deploys OK & shows on settings list but does NOT work on Samsung Focus as well

same error: "can not save..."

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
from what rom is this .xap actially ?
I think we miss some drivers/settings that arn't on the 1 gen phones
so please tell me from what phone then I can look what is missing and we can maybe at it to the phone

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
from what rom is this .xap actially ?
I think we miss some drivers/settings that arn't on the 1 gen phones
so please tell me from what phone then I can look what is missing and we can maybe at it to the phone

This was taken from the market place to share, hopefully someone can get it working.

It looks like Samsung have pulled it from the Market.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
If it's available at all (seems to come and go), it's in the Samsung Zone section of the marketplace. If you have a Samsung gen2 phone, but for some reason don't have that marketplace section, enable it using the Samsung OEM Marketplace XAP (see my signature).

If you aren't on a Samsung gen2 phone (Focus Flash or Omnia W; the original Focus and Omnia 7 don't work) don't bother trying; it won't work on those phones unless they changed that just recently. A non-Samsung phone won't work at all (though in theory an HTC with a custom ROM could be made to, if somebody included the Samsung drivers in a custom ROM for HTC... interesting idea, but I'm not a ROM chef).

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Kinda off topic but anyone have the High Fidelity GPS xap? It comes on the Flash and S but it works on 1st gen phones too.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
its stock from rom so you need to patch it first to sideload

Attachments

• HighFidelityPosition.xap
    279.8 KB · Views: 124
  • CBSetting_signed.xap
    479.8 KB · Views: 111
  • ExtraSettings.xap
    283 KB · Views: 126
  • WirelessManager.xap
    457.6 KB · Views: 83
  • PhotoStudio.xap
    5.1 MB · Views: 69
  • CallBlockApp.xap
    295.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Reactions: voluptuary and nepi

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
none of those .xaps work , at least I cant load any of them onto my focus , I load howebrew all the time, just none of these will load?

voluptuary

Dec 29, 2010
Mukwonago
Reactions: DJBlaster-303

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Is there any chance to get these working on Omnia7/Focus when fully unlocked with DFT ROM?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It's not a matter of unlock level, so much as a question of what drivers are included. If they included the gen2 drivers on the gen1 ROMs (which should be possible, though I'm not a chef) then yes, you can use the gen2 apps. If they didn't, then no dice.

A full unlock may be sufficient to create a different app that has the same end effect. It would have to use a different technique though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys

Ive got my hands on the new Samsung call blocking app, ive installed it to my HTC Titan. It does fire up but cant do much with it.....

http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-releases-call-blocking-app-for-its-devices/

Hopefully someone here can make it work for the rest of us.

Kev

Update..... Ive now uploaded the unchanged xap with the INTEROPSERVICES unchanged
    The official XAP does have ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES, incidentally - whoever removed it from the version in the OP, shame on you. That was there for a reason.

What kind of driver? How about one that hooks into the phone stack? Remember, there's no public API for talking to the phone interface, and apps don't run constantly in the background so they can't look at every incoming call and decide whether to take it or not anyhow. Instead, you need to use native code with sufficient permissions to hook into the software stack used for taking calls, and you need to do it with something that can be queried against at any time. In other words, you need a driver or service (there is a difference, but I don't know enough about CE to be sure what that difference is).

The important point is that drivers and services are typically baked into the ROM. I've tried modifying an existing driver - not even installing a new one, just replacing the DLL with an older version - to no avail. I'll try again if anything new comes up that I haven't done before, but until then, you'll need to hope for a firmware update from Samsung. If the rate at which they provide updates to their Android phones is any indication, don't hold your breath.
    I think this could be interesting, since it works on my HTC 7 Pro with Dynamics 1.21 ROM... :good: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33115264&postcount=7
    English version is available: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33129691&postcount=23
    Q from 3 days ago: still not working on other phones????
    A from 2 days ago: no :-(
    DERP from today: So does this now work on HTC phones ?
    You do the math.
    its stock from rom so you need to patch it first to sideload