Opera Mobile 9.5 build 781!! Diamond

Search This thread

robosiris

Release Notes

Opera 9.5 - Build 781 - Release Notes
-------------------------------------

This build has been taken from a HTC Diamond ROM.

As with the build 405 release, we have made some adjustments:

- Able to uninstall
- WM5 version
- QVGA version

Note on this build: works great; scrolling seems smoother; always installs to \Windows\Opera9.

Note on the WM5 version: we performed the same trick as for the 405 build, but this build has NOT been tested on an actual WM5 device.

Note on the QVGA version: the skin used in the 405 PROPER build (thanks to whoever made that skin) could not be used, as there are a bunch of new icons in this build. We had to create a new QVGA skin, and though it mostly works fine, it could still be improved upon. We also adjusted the scrolling/zoom settings as was done in the 405 PROPER, as that works a lot better than the default settings from the VGA version.

- Have fun!

I thought I'd copy and paste the release notes here, instead of people searching. Hope this helps. It'll be good to post the opera's latest version here as well.

invd

Aug 11, 2007
Yes, I am installing it as I speak to my card. I just tried 9.5 out for the first time last night, an older build, but I was quite impressed.

Well, you can choose to install to card, but for me it didn't work, all necessary files go to \windows\opera9 as mentioned in the release notes. Can anybody "fix" this? Would be really great!

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Is it possible to install it on memory card??

:rolleyes:

Yes, I am installing it as I speak to my card. I just tried 9.5 out for the first time last night, an older build, but I was quite impressed.

............. :

Opera 9.5 - Build 781 - Release Notes
-------------------------------------

This build has been taken from a HTC Diamond ROM.

As with the build 405 release, we have made some adjustments:

- Able to uninstall
- WM5 version
- QVGA version

Note on this build: works great; scrolling seems smoother; always installs to \Windows\Opera9.

Note on the WM5 version: we performed the same trick as for the 405 build, but this build has NOT been tested on an actual WM5 device.

Note on the QVGA version: the skin used in the 405 PROPER build (thanks to whoever made that skin) could not be used, as there are a bunch of new icons in this build. We had to create a new QVGA skin, and though it mostly works fine, it could still be improved upon. We also adjusted the scrolling/zoom settings as was done in the 405 PROPER, as that works a lot better than the default settings from the VGA version.

- Have fun!

I thought I'd copy and paste the release notes here, instead of people searching. Hope this helps. It'll be good to post the opera's latest version here as well.

---------------------------------

Well, you can choose to install to card, but for me it didn't work, all necessary files go to \windows\opera9 as mentioned in the release notes. Can anybody "fix" this? Would be really great!

Possibly. It depends on Opera internals... does it always look for files in \Windows ? May be possible, but impossible to say unless somebody tries to modify it and it works (or not).

Last edited:

flaviopac

Jan 10, 2008
I need device space because on my Touch I haven't so much....

Can this Opera build play .flv videos like youtube's ones?

invd

Aug 11, 2007
............. :

---------------------------------

Possibly. It depends on Opera internals... does it always look for files in \Windows ? May be possible, but impossible to say unless somebody tries to modify it and it works (or not).

You r right...I've gone back to my older version (Build 405) because it is not a cab but just Files in a zip-file so I can put almost everything to my SD-Card...but I think some things where modified to make it work like this. When I have time I will look into the cab and try to make a copy-only version by using the older release...

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
1. Can someone mirror it here? Don't have a ppcgeeks account so can't download.

2. What is the difference between QVGA and QVGA_wm5 version? It's hard to figure that out from their release notes.

Again, thanks for the heads up!

rorydaredkign

Jun 20, 2007
London
rapidshare links:
WM6 QVGA http://rapidshare.com/files/116375406/Opera_9.5__Build_781__Diamond__Uninstallable__QVGA.cab.html
WM6 VGA http://rapidshare.com/files/116378635/Opera_9.5__Build_781__Diamond__Uninstallable__VGA.cab
WM5 QVGA http://rapidshare.com/files/116377997/Opera_9.5__Build_781__Diamond__Uninstallable__QVGA__WM5.cab
WM5 VGA http://rapidshare.com/files/116379349/Opera_9.5__Build_781__Diamond__Uninstallable__VGA__WM5.cab
:p
no flash support methinkgs... but keyboards onscreen go away YAY
Can maybe be installed in a different folder if you copy it someplace else, then in opera:config, click on user prefs, and change opera directory there...
not tried but a theory:)
Rory

Last edited:

invd

Aug 11, 2007
no flash support methinkgs... but keyboards onscreen go away YAY
Can maybe be installed in a different folder if you copy it someplace else, then in opera:config, click on user prefs, and change opera directory there...
not tried but a theory:)
Rory

Nice theory, I'm going to check that :)

bluemetalaxe

Jan 8, 2008
so this is the long waited opera 9.5, but can someone test it and tell me if or what is better than opera mini ?

robosiris

so this is the long waited opera 9.5, but can someone test it and tell me if or what is better than opera mini ?

For some odd reason, I can't use it. It installs, but it won't load and stays stuck. I have to reboot it. But I can attest to the fact that it uninstalls:D. I have opera mini, but can't test it to know whether or not it's better than opera mini, (Netfront and Opera Mini are my favorite browsers.)

Last edited:

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
I just installed it and there is a big difference between this and the old build: Even on the logo during the startup it forced all the background applications to close. This means, is takes much more RAM then the old build.
I hope, this stays still usable on my device.

edit: Maybe it was the default homepage or the first startup, but now it seems to be more memoryfriendly.
Bookmarks (opera6.adr) from application data\opera9 copied over to windows\opera9 works well.

And it seems, that the size of the bookmarks is still VGA. Looks much bigger, than in the last build :)

Last edited: