[ROM] MTK6573 / Hero H7300 / HD7 Clone / T9299 Cooked ROM

Search This thread

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
- Now a really useful thing that is not working correctly one this phone.
Before owning this H7300, I was using an HTC HD2 that is still a very good phone by the way.
I like to hear music at work or when I go from one place to another by feet and for this I was using a wired headset with remote control on it that includes RR, Play/Pause and FF command (the Play/Pause button is used for hanging up and picking up calls when not using a media player).
A very useful feature for anybody using the phone as an audio player.
Android phones that are HTC made still have this function available, but for the others, this is not the case...
I've got this fix integrated now so I will release it in my next ROM version.
I don't have one of these headsets to test it on so you will have to be the guinea pig for whether it works or not :p

I've also been working on updating the framework and baseband to newer ones available on the russian forums.

I actually prefer the older framework better but so far my testing has shown it to be a lot more stable and I have not had a problem with losing mobile data connection any more so it is definitely worth the upgrade. (Most people probably prefer the flashier new framework anyway)

I will release a new version with all of these fixes in a few days so look out for it.

hugoinfante83

Jul 15, 2011
Hi there

I have been reading these forums for some time and have finally created my own cooked ROM for these MT6573 / MTK6573 based Chinese Androids that I wanted to share since there doesn't seem to be any here.

This ROM was created from a stock system ROM off a Hero H7300 which I believe should work on all HD7 or T9299 clones.
The ID for the base ROM is 10HX2P.H7300.111125.AD2_3_4_V1.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G.
I don't like to customise things too much (since everyone has their own preferences) so I have just done most of the basics.

Here is a list of what I have done to this ROM:
  • Removed all Chinese based apps and useless apps
  • Installed ChainsDD's Superuser and set root permissions
  • Installed BusyBox
  • Removed boot screen audio
  • Installed AdFree hosts file to block ads
  • Deodexed all Apps
  • Installed task killer speed tweaks
  • Slightly customised default locker screen icons
  • Replaced statusbar battery indicator
  • Updated Android Market to 3.3.12
  • Updated Gmail to 2.3.5.2
  • Updated Google Maps to 6.0.2
  • Updated Google Music to 4.0.9
  • Installed latest ES File Explorer 1.6.0.8 and ES Task Manager 1.2.0 to data folder
  • Installed Go Launcher 2.71 and Go Locker 1.08 to data folder
  • Installed YouTube 2.3.4 to data folder
  • Installed TeslaLED 3.0.2 to data folder
  • Updated gps.conf for oceania region (See below to change region)
  • Updated apns-conf carriers from here to support all mobile data
  • Customised build.prop settings for better functionality and speed (see below)

Updated to v2:
  • Updated Market to 3.4.4
  • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.6.1.0
  • Updated Maps to 6.0.3
  • Installed Facebook 1.8.1
  • Installed Twitter 3.0.0
  • Installed Blackmart 0.49.93
  • Moved all updateable apps to data partition

Updated to v3:
  • Fixed apns-conf bug in v2 ROM so 3G data works correctly again

Updated to v4:
  • Fixed problem where market kept crashing
  • Configured busybox run-parts to support init.d boot scripts
  • Altered settings to increase battery life
  • Updated GO Locker to 1.09
  • Updated GO Launcher to 2.73

GPS Region Change
If you are in a different region (most probably are :p) you can go to this thread to download a gps.conf for your area:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=953630
Dowload the file you need and then replace it under /system/etc/gps.conf
Having the correct file here makes a huge improvement in the speed of GPS fixes.

Go Launcher and Go Locker
I have installed these two apps since they are my favourite ones and are very customisable and skinnable.
They are installed on the data folder so feel free to replace them with your own preferred launcher/locker.
Just remember not to move the launcher or locker themes to your SD card as they may not work properly after reboot. (especially locker themes)

Build.prop Settings
Currently these are the custom settings I have added to the build.prop
Feel free to alter these yourself to how you prefer by editing /system/build.prop file.
Code:
# fix some app problems
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0
#enable hardware acceleration
debug.sf.hw=1
#increase dalvik cache
dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
#Saving jpg at 100% quality
ro.media.enc.jpeg.quality=100
#Improved the quality of photos and videos
ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap=8000000
ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps=8000000
#Disable icon in the status bar debug mode when you connect the cable
persist.adb.notify=0
#Disable delay call
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
#optimization of energy consumption
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=180
pm.sleep_mode=1
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
#Removing delay returning from black screen after/during a call
ro.lge.proximity.delay=25
mot.proximity.delay=25
#Helps scrolling responsiveness
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150
#Increase touch responsiveness
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
#Disable boot animation for faster boot
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
#Disable surface dithering to improve image quality
persist.sys.use_dithering=0

So far it's been working pretty good on my phone and I'm very happy with it.
3G data, Wifi and GPS are all working perfectly for me (much better than my last phone).
Please feel free to test it out and let me know how it goes.

Download Here:
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v4

Installation Guide

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER WITH THESE PHONES AS IT IS INCOMPATIBLE

1) Download my ROM rename it to update.zip and copy it on to your sdcard under /mnt/sdcard/update.zip

2) Next you will need to install a custom recovery partition to be able to install custom ROMs.
Bruno Martins has provided an excellent guide for flashing these phones which you can follow here:
http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html
He also has his own Custom Recovery Image and ROMs he has developed with custom frameworks you can download from here:
http://www.eten-users.eu/index.php?/topic/21447-hd7-mt6573-support-thread/
Download the recovery image and then follow his flashing tutorial to install that to your phone.

3) Once you have the recovery image installed reboot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the volume up + power key to turn the phone on.
This will then boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.

4) First thing you want to do here is to go into backup and restore and create a backup of your phone that you can restore back to if you don't like my ROM.

5) Once you have a backup you can follow this guide to install the custom ROM.

6) After you install the ROM and restart your phone don't be scared if it sits on a black screen for some time as it's just rebuilding the dalvik cache.
(I got neverous my ROM didn't work the first time I booted it :p)

7) [optional] Update your gps.conf for your local region using the instructions above.

Old Versions:
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v3
Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v2
Hi,
I just flash your ROM v3 and v4 and i am not able to have internet tru wifi and registe the google account/credentials.
through adb shell i can ping the router, and i can ping a website xpto with ip address.
back to the smartphone i can only open xpto using the same ipaddress, seems that is not translating the name.....
What i can do to fix this?

thank you!

Hero H7300

fodemi

Feb 22, 2008
Hello to everyone,
just now I developed the HONEYCOMB Rom android v.3 for these phones..

* Hardware acceleration
* Market app Paid
* TV
* Radio without antenna

Simply the Best!!!!

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
OK, I think my new ROM is ready, v5 is available in the first post.

Here are some pics of the new framework I have been working on:

pic1.png
pic2.png
pic3.png

pic4.png
pic5.png

Last edited:

davidk1970

Jan 23, 2012
Hi,

Do you ROM is working with wcdma 850? my HD7 phone have wcdma 850/2100. usually, the HD7 phones are 900/2100 but in my country I need wcdma 850/2100.
If not, do you know where I can get one? Like the one of Chanjiang HD7.

Thank you

Thank you

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

And where can we download your android 3.0 Rom.......
Or you are just making fun.....

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
Hi,

Do you ROM is working with wcdma 850? my HD7 phone have wcdma 850/2100. usually, the HD7 phones are 900/2100 but in my country I need wcdma 850/2100.
If not, do you know where I can get one? Like the one of Chanjiang HD7.

Thank you

Thank you

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

And where can we download your android 3.0 Rom.......
Or you are just making fun.....
I'm not sure, do a nandroid backup and then try it out to see if it works for you.

Also there is no such thing as a 3.0 ROM for these phones.
(Not a proper one anyway)

fodemi

Feb 22, 2008
Please, someone can help me?
what is the file into the Rom to change to solve the problem between sim1 and sim2 that don't receive if in data connection?
PLEASE HELP ME...

djelloul

Aug 26, 2008
I've got this fix integrated now so I will release it in my next ROM version.
I don't have one of these headsets to test it on so you will have to be the guinea pig for whether it works or not :p

Hi there!
I've seen your message and for testing purpose, I've downloaded and updated my phone with your V5 ROM.
Unfortnately, the headset is still working as before... :(
It seems you changed the qwerty.kl file, but in my opinion, it's not enough.

I'm surprised you don't have a headset with your phone...
Normally there's one included in the phone package at delivery.
Any hands-free headset with a 4 tip 3.5 jack connector should work on the phone.
To see if it's working, just make a call with the headset connected and push the button: the call should be paused.
Another push should unpause it.
A long press should hang up the call.

The problem with our HD7 is that these events are not catched by the system if there's no calling session active.

This point put appart, you've done a really good job on the GUI and everything is very shiny!
I feel like I received another brand new phone :)

jantle

May 28, 2006
Please, someone can help me?
what is the file into the Rom to change to solve the problem between sim1 and sim2 that don't receive if in data connection?
PLEASE HELP ME...

Are you kidding?
You try to cheat other users by offering a ROM with an Android-Version that simply does not exist for this Phone, and then ask users to pay for a password for this false ROM!?
And now you are asking for help??
What about making a big donation to bunta126 (or to me) ? Maybe you will receive help then...

To make it clear for others: there is definitely no Honeycomb or whatever Android-Version for this phone. The latest one available is Gingerbread 2.3.5.
So whatever fodemi tells you... don't pay

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
OK, I think my new ROM is ready, v5 is available in the first post.

(...)
Can you please let me know how did you get access to my V3.0MOD ROM and why are you using it as a base for your ROM?

Your latest ROM is an exact copy of my V3.0MOD except for the framework customization. Amazing... taking credits for other's work. :mad:

Winmerge proof:
jl1ctw.png

android.policy.jar and framework.jar contains my custom fixes for the reboot problem as well as the advanced power options (reboot to recovery option).

If you are not a coward, please admit that you have copied my work and leave the credits to my work!

Last edited:

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
If you are not a coward, please admit that you have copied my work and leave the credits to my work!
As I mentioned I got updated files from the russian forums.
I don't know where they got them from but I didn't get them from you and I wouldn't want to either since you force people to donate for open source software.

Last edited:

MSprecher

Sep 30, 2010
Hannover
What a poor and dumb way of copying somebody elses work, doing some cosmetic changes on status bar and then to show off with with a so called "cooked ROM".
No, this is not the work of a real ROMCook, this is just poor instant food.

I hope people find out now where the real kitchen is and where the real developement takes place. That would be the place to donate!

Matthias

Last edited:

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
Hi there!
I've seen your message and for testing purpose, I've downloaded and updated my phone with your V5 ROM.
Unfortnately, the headset is still working as before... :(
It seems you changed the qwerty.kl file, but in my opinion, it's not enough.

I'm surprised you don't have a headset with your phone...
Normally there's one included in the phone package at delivery.
Any hands-free headset with a 4 tip 3.5 jack connector should work on the phone.
To see if it's working, just make a call with the headset connected and push the button: the call should be paused.
Another push should unpause it.
A long press should hang up the call.

The problem with our HD7 is that these events are not catched by the system if there's no calling session active.

This point put appart, you've done a really good job on the GUI and everything is very shiny!
I feel like I received another brand new phone :)

That's unfortunate.
I'll have a play around then and try some tests with my headset... I originally thought you were using a different type of headset with music player buttons.

The fix I added was to support buttons for changing music tracks and such so probably won't work with a default headset that has a single button for muting calls but it should be a similar fix.

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
What a poor and dumb way of copying somebody elses work, doing some cosmetic changes on status bar and then to show off with with a so called "cooked ROM".
No, this is not the work of a real ROMCook, this is just poor instant food.

I hope people find out now where the real kitchen is and where the real developement takes place. That would be the place to donate!

Matthias

You really think he is a big "ROMCook"?
He works for a company importing these phones, all he does is take the latest version with the latest drivers and such and then performs some standard functions on them that anyone would do when cooking a ROM for themselves:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1272270
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811532
and then he forces people to donate for him to give them the password for the ROM.

If you want to see some real cooks have look at a cyanogenmod ROM and see how much work they do without forcing anyone to donate for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jantle

bgcngm

Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2007
Lisbon
HTC One (M8)
Xiaomi Mi 5
Yeah, now that you have my work, it's very easy to say that...

Fixed contact number formatting (numbers will now show without dashes when a non-US locale is set)
Fixed the bug related to the association of caller identification (CID) with contacts, due to country code prefixes (more information)
Fixed reboot activity (there was a huge bug that was causing the phone to recover from an unexpected crash)
So, you call that "performing standard functions"... Funny, let me know where you can find the instructions on how to fix those issues (just some examples of what I have fixed).

EDIT: And to be clear: my work stopped being free because of mediocre people like you. Or did you forget that I've shared my V2.0MOD ROM with you by the time that there was no requirement for a donation?

Last edited:

maygood

Jul 23, 2006
testing

Hi bgcngm
Before I donate (buy) the right to use this ROM could you tell me how you test it works OK when you don't own the actual phone?
I only ask as I have had problems with other roms and wondered what support you give

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
Or did you forget that I've shared my V2.0MOD ROM with you by the time that there was no requirement for a donation?
So what if you did?
I didn't like that ROM and I haven't used it since.

After trying that one I decided to build my own ROM and all my ROMs up to v4 were created from the ROM that came installed on my phone when I bought it.
The only similarity between those and yours are some of the same apps that I also updated to on my ROM which you have no ownership over.

Unfortunately mediatek do not release their sources publicly so I cannot update to the latest official firmware like I can with a samsung phone where the new official ROMs are freely available from their firmware homepage.
The v5 ROM I started with a newer version base ROM which I downloaded elsewhere without any knowledge of who may or may not have created it.
If you like I will give full credit to the creator though as I'm sure meditek are deserving.

Last edited:

bunta126

Jan 2, 2012
Auckland
That's unfortunate.
I'll have a play around then and try some tests with my headset... I originally thought you were using a different type of headset with music player buttons.

The fix I added was to support buttons for changing music tracks and such so probably won't work with a default headset that has a single button for muting calls but it should be a similar fix.
I just tested my phone with my headset and the button was working.

I could push the button to pick up the call, I could push the button to place the call on hold and if I held the button down the call would hang up...

EzraKn

Mar 6, 2010
Hello bunta,

Thank you for your effort in the MTK6573 ROM. Finally I decide to use your v5 ROM for my phone.

However, I want to learn how to cook a ROM like you did. Would you provide me some information how to make it?

Thank you.

Regards,
EzraKn.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

I have been reading these forums for some time and have finally created my own cooked ROM for these MT6573 / MTK6573 based Chinese Androids that I wanted to share since there doesn't seem to be any here.

This ROM was created from a stock system ROM off a Hero H7300 which I believe should work on all HD7 or T9299 clones.
    The ID for the base ROM is 10HX2P.H7300.111125.AD2_3_4_V1.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G.
    I don't like to customise things too much (since everyone has their own preferences) so I have just done most of the basics.

NOTE: Only ROMs v1 through v4 are based on the above 2.3.4 ROM.
    v5 is based off a newer 2.3.5 ROM provided and modified by Bruno Martin.

Here is a list of what I have done to this ROM:
    • Based on mediatek ROM 10HX2P.H7300.111125.AD2_3_4_V1.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G
    • Removed all Chinese based apps and useless apps
    • Installed ChainsDD's Superuser and set root permissions
    • Installed BusyBox
    • Removed boot screen audio
    • Installed AdFree hosts file to block ads
    • Deodexed all Apps
    • Installed task killer speed tweaks
    • Slightly customised default locker screen icons
    • Replaced statusbar battery indicator
    • Updated Android Market to 3.3.12
    • Updated Gmail to 2.3.5.2
    • Updated Google Maps to 6.0.2
    • Updated Google Music to 4.0.9
    • Installed latest ES File Explorer 1.6.0.8 and ES Task Manager 1.2.0 to data folder
    • Installed Go Launcher 2.71 and Go Locker 1.08 to data folder
    • Installed YouTube 2.3.4 to data folder
    • Installed TeslaLED 3.0.2 to data folder
    • Updated gps.conf for oceania region (See below to change region)
    • Updated apns-conf carriers from here to support all mobile data
    • Customised build.prop settings for better functionality and speed (see below)

Updated to v2:
    • Updated Market to 3.4.4
    • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.6.1.0
    • Updated Maps to 6.0.3
    • Installed Facebook 1.8.1
    • Installed Twitter 3.0.0
    • Installed Blackmart 0.49.93
    • Moved all updateable apps to data partition

Updated to v3:
    • Fixed apns-conf bug in v2 ROM so 3G data works correctly again

Updated to v4:
    • Fixed problem where market kept crashing
    • Configured busybox run-parts to support init.d boot scripts
    • Altered settings to increase battery life
    • Updated GO Locker to 1.09
    • Updated GO Launcher to 2.73
    • Updated Google Music to 4.1.512

Updated to v5:
    • Based on 2.3.5 V3.0MOD ROM by BM
    • Base ROM is based on mediatek ROM 10HX2P.H7300.111216.AD2_3_5_V3.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G with modem baseband MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V6, 2011/10/29
    • Fixed stability and data connection loss
    • Customised interface (example here)
    • Added support for headset keys
    • Updated GO Locker to 1.10
    • Updated GO Launcher to 2.77
    • Update Google Maps to 6.2.0
    • Updated Facebook to 1.8.2
    • Updated Twitter to 3.0.1
    • Applied all fixes above

Updated to v6:
    • Based on 2.3.5 V3.2MOD ROM by BM
    • Base ROM is based on mediatek ROM 10HX2P.H7300.120227.AD2_3_5_V3.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G
    • New base ROM by BM has sd-ext support (instructions here)
    • Customised interface (example here)
    • Updated GO Launcher to 2.85
    • Updated GO Locker to 1.15
    • Updated Google Play Store to 3.5.15
    • Updated Google Play Music to 4.1.513
    • Updated Google Maps to 6.5.0
    • Updated Facebook to 1.8.4
    • Updated Twitter to 3.1.1
    • Updated Voice Search to 2.1.4

Updated to v8:
    • Based on 2.3.5 VitMod_Lite 2.1.fullodex ROM by ViNNNtalik
    • Base ROM is based on mediatek ROM 10HX2P.H7300.120227.AD2_3_5_V3.WVGAC_EN.COM_V01_3G with modem baseband MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V6, 2011/10/29
    • Includes sd-ext support (instructions here)
    • Removed unnecesary apps and Extra Apps settings menu
    • Restored to english settings and language
    • De-odexed apps
    • Added Titanium Backup 5.3.1
    • Added DroidWall 1.5.7
    • Updated all apps the same as previous ROM

Updated to v9:
    • Based on v8 ROM
    • Added support for Headset Keys
    • Fixed problem with Camera button (Not fully fixed, see below to enable)
    • Installed madmack's patch to fix RTL Hebrew text using bruno's guide
    • Added Adobe Flash Player 10.2
    • Added Real Calc 1.7.3
    • Added TelStop 1.9 to avoid mobile hacks (see here)
    • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.6.2.1
    • Updated Go Launcher to 3.16
    • Updated GO Locker to 1.39
    • Updated Google Maps to 6.12.0
    • Updated Google Play Store to 3.8.17
    • Updated Titanium Backup to 5.6.0
    • Updated YouTube to 4.1.23

GPS Region Change
    If you are in a different region (most probably are :p) you can go to this thread to download a gps.conf for your area:
    Dowload the file you need and then replace it under /system/etc/gps.conf
    Having the correct file here makes a huge improvement in the speed of GPS fixes.

ROM v9 Camera Button Fix
    In ROM v9 I fixed the camera button to open to camera instead of the phone interface.... Or so I thought.
    Unfortunately I missed a file that was overriding the change.
    To set the camera button back to camera functionality perform the following steps.
    Right click the following link and choose Save As to save it to your computer:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37057/Camera/mt6573-kpd.kl
    You can either copy this on to your phone and into the folder /system/usr/keylayout by using root explorer and setting the permissions correctly or use the following adb commands to copy it in via USB:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb shell cp /system/usr/keylayout/mt6573-kpd.kl /system/usr/keylayout/mt6573-kpd.bak
    adb push mt6573-kpd.kl /system/usr/keylayout/mt6573-kpd.kl
    You then need to restart your phone for the change to take affect.
    Be aware that the camera functionality is activated by a long press of the camera button.

Reversed BACK and MENU buttons
    If you have a phone where the BACK and MENU buttons operate around the wrong way then follow these instructions to switch them around.
    Right click the following link and choose Save As to save it to your computer:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37057/qwerty.kl
    You can either copy this on to your phone and into the folder /system/usr/keylayout by using root explorer and setting the permissions correctly or use the following adb commands to copy it in via USB:
    Code:
    adb root
    adb remount
    adb shell cp /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.bak
    adb push qwerty.kl /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl
    You then need to restart your phone for the change to take affect.

Go Launcher and Go Locker
    I have installed these two apps since they are my favourite ones and are very customisable and skinnable.
    They are installed on the data folder so feel free to replace them with your own preferred launcher/locker.
    Just remember not to move the launcher or locker themes to your SD card as they may not work properly after reboot. (especially locker themes)

Build.prop Settings
    Currently these are the custom settings I have added to the build.prop
    Feel free to alter these yourself to how you prefer by editing /system/build.prop file.
    Code:
    # fix some app problems
    debug.sf.hw=1
    #increase dalvik cache
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
    #Saving jpg at 100% quality
    #Improved the quality of photos and videos
    #Disable icon in the status bar debug mode when you connect the cable
    persist.adb.notify=0
    #Disable delay call
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    #Removing delay returning from black screen after/during a call
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    #Helps scrolling responsiveness
    #Increase touch responsiveness
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    #Disable boot animation for faster boot
    #Disable surface dithering to improve image quality

Download Here:
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v9

Installation Guide

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER WITH THESE PHONES AS IT IS INCOMPATIBLE

1) Download my ROM rename it to update.zip and copy it on to your sdcard under /mnt/sdcard/update.zip

2) Next you will need to install a custom recovery partition to be able to install custom ROMs.
    Bruno Martins has provided an excellent guide for flashing these phones which you can follow here:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.com/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html
    He also has his own Custom Recovery Image and ROMs he has developed with custom frameworks you can download from here:
    http://www.eten-users.eu/index.php?/topic/21447-hd7-mt6573-support-thread/
    Download the recovery image and then follow his flashing tutorial to install that to your phone.

3) Once you have the recovery image installed reboot your phone into recovery mode by holding down the volume up + power key to turn the phone on.
    This will then boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.

4) First thing you want to do here is to go into backup and restore and create a backup of your phone that you can restore back to if you don't like my ROM.

5) Once you have a backup you can follow this guide to install the custom ROM.

6) After you install the ROM and restart your phone don't be scared if it sits on a black screen or the boot animation for some time as it's just rebuilding the dalvik cache.
    This should take about 5-10 mins on first boot.
    (I got nervous my ROM didn't work the first time I booted it :p)

7) [optional] Update your gps.conf for your local region using the instructions above.

8) [optional] If using ROM v6 or later you can increase your internal memory size by moving the data partition to an ext2 partition on your memory card. This can be done by following these instructions.

Old Versions:
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v8
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v6
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v5
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v4
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v3
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v2
    Hero H7300 (HD7/T9299) Cooked ROM by Bunta v1

Donations are not a requirement but always appreciated :D
    New ROM v9 out :victory:
    Hello, please, can you help me? How Have I to flash my hd7? I try by recovery system but tell me that your ROM isn't a valid OTA file zip... PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

hi there

i have been reading these forums for some time and have finally created my own cooked rom for these mt6573 / mtk6573 based chinese androids that i wanted to share since there doesn't seem to be any here.

This rom was created from a stock system rom off a hero h7300 which i believe should work on all hd7 or t9299 clones.
    I don't like to customise things too much (since everyone has their own preferences) so i have just done most of the basics.

Here is a list of what i have done to this rom:
    • removed all chinese based apps and useless apps
    • installed chainsdd's superuser and set root permissions
    • installed busybox
    • removed boot screen audio
    • installed adfree hosts file to block ads
    • deodexed all apps
    • installed task killer speed tweaks
    • slightly customised default locker screen icons
    • replaced statusbar battery indicator
    • updated android market to 3.3.12
    • updated gmail to 2.3.5.2
    • updated google maps to 6.0.2
    • updated google music to 4.0.9
    • installed latest es file explorer and es task manager to data folder
    • installed go launcher and go locker to data folder
    • installed latest youtube to data folder
    • installed teslaled to data folder
    • updated gps.conf for oceania region (see below to change region)
    • updated apns-conf carriers from here to support all mobile data
    • customised build.prop settings for better functionality and speed (see below)

(btw i uninstalled facebook and twitter so you will have to add them separately)

gps region change
    if you are in a different region (most probably are :p) you can go to this thread to download a gps.conf for your area:
    dowload the file you need and then replace it in the zip file under /system/etc/gps.conf
    having the correct file here makes a huge improvement in the speed of gps fixes.

go launcher and go locker
    i have installed these two apps since they are my favourite ones and are very customisable and skinnable.
    They are installed on the data folder so feel free to remove them and replace with your own preferred launcher/locker.
    Just remember not to move the launcher or locker themes to your sd card as they may not work properly after reboot. (especially locker themes)

build.prop settings
    currently these are the custom settings i have added to the build.prop
    feel free to alter these yourself to how you prefer by editing /system/build.prop file.
    Code:
    # fix some app problems
    debug.sf.hw=1
    #increase dalvik cache
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m
    #saving jpg at 100% quality
    #improved the quality of photos and videos
    #disable icon in the status bar debug mode when you connect the cable
    persist.adb.notify=0
    #disable delay call
    pm.sleep_mode=1
    #removing delay returning from black screen after/during a call
    mot.proximity.delay=25
    #helps scrolling responsiveness
    #increase touch responsiveness
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    #disable boot animation for faster boot
    #disable surface dithering to improve image quality

so far it's been working pretty good on my phone and i'm very happy with it.
    3g data, wifi and gps are all working perfectly for me (much better than my last phone).
    Please feel free to test it out and let me know how it goes.

download here:
    hero h7300 (hd7/t9299) cooked rom

please help help!!!!
    I have just published this tutorial: Creating ROM dump of your MT65x3 device.

As soon as you have a backup of your boot.img let me know and I can help you to modify it.
    Good news for the HD7 / H7300 owners. Read here. :)