FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ROCKET ROM - v23 - GB - LC1 [Update 29/03] - JKay Mod 13.6.1 - MIUI Style Theme

4,940 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,302

By eybee1970, Senior Member on 7th December 2011, 10:48 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
7th February 2012, 09:11 PM |#7991  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioph1le

Of course I did full wipe before + 2x reboot like recommended.
I Could not update flash and some more, then I wiped and installed again.

After waiting ~15min to get a USB-Connection (KiesAir wasn't working), I updated the Market to 3.4.4 and still could not update flash.

Enough time-wasting, I'm going back to the bug-free CheckROM @ Abyss

investing 5 minutes on searching the thread instead for finding an easy solution on 'flash player update' could have been helpful....bye bye
The Following User Says Thank You to eybee1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eybee1970 Ad-Free

7th February 2012, 09:12 PM |#7992  
Account currently disabled
Flag Overberg, Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

just to prevent any kind of misunderstanding: I quoted a post where someone was talking about a buggy market (i know it was not YOU )...trinev answered on that and you answered on trinev's...that's the chain of conversation

So: no offense against you, I was just answering on that 'chain'...

Eybee I noticed that the market that comes with V22 is 3.3.1 and works fine but when I flashed 3.4.4. it wouldnt work
7th February 2012, 09:12 PM |#7993  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone have a clue why the Samsung app force closes when i try to update it ?. It does not error just minimizes i guess is the best word for it.

Guess my last post got overlooked .
7th February 2012, 09:15 PM |#7994  
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 29

More
for maps: go to sys/app and del maps application with root explorer
Reboot
Install maps from market
Move 2 sys with titanium backup

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App
7th February 2012, 09:16 PM |#7995  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruka

Eybee I noticed that the market that comes with V22 is 3.3.1 and works fine but when I flashed 3.4.4. it wouldnt work

of course not! Installed market is named 'Phonesky.apk' the one you installed is named 'Vending.apk'....so by updating market you do not overwrite the preinstalled market....so they conflict after installing 3.4.4, cause you now have BOTH installed in /system/app....so you should now delete 'Phonesky.apk' (3.3.1) to have 'Vending.apk' (3.4.4) running...don't foret to reboot after deleting!

@All,

I do NOT recommend installing 3.4.4 market! We should be happy to have the market running which was deliverd with ROM! That's first time now, we have that for several releases!!! Regardless of maps not updating....I know that's a prob for some
7th February 2012, 09:23 PM |#7996  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

of course not! Installed market is named 'Phonesky.apk' the one you installed is named 'Vending.apk'....so by updating market you do not overwrite the preinstalled market....so they conflict after installing 3.4.4, cause you now have BOTH installed in /system/app....so you should now delete 'Phonesky.apk' (3.3.1) to have 'Vending.apk' (3.4.4) running...don't foret to reboot after deleting!

@All,

I do NOT recommend installing 3.4.4 market! We should be happy to have the market running which was deliverd with ROM! That's first time now, we have that for several releases!!! Regardless of maps not updating....I know that's a prob for some

Thanks for that info,

I have another question ., Something wierd.

I did Nandroid backup so I am okay but a while ago I did a full wipe/factory reset and tried flashing V22

No notificatons bar came up NONE.

Any ideas why that was?

I restored my Nandroid backup.
7th February 2012, 09:26 PM |#7997  
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioph1le

Enough time-wasting, I'm going back to the bug-free CheckROM @ Abyss

I love this

see why in checkrom they use kitchen? they need It to not have to deal with these guys...

google search, flash player, google maps and everything that market does not allow to update you have uninstall from titanium and install those after from market
7th February 2012, 09:30 PM |#7998  
Flag Fécamp (76)
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinev

I love idiots

not me !!!
7th February 2012, 09:31 PM |#7999  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinev

I love idiots

see why in checkrom they use kitchen? they need It to not have to deal with these guys...

google search, flash player, google maps and everything that market does not allow to update you have uninstall from titanium and install those after from market

HI, Remember you gave me that tip on how to get the black and blue systemUI from Criskelo's Rom?

It worked great until I flashed V22, Now Deluxe settings is frozen.

Have any ideas? LA6 might not like that systemUI??

It says must use Restore. zip when I try Deluxe settings.
7th February 2012, 09:34 PM |#8000  
OP Senior Member

More
Attached flashable zip will update the following apps to newest available:

- Samsung App
- Flash Player
- Google Search

DL-Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3b2r3535qi8bsvq

Just for the ones wanting to go the easy way...it helps til next update for these apps will come...but we will be on next ROM probably til then
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eybee1970 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eybee1970 Ad-Free
7th February 2012, 09:35 PM |#8001  
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruka

HI, Remember you gave me that tip on how to get the black and blue systemUI from Criskelo's Rom?

It worked great until I flashed V22, Now Deluxe settings is frozen.

Have any ideas? LA6 might not like that systemUI??

It says must use Restore. zip when I try Deluxe settings.

yes obviously xD v22 uses jkay 13.5.1 so you need to use systemUI.apk from the very last criskelo's rom. download it and take it from there
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sprintuser swallows
Previous Thread Next Thread