, and also i downloaded this application called droidwall and that was good too. what it did was disable internet connection for apps, and let you choose if you want to disable wi-fi or data. so you could have complete internet connection for superuser, wifi only for market and data only for rss feed. or any other option :D

Eh, those don't totally disable the data
I've tried similar stuff
It's alright, Froyo's fine

And I don't have my phone right now anyways

croniccorey

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
London
I installed Cyanogen Mod 6.1 Magpie on my HTC G1 Dream.
Almost all applications are installed on the SD Ext partition.
It's deadly slow. I can't bare it.

Do you have a better, faster, more stable ROM to suggest?
I need SD Ext partition support.
I crawled the forum, but I am new to Android and feel lost.
I am now good with adb, rom partitionning and rom flashing though.
I always wipe everything before flashing (including system).

Give me your best advise please.

you could try my rom it is very stable and fast heres the link to the cronmod dream fourm http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1641692

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
I am using Froyo Cream Sandwich right now and I LOVE it! But one comment: please do NOT use questions that were asked before: LOTS of people asked this and LOTS of people answered these questions, so just look around on xda-developers forums before you post a question!

alexisguitarra

Mar 16, 2011
You should try CronMod-1.0.4. It's the best rom I ever tried also it's based on Gingerbread 2.3.7 with cyanogenmod adds. I really loved this one, incredible fast, stable, and smooth even looks like I'm on froyo. Good luck..!

frankdrey

Dec 28, 2011

Unrelashade

Sep 7, 2009
Of course not only speed is important :) I just wanted to ask for videos because I am very interested in speed.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
well this video is over 2 years old... anyhow if i had the time i would make a review video of every rom i try because i too wish this was out there... but i dont and all we can hope for is that each developer will make a video of theirs...
or hey you can make the videos!

brjoon1021

Nov 20, 2011
I HAVE to chime in, I have used SuperCSDIv4 ROMs for over a year, every day, and recently switched to another awesome ROM

I have only had a G1, no other phone. I have had one for 3+ years. All that time I have only tried HTCclay's Superfast. a few variations of SuperCSDIv4 (90% of my use) and now Superbler with RAM hack.

I have yet to see a downside moving from the Donut based SuperCSDIv4 to Froyo based Superbler. Not even speed is an issue. I really recommend you check this ROM out! I have to disagree with the poster who mentioned that people were forgetting how fast Donut ROMs are (and I have been using -arguably- the fastest one) compared to Froyo ROMs. All in all I think Superbler with the RAM hack is just as fast, some things take longer and some are faster. I have the same apps on both phones and some things definitely open and run more quickly on the Froyo ROM.

Reactions: Unrelashade

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really think that froyobylaszlo is the best. Stable and very fast ROM =)
    Have you tried the cm7 port? I mean the one with the closed thread. I forget the thread exact name... how is the battery life on ezgingerbread btw? I'm using his kernel right now and it is awful, always forceclose, battery drained about 45% in one hour wifi airplane mode...with minimum bln... below minimum screen light... drained 4% while writing this!

The Persians were the first to rule over the third Galaxy...

the problem isnt ezterrys kernel its cm7 - this is not so good for the dream. ezgingerbread is one of the best roms you will find to date on the g1.
    highly recomended.
    forgive my spelling, sent with my g1
    Ok, so EzGinger has good speed and good stability but still i can not recommend any other rom than DreamTeam... it lacks an good ap2ext as FBL but in my opinion that is the fastest rom i have ever seen on my G1... it's flying... no lags, a few force close a day but i love it... still now i am changing roms like socks... one a day :) and i have to say that there are just 3 roms that need to be talked about... FBL, EzGinger and DreamTeam...

Oh... and last... does anyone know a faster launcher than Laucher Pro ? For me this is the fastest...

I'm off to test the new SenseLX L2 :)

A few force close a day? doing what? What apps? I don't like hearing about problems with my rom, makes me feel like I've messed up, so I try to fix em asap

And I find the stock launcher to be the best performing.

Also, if you find any problems with sense lx, I blame ldrifta :p
    don't you think you are missing something?!!

Guys, I don't post so much. But have been a good observer of the dream threads for ages.

While discussing something best for G1, you guys should probably consider that, may be you are forgetting how Donut used to run on your hardware couple of years back. Believe me, once you start running them once again - say this or this or this or this, you will immediately find out how you are depriving yourself from the performance your G1 can yield.
    Of course, the devs are doing amazing work by making impossible things happen everyday, but was G1 ever made to run them at the first place?!! There is clear difference in performance - however, with the sacrifice of few additional options. But there are people of different tastes for good reason.

Thanks
    I HAVE to chime in, I have used SuperCSDIv4 ROMs for over a year, every day, and recently switched to another awesome ROM

I have only had a G1, no other phone. I have had one for 3+ years. All that time I have only tried HTCclay's Superfast. a few variations of SuperCSDIv4 (90% of my use) and now Superbler with RAM hack.

I have yet to see a downside moving from the Donut based SuperCSDIv4 to Froyo based Superbler. Not even speed is an issue. I really recommend you check this ROM out! I have to disagree with the poster who mentioned that people were forgetting how fast Donut ROMs are (and I have been using -arguably- the fastest one) compared to Froyo ROMs. All in all I think Superbler with the RAM hack is just as fast, some things take longer and some are faster. I have the same apps on both phones and some things definitely open and run more quickly on the Froyo ROM.