[ROM] NoLiMiT06's OTA 4.67 Slim and Tweaked v1.2.2 02/15/12 *Links Updated*

Search This thread

yankeeboy254

Feb 17, 2011
Sorry about the apps not working, I will see what I can do. In the mean time check the zips included in misery in motions thread for his bare bones rom, he has included a zip with the missing items and his may work for you. Not to sure why they wouldn't work though...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Well, it is only the HTC apps. Facebook, Swype and the other 3rd Party apps installed fine. I have a feeling it is some kind of HTC proprietary dependency or something to that effect, that you may have removed. Sprint apps do not install either. If you need any logs just let me know.

EDIT: Motion's included apps don't work either. Very strange. Could it be something with permissions and sense? I think it would be really cool if you had a "beefier" version of the ROM w/o Sprint's bloatware, but with HTC's widgets. <3 HTC's skinned widgets, just so pretty :p

Last edited:

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Thanks for this nolimit, great job first time out!

nolimit06

Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
Thanks again everyone for all of the support! Over the next few days I am going to start trying out a few things to see what I can improve on and try to incorporate some more tweaks and try to get a version out with working widgets. I will keep you guys posted!

Reactions: bimmerman7

btaylor545

Jul 8, 2010
Detroit
Hey was wondering how to reinstall the live wallpaper apks I have the live wallpaper picker and live wallpaper apks extracted from a stock Rom just need to figure out how to install em. Any help is much appreciated

metaphysical_calamity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
New Orleans
Hey congratulations on your first! Ill be giving this a try in a little bit here! Thanks! Always down for something new!

sent from the device in my hand.

cbernardo13

Jun 1, 2008
Brandon, FL
NoLimit,

I just wanna say thanks a lot for this bud. Rom runs smooth as hell. I might have to agree with others about the widgets because I enjoy HTC's widgets, but I appreciate you working on this new update for us. Rom runs smooth as hell, no lag at all, no f/c's, and stable as hell. Really appreciate it!

yankeeboy254

Feb 17, 2011
All you have to do is place the widgets back in the folder before installing the ROM...
My word, you are a genius. I just took the .apk's of the widgets/apps I wanted, and put them right back into the ROM (for those of you who don't know how to do this, extract the .apks you want from the included apps, then just copy them into the .zip in /system/app). IT WORKED! I'll upload a version of the ROM with ALL the included apks, just to save nolimit the trouble.

It's about 189MB. I'll upload to my dropbox and then post the link in a minute.

EDIT: Okay, it's uploading. Should be up in a few. Also added the Roboto Fonts, because they're awesome :)
EDIT2: Slim ROM w/ removed apps/widgets and Roboto font. Other than that, I didn't touch anything :p, NoLiMiT06, feel free to post in the OP, if you wish.

Last edited:

yankeeboy254

Feb 17, 2011
Oh, yeah, I have no idea whether the Roboto font is used by default. I just included it in the Fonts folder. I have no idea where the default font setting is, so it's just in there. You can easily use it though, you just need to set it as the system font :).

I'm still not sure why the zipped apps won't flash, it is really very strange. You may want to add a note saying that the HTC/Sprint apps won't flash successfully with the current stripped ROM, and if you want them, to use the one with the included apps, or they'll have to get them from the market.

btaylor545

Jul 8, 2010
Detroit
Oh, yeah, I have no idea whether the Roboto font is used by default. I just included it in the Fonts folder. I have no idea where the default font setting is, so it's just in there. You can easily use it though, you just need to set it as the system font :).

I'm still not sure why the zipped apps won't flash, it is really very strange. You may want to add a note saying that the HTC/Sprint apps won't flash successfully with the current stripped ROM, and if you want them, to use the one with the included apps, or they'll have to get them from the market.

What apps are you talking about I flashed the calendar Facebook sprint zone maps gmail gtalk news reader live wallpaper live wallpaper picker all with no problems whatsoever. Did you open the rar included apps and extract them then open the roms zip and put them in the system/app folder? I just got done doing all this an hour ago and have had no problems at all everything on this from with and without the included apps run smooth as butter. I'm also using dtapps2sd and running Aggressive Freedom kernel. Kudos nolimit this is by far the best Sense from I've used so far and I think I've tried them all lol

Last edited:

pmacevad

I used the rar file included in the OP to put some of the stock apps back into the ROM. I used ES File Explorer in root mode (mounted) and extracted to a spot on my sd, then cut and pasted each individual app one by one to reinstall to system/app. I did it this way cause when trying to do multi-select only some of the apps would install. This way was much more precise for me, more time consuming but haven't had one issue since I did it like that. Hope that info helps and makes sense.

On a side note, I'd like to thank nolimit for the great work. This ROM really flies and far exceeds my expectations. Keep up the great work and when I get some $ you'll get some coffee or brews on me. :thumbup: Thank you so much for the hard work!

Sent from my Modded Evo... It's easier this way. :D

btaylor545

Jul 8, 2010
Detroit
6b30435a-a190-392c.jpg
Link to the mikmik for updates baseband and pri here[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

nolimit06

Oct 30, 2011
North Carolina
Sorry for my absence but I have been busy with getting my new laptop setup and getting our apartment ready for inspection :p I should get cracking on some more stuff starting tomorrow. I will be making a slim version like the one I have already done and I will do a version with all of the default apps as well thanks to yankeeboy254. Just keep a eye out this week! I will be adding in the CoD tweaks as well so there will be no need to do them separately ;) Going to try to put together a light theme to see if I can just spice it up a little as well :)

Lord Darth Vader

Dec 5, 2010
Sounds great! I was going to flash your ROM tonight then flash the other missing items, but if you're going to add them, I'll save the trouble and wait and do it all at once. Would love a nice blue theme, but that's just me. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOAD LINKS UPDATED (07/15/13)​

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Welcome to NoLiMiT06 OTA 4.67 Slim and Tweaked
    Brought to you by nolimit06
    Version 1.2.2 build 021512
    Special thanx to the devs at XDA and Rxpert83
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​
    This ROM is a small personal project I started to learn how to develop some basic things for Android and this is what I came up with. The build is very fast and smooth and is built from the latest OTA and Kernel. I would like to thank the devs @ XDA for all of their hard work as they inspired me to put this together. I hope you like it, let me know what you think!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deodexed
    Android 2.3.5
    Based off latest OTA 4.67 Stock
    -Only 133mb zip file
    -Over 350mb free space on fresh install
    -BusyBox Installed w/ run-parts
    -A2SD Support
    -Data/App Enabled
    -Bash Support
    -Hacked Hotspot
    -Advanced 4 in 1 Power Menu
    -CRT Animations (On/Off)
    -ICS Animations
    -Native Screenshot (Power+Home)
    -Status Bar Quick Settings, Battery Mod, and 1x/3G Fix
    -Wireless N support
    -No Splash Screen (Stock Android)
    -Custom Wallpapers from Stock and TN
    -Stock Kernel
    -Sprint VVM included
    -Market included, Maps, Gmail, etc, can be found in the Marketplace
    -HTC Facebook and Flickr Sync
    -VM Heap set to 48mb
    -Wireless Scan set to 90

Update v1.2.0 02/08/12
    -Nifty Coniptions Tweaks now included thanks to scottypeterson
    -Roboto Fonts are now the default font
    -Recent Apps removed from notifications window (Gruesomewolf)
    -1% Battery Mod updated
    -About 1mb smaller due to new theme and quick settings
    -Other small performance tweaks

Update v1.2.2 02/15/12
    -All prior features included
    -New Rosie w/LaunchKey thanks to tommytomatoe
    -added Google Talk but the video chat does not work (WIP)
    -removed % from battery for a more clean look
    -changed font to default DroidSans (can be changed with ROM Toolbox)
    -updated "Nifty Coniptions" to v1.01 thanks to scottypeterson
    -increased wi-fi interval to 180 seconds (helps with battery life)

Always perform a complete wipe to eliminate the risk of errors and bugs. Wipe everything 2x except SD card and run SuperWipe 2x then flash the ROM ;)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Links

MediaFire Download
    Dev-Host Download
    AFH Download (SOON)
    Archived

Tools

SuperWipe

Recommended Apps

ROM Toolbox (Pro version is worth every penny)

UOT Kitchen used to theme

Mods are from [Collection][Project] Update to 4.67 OTA

Screenshots are attached (Updated 02/15/12) NOTE: The screen shot is just what my current setup looks like, apps shown are not included.
    All you have to do is place the widgets back in the folder before installing the ROM...
    My word, you are a genius. I just took the .apk's of the widgets/apps I wanted, and put them right back into the ROM (for those of you who don't know how to do this, extract the .apks you want from the included apps, then just copy them into the .zip in /system/app). IT WORKED! I'll upload a version of the ROM with ALL the included apks, just to save nolimit the trouble.

It's about 189MB. I'll upload to my dropbox and then post the link in a minute.

EDIT: Okay, it's uploading. Should be up in a few. Also added the Roboto Fonts, because they're awesome :)
    EDIT2: Slim ROM w/ removed apps/widgets and Roboto font. Other than that, I didn't touch anything :p, NoLiMiT06, feel free to post in the OP, if you wish.
    Going to be starting fresh on this ROM by using the new base from tommytomatoe. I will be working on this over the next week or so. I am going to be upgrading my computer with my tax refund so that why I am saying a week since I will have to reinstall Windows ;)
    It can not be posted here hopefully Lord Vader can help you out. ;)

Indeed. A few folks have already PMd me for Anthrax and I've Emailed them the kernel.

Finger lickin' good! :D

Never mind...wrong kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

You could look in infectedrom.com forums and search for it.... pretty sure, no very sure, searching... as my old pal foghorn leghorn would say, "I say son, I say, searching might work... did you hear me son, searching, whatsamata son, you got your ears on straight, I say searching, might work."

'Course, many, may be most don't know who foghorn is...;)