Search This thread

rohanj90

Jun 12, 2011
I can't seem to connect to my home network on the Wildfire S.
When I turn WiFi on, it shows my home network but I can't connect to it.
I tap 'connect', the window closes, and that's it. WiFi keeps showing 'scanning'.
I'm in India and I'm using a Belkin router.

shreyasharusia

Jan 26, 2011
Gwalior
I tap 'connect', the window closes, and that's it. WiFi keeps showing 'scanning'.
Resatrt Your phone and restart your router.If the problem still persists then factory reset your phone.

jastonas

Jul 1, 2010
Patra
Redmi Note 10 Pro
A friend owns a Wildfire S and says that in his home router, getting out of the room where thw router is, Wildfire loses it's signal! Is it common in W S devices?

Could it be the firmware or a bad router?

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
A friend owns a Wildfire S and says that in his home router, getting out of the room where thw router is, Wildfire loses it's signal! Is it common in W S devices?

Could it be the firmware or a bad router?

Depends, what kind of walls does he have, and doors... do other phones/devices get the signal from the same place ? ...

If no other devices get signal at same place, it's router ? :p
Otherwise .... well, we will see after you answer ;)

as for this problem, happened to me, and it was because of rom, i cleaned cache and stuff... if it persist, reflash rom .. :p

Last edited:

alexpsy

Feb 8, 2012
Hi guys...i have the same problem!running cyanogenmod 7.1 stable on a desire.i connected to another open network but mot my homes' network ...strange!what can be the cause of this??

b02

Nov 2, 2011
Podgorica
Hi guys...i have the same problem!running cyanogenmod 7.1 stable on a desire.i connected to another open network but mot my homes' network ...strange!what can be the cause of this??

try forgetting the network, and then trying to recconect again.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

d33ps1x

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Try using the libril.so file from the latest HTC Stock that you upgraded the radio too. Rename and replace the original libril.so in your CM7x /Sytem/Lib/ folder give the HTC libril.so the same permissions and reboot.

There is a thread on it by me in the general index thread.