[APP]Perfect Viewer 1.4.5 - The fastest comic/image viewer on Android

Search This thread

SwedishGojira

May 26, 2011
Köping
Google Pixel 7a
I love this image viewer

But, i really miss something when i read comics, stretch image to display size

I would also like this feature, but it should be configurable so that it will only work up to a certain percent.

On my Asus Transformer I often have only a few pixels left on each side and would like to fill them since it won't distort the image too much. But I don't want it to stretch an image above a certain size just to fill the screen.

I hope you get what I mean.

kwankl

Sep 27, 2010
request to have "Disable" option in "Change page gesture" under "Control & hardware key". I would like to use the click the screen for page turning. The fling to turn page is too easily triggered. If uncheck the "Enable fling gesture", the moving of picture (gestured) will stop immediately after my finger left the touch screen. Hope you understand. thanks.

guikubivan

Sep 26, 2011
Feature request: ability to set as default for pdfs

Hello, I love this app and I plan on using for viewing sheet music on my tablet. I have setup a webdav server full of sheet music, but everytime I select a file it gives me various apps to open with, but Perfect Viewer is not there. I believe this feature would save people a lot of time rather than download, then launch Perfect Viewer and then search for the file.

I'd gladly donate as well for this. ;) Thanks!

mcorcoran

Mar 4, 2010
Thirding the request for stretch image function, I think it would definitely help out on the viewsonic-g tablet. Otherwise excellent app, keep up the great work!

SwedishGojira

May 26, 2011
Köping
Google Pixel 7a
I have recently been using Perfect viewer with the PDF addon to read PDF-documents and after reading a few pages into the document I only get white pages.
If I quit Perfect viewer and reload the document it shows correctly again for a few pages and then the error returns.
Anyoen else that have experienced this?

nguyen2011

Apr 1, 2011
Love the app. Wish developer can add Continuous Scroll Page feature. It feel more natural for non tablet screen, can't display whole page, instead have the page zoom in fit width, and continuously scroll down page through page. Please...........!!!!!!!

sloopa

Nov 12, 2007
Close to perfection

Thanks for this great app.

I use this viewer for my self scanned pages out of books. Works fine!
(Sometimes a little bit slow, but fast enough for me)

Perfect Viewer would be perfect for me, when it was possible to keep the zoomlevel when flipping to the next page. An option in the preferences to keep zoom level or not would be fantastic!

I hope this little wish could be possible :D

Thanks in advance ;)

ntluan

Apr 6, 2011
Can Tho
I have some issue with this great app. I have a comic RAR archive with some file *.jpg inside. The right order is 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg,..., 10.jpg, 11.jpg,...,100.jpg, 101.jpg. But the app it read 1.jpg, 10.jpg, 11.jpg, 100.jpg, 2.jpg, 20.jpg, 21.jpg, 3.jpg.....
"Droid Comic Reader" display with the right order but i love this app.
Sr English is not my main language, so it's hard to explain it. and my grammar is terrible.

:D

Joolian

Dec 1, 2011
Can't read left to right

I downloaded Perfect Viewer for my Asus Transformer and love it except for one thing: I can't get it to read left to right. It will only read right to left, even though I've set the direction from left to right. Anytime I open a comic file, I have to tap the left edge of the screen to go to the next page.

Does anyone know why I am unable to change the direction? (Someone else asked this same question earlier in the thread, but I didn't see an answer.)

Thanks!

UPDATE: I checked the app again last night. No matter what I do, the "scroll forward" square stays on the left side of the screen, and the "scroll backward" square stays on the right side of the screen.

Last edited:
I have some issue with this great app. I have a comic RAR archive with some file *.jpg inside. The right order is 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg,..., 10.jpg, 11.jpg,...,100.jpg, 101.jpg. But the app it read 1.jpg, 10.jpg, 11.jpg, 100.jpg, 2.jpg, 20.jpg, 21.jpg, 3.jpg.....
"Droid Comic Reader" display with the right order but i love this app.
Sr English is not my main language, so it's hard to explain it. and my grammar is terrible.

:D

It's clear what you are saying-- especially because you specified the filename sequence. So it sounds like what you need is a feature that when PV sees filenames that are completely numeric, PV should simply prefix the root of the filename with up to maybe ten "0" characters. And when the number is two digits, PV prefixes with one less "0".

So this would transform:
1.jpg => 0000000001.jpg
199.jpg => 0000000199.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

I would love to see PV add a way to filter only certain subsets of files.

I am subscribing to a digital magazine that has a crummy reader-- PV is far better. I have already set up all the gestures, navigation, etc. the way I live in PV.

But there is one problem: the publisher includes in each folder 3 duplicate versions of every page:

- Portrait
- Landscape
- Thumbnail

They use a consistent filename scheme. So I would love it if I could automatically filter for just the files for landscape or just for portrait. PV would need to implement one or two methods for the filtering:

- Regular expressions (but this is intimidating to nonprogrammers)

- A simple template of symbols (if anyone has ever used MP3Tag under Windows for music files, they may be familiar with this idea)

I separately emailed the developer with details about what I would be eager to see (and donate for).

Sergio Nova

Oct 25, 2010
I downloaded Perfect Viewer for my Asus Transformer and love it except for one thing: I can't get it to read left to right. It will only read right to left, even though I've set the direction from left to right. Anytime I open a comic file, I have to tap the left edge of the screen to go to the next page.

Does anyone know why I am unable to change the direction? (Someone else asked this same question earlier in the thread, but I didn't see an answer.)

Thanks!

UPDATE: I checked the app again last night. No matter what I do, the "scroll forward" square stays on the left side of the screen, and the "scroll backward" square stays on the right side of the screen.
Just now I saw your post.
Well, fact is, you are supposed to choose if you want left-to-right or right-to-left when you install Perfect Viewer - that is, it is not interchangeable. That is not exactly a problem, but I agree it's weird.

fokasu

Feb 8, 2012
keep zoom

hi, a functionnality that would be awesome is to keep the zoom when changing page. The software is great but I need to always zoom when i change page. (i'm reading a pdf file and the font size is small)

thanks

Reactions: samurachi

sciurius

Nov 13, 2011
johan.vromans.org
Grinding halt

The developer of Perfect Viewer hasn't participated here for a long time, but I hope he's still listening. I wouldn't know of another way to reach him...

Simply put: I love PV and I use it very often (daily) to read comics. For me it performs well and does everything I need. Unfortunately it has some problems as well.

When reading a comic from a CBR, PV sometimes starts slowing down after 20-30 pages. Instead of flipping to the next page it displays "Loading file" and then the next page appears after several seconds. The next page takes longer, and longer, up to the point that PV seems to be stuck, no matter how long I wait (many minutes) the next page doesn't appear.

When in this state I select the "Open file" menu, the menu is displayed but I cannot choose another file since whatever I do it immedeately starts loading the file it got stuck on.

The only way to get out of this is to select and load a book from the book shelf. After loading this book the "Open file" menu is functional again, although PV seems to FC after selecting a book. Upon restart it complains that it was terminated abnormally, refuses to continue loading the previous file, and everything works again.

As you can imagine, this takes the fun out of reading comics. Any suggestions to solve this are much appreciated.

Info: Archos 10.1IT G8 running UrukDroid 1.6.2; PV 1.7.2.2.

joehempel

May 5, 2011
anyone happen to know if there is a "mark all read" type of selection?

I'm moving from ComicRack back to PerfectViewer, it's just faster and better for me. And I want to mark what I've already read in this as well.

The problem is I've got over 100 comics in one folder where 90 of them have been read, and I'd rather just mark them all read and not do them individually.

cobraplayer

Oct 16, 2010
hi, a functionnality that would be awesome is to keep the zoom when changing page. The software is great but I need to always zoom when i change page. (i'm reading a pdf file and the font size is small)

A +1 from me for this feature.

-

Second, please add the ability to name bookmarks.

SwedishGojira

May 26, 2011
Köping
Google Pixel 7a
Love your app and use it pretty much daily.

I have recently found what appears to be a bug concerning the PDF addon.
It seems that PV won't list PDF files when browsing trough the LAN option. The same files show up in LOCAL browsing and CBR and CBZ show up in both without any problems.

sithmaster113

Oct 7, 2012
Brilliantly done app with one thing I'd like to see supported.

First would it be possible to have images saved in sub folders be used as covers for those sub folders but be ignored for the purpose of viewing the image fullscreen? Something like this since that is a little confusing perhaps this mock list

Main Directory
SeriesName1
folder image (pretty much to help visually differentiate folders)
chapter one.zip
chapter two.zip

anything named "folder" or what have you is ignored when viewing contents of folders. Currently cover images are opened as full screen images instead of going into a archive list.

Anyway not sure if these requests are still being checked for new ideas but this is probably the best place to ask and offer my thanks.

edit-Well not sure what happened but while reading a zip archive perfect viewer decides to not go past a certain page. I check the file to see if maybe its corrupted but its not and now that last page is shown no matter which other archive I try to open with a "loading" message at the top. Nothing seems to fix this (deleting the zip archives, reinstalling either of the newest versions, or waiting to load) so I'll reset the tablet (acer a200) and see what happens. Honestly don't want to use any other viewer as this is simple and worked well but we will see.

Last edited:

fobboy

Dec 9, 2012
Can someone explain all of the smooth filter options like averaging v2 or bilinear, etc? Which one provides the highest quality? Is there also an option to smooth the scrolling when you drag the screen? Right now it lags while you try to scroll through the page.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Perfect Viewer is a very fast image/comic viewer. This software is design for viewing image/comic from sdcard.

Features

• Support image file format: JPEG,PNG,GIF,BMP

• Support archive file format: CBZ/ZIP,CBR/RAR,7Z/CB7(No solid archive)

• Image resize method : Actual size,Fit to screen,Fit to width,Fit to height,Manual

• Image resample method: Averaging, Bilinear, Bicubic, Lanczos3

• Pinch to zoom & Fling gesture supported

• Thumbnail browse

• Set as wallpaper

• Bookmark management

• Support left-to-right or right-to-left reading

• Cache next and previous page

• Split two-page scan into single-page automatically

Known issues
    • This software requires a lot of memory to open image file. If memory not enough while open image/archive may force close by OS.
    Free memory recommend at least 50MB before startup
    • If file not support will display black screen.

Download
    1.Download from Market

2.QR Code
    attachment.php

3.Download APK directly

Screenshot
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Changelog

2011/01/25 Version 1.4.5
    • Added page transition effect
    • Added slideshow function
    • Added backlight control(Need turn off auto backlight)
    • Image smaller than screen now can scale to fit the screen
    • Thumbnail can choose full or crop(Need restart)
    • Tweaked pinch-to-zoom
    • Added support Tegra2 CPU(No FPU optimize). Need test Tegra2 user please give some feedback
    • Other minor tweak & bugs fixed

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a
    • Added option to disable fling gesture
    • Fixed Show file extensions option
    • Fixed some device FC problem

2011/01/11 Version 1.4a
    • Added option to disable fling gesture
    • Fixed Show file extensions option
    • Fixed some device FC problem

2011/01/06 Version 1.4
    • Supported scrolling & flip with fling(swipe) gesture
    • Supported scrolling with trackball
    • Supported APP2SD
    • Added file sort(file name,date,size)
    • Added show hidden files(Default off)
    • Added show file extensions(Default off)
    • Added fullscreen toggle in preferences(Default on)
    • Move Assign key function to main menu and removed Show screen function
    • Long tap history or bookmark item can delete it
    • Added data clean in main menu to clean history,bookmarks & favorites
    • Other minor tweak bugs fixed

2010/12/18 Version 1.3.2
    • Changed create thumbnail behavior
    • Thumbnail cache store as JPEG for reduce memory usage
    • Thumbnail cache limited to 5MB
    • Added goto upper folder when open file browser(Default off)
    • Fixed set as wallpaper not functional
    • Fixed may cause force close in create thumbnail
    • Fixed may cause force close in startup

2010/12/11 Version 1.3.1
    • Added simple file operation(delete,rename) in file browser by long tap item.
    • New application icon
    • Fixed Sharp IS01 can't full screen(need test)

2010/12/09 Version 1.3a
    • Fixed history menu problem
    • Fixed rotate screen in file browser may cause force close

2010/12/08 Version 1.3
    • Added support GIF (non animated) and BMP image file
    • NEON optimized JPEG and PNG decoder, Improved 10 ~ 50% decode speed on ARMv7 CPU
    • Added thumbnail display in file browser (don't use it if memory not enough)
    • Added Averaging v2 for image resampling
    • Added low memory mode, Reduce the memory usage while decoding JPEG file, but it reduces the image quality too
    • Added wallpaper setting function
    • Added Quick Setup feature
    • New file name sort method (sort file name like windows explorer)
    • Renamed the bookmark to favorites, and added new simple bookmark function
    • 7z file now supports Deflate streaming
    • History now integrated into the main menu
    • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6, but multi-touch features still need 2.1+
    • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/11/12 Version 1.2
    • All brand new menu interface
    • Added bookmark management
    • Added pinch-to-zoom support
    • Minimum require OS version up to 2.1
    • Added keep screen backlight on(Need restart)
    • Added auto rotate screen(Need restart)
    • Other minor bugs fixed

2010/10/27 Version 1.1b
    • Fixed auto open last file and history will forward 1 page with archive
    • Fixed View menu selected item is incorrect.

2010/10/21 Version 1.1a
    • Fixed auto open last file is incorrect with archive
    • Minimum require OS version back to 1.6

2010/10/20 Version 1.1
    • Added support 7z archive file (only lzma format)
    • Added automatic single-page feature (default off). Split two-page scan into single-page automatically
    • Added keep touch region position when switch screen orientation
    • Added shows page/file name (Default off)
    • Fixed switch screen orientation may cause force close problem

2010/10/06 Version 1.0
    • Added support ARMv6 CPU
    • Improved ARMv7 CPU performance
    • Added show message when busy
    • Adjust the drag to determine the conditions
    • Improved Goto function performance
    • Fixed some action may cause no responding
    • Added Japanese support
    thanks (small request)

Maybe it's possible to do it but i have not find the way do to it yet

In Bookshelf it's possible to add a set fonction for series

exemple:

Tintin----
    |----tintin vol 1
    |----tintin vol 2
    |----tintin vol 3
    Other Magazine
    Obelix-------
    |----obelix vol 1
    |----obelix vol 2
    Other comic
    Spiderman
    etc...

So in Bookshelf you see only Tintin - Other Magazine - Obelix - Other comic - Spiderman
    but when you enter in Tintin you see tintin vol 1 vol2 vol 3

thanks
    hmm, i'll check it out. thanks.
    Very nice app, fast and powerful. I have been looking for a simple sequential image viewer like this since I got my Android phone and I've tried quite a few; this is the best I've seen yet.

What I like:
    • Fast interface
    • Customizable touch zones allow quick zooming and navigation
    • Good format support
    • Can browse into directories that start with a dot

A few improvements I'd like to suggest:
    • I like the option to select the resampling method, but nearest-neighbor doesn't look very good and the other options perform too slowly on my phone to be practical. Other image viewers (such as the default Gallery) seem to handle image scaling with a better quality/performance tradeoff. Also it seems like there is an off-by-one error when selecting the sampling method, when I select a method I always get the method just above the one I selected.
    • It would be nice if there was an option for automatically switching screen orientation when the phone is rotated. Also, when I switch orientation the app steps forward to the next page, I think it should stay on the same page.
    • I don't see a long-press action, that could be another configurable action. It might be useful to display the touch commands on long press in case you forget some of the less-used commands and need a reminder. Or it could be configured to execute some other action.
    • The app is not too big currently, but it is larger than some other similar apps. For example ACV is under 300KB.

All in all, great app! Thanks for releasing it and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it in the future.

Thank you for your suggestion.

1.You can choose Averaging method it's have normal image quality and fast.
    And you found a bug I'll fix it soon.
    2.Automatically switching screen orientation will be add in future. You found another bug I'll fix it soon.
    3.I don't have plan to add long-press action currently.
    4.Because this app is use native c++ library(libpng,libjpeg etc.) to handle image&archive files so will be a little bigger
    keep zoom

thanks