FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did the unlock method work for you? (Only answer if your device is supported)

Yes

536 Vote(s)
74.44%
NO

184 Vote(s)
25.56%

[GUIDE] TO UNLOCK YOUR SENSATION FREE - WORKING FOR EVERY SENSATION (noobproof)

1,742 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,442

By xl VipeR lx, Senior Member on 24th August 2011, 03:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2012, 01:33 PM |#461  
Flag Warrington, Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Okay, tried my works sim card in my phone and it has worked! Thanks will be given later.

I was also REALLY impressed that the cwm backup facility saves EVERYTHING including call history and texts. I was worried that i would loose all that info when i did this. I'm going to get on with putting ics on now!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

2nd February 2012, 10:40 PM |#462  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've done method 2, and was just wondering,if I run Terminal Emulator again, would it still show a date, even if this has worked?
Don't currently have another sim to try
8th February 2012, 08:02 PM |#463  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This may be widely known but I used a slightly different approach to get the code.

I first tried the Strings command but got Strings: not found. However, I cd into the /dev/block directory and found the mmcblk0p6 file. I then moved that file over to my sdcard - "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.bak"

Next, I connected my phone to my computer and mounted the sdcard. I opened the mmcblk0p6.bak file using Textpad in the Binary format. I was able to find the code just like how it is shown in the image in step 6.

Textpad can be downloaded at textpad.com. You can probably use any editor which is capable of opening files in binary or hex format.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amans19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amans19 Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 09:20 AM |#464  
Flag Warrington, Cheshire

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amans19

This may be widely known but I used a slightly different approach to get the code.

I first tried the Strings command but got Strings: not found. However, I cd into the /dev/block directory and found the mmcblk0p6 file. I then moved that file over to my sdcard - "dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 of=/sdcard/mmcblk0p6.bak"

Next, I connected my phone to my computer and mounted the sdcard. I opened the mmcblk0p6.bak file using Textpad in the Binary format. I was able to find the code just like how it is shown in the image in step 6.

Textpad can be downloaded at textpad.com. You can probably use any editor which is capable of opening files in binary or hex format.

Thats an excelent idea! OP should use that info and edit the first methid post. That would make things a lot easier.

Don't know how I didn't think to look for the file myself! :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
13th February 2012, 04:41 PM |#465  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Method 1 failed method 2 failed says

parsing...[pg58DIAG.nbh]
[1] mfg_DIAG
Security fail
Update fail
F***ING FAIL GRRRRR

Please help Need my phone back
14th February 2012, 11:46 PM |#466  
Flag Denver, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 6

More
okay so after attempting to getfirmware3.24 incorrect cid and/or incorrect model id it failed everytime,however now i have Hboot 1.27 so none of my backups work and do not know which rom will can i get a little help please?!?
15th February 2012, 06:29 PM |#467  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,
I got the code using method 1. I have tried it with 2 different sim cards, and in both cases, every time I start the phone, it asks me for the code and is says unlock successfull, but then there is no signal. Have anyone experience problems like this?

I am using miui v4 (tripmiui) , maybe it is a rom problem? thanks!
15th February 2012, 08:14 PM |#468  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykcorse

Hi,
I got the code using method 1. I have tried it with 2 different sim cards, and in both cases, every time I start the phone, it asks me for the code and is says unlock successfull, but then there is no signal. Have anyone experience problems like this?

I am using miui v4 (tripmiui) , maybe it is a rom problem? thanks!

I switched from tripmiui v4 to ARHD, and I can confirmed the unlocking worked. I guess it was a bug in tripmiui in the unlocking operation
21st February 2012, 11:38 PM |#469  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterloki666

Method 1 failed method 2 failed says

parsing...[pg58DIAG.nbh]
[1] mfg_DIAG
Security fail
Update fail

I have the same problem with Method 2. I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 1.27, and FW 3.24. Anyone help?
24th February 2012, 01:22 AM |#470  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysacr

I have the same problem with Method 2. I'm S-OFF, HBOOT 1.27, and FW 3.24. Anyone help?

Ditto....I have the same issue. Would greatly appreciate some help.
29th February 2012, 12:35 PM |#471  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Unlock phone with method 2 and retain warranty
So, because a lot of people were making questions about what happens to warranty after method 2, and no right answer was given, let me answer the issue.

I had a lot of work with 3 sensation phones today, had to unlock them, but method 1 was a "no go", but the problem was, that the owners wanted to retain the warranty.

I do have an xtc clip, so I know that on other htc phones, that can be unlocked only with xtc clip and diag file, this is irreversible and warranty is void forever.

So I started to search around the web and try out new methods, untill I found a solution.

I present to you the solution: unlocking and retaining the warranty.

For thoose of you, who just want to unlock the phone, but retain the warranty, and get back to stock after unlocking, here is what you have to do:

1. Download cid getter from market, then write down your cid and mid (this is very important!!)
2. S-off your phone with revolutionary (see here)
3. Unlock your phone with method 2 (see first post)
4. Download eng hboot from here, copy to root of sd card, reboot into hboot, apply hboot update, when it's done reboot phone and delete the downloaded file from sd card.
5. Reboot phone into fastboot mode, and issue this commands:
fastboot oem writecid yourcidnumber
fastboot reboot-bootloader

(remember, the cid must be 8 digits, so if your cid number is for example HTC_032, then you should issue fastboot oem writecid HTC__032)

To check the changed cid after reboot:
fastboot getvar cid

After the cid, it's time for the mid:
fastboot oem writemid yourmidnumber

To check the changed mid number after reboot:
fastboot getvar mid

6. Download an official ruu from here, start the ruu, don't connect your phone to the pc.
Under windows 7 go to c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\temp\
Must search for folders with over 300mb of size (of course "show hidden files" must be enabled), where you will find a file called rom.zip
Copy to your sd card and rename it PG58IMG.zip
Close the ruu, restart your phone in hboot and start the official update.
When it's done, reboot phone, delete the zip file, enter fastboot and enter this command:
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Reboot your phone, and you are done: factory state has been restabilished and phone is unlocked.

Of course, if you want to retain s-off and recovery, than you should stop after 5., and finish 6. only if you have to send your phone to the shop for repairs.

Why do so many steps?
PG58DIAG changes the cid into supercid, and also the mid value (to something like this: PG58*****).
Unlocking the phone is not a problem because the sim unlocking itself doesn't shows up when you take it for repair, but if your phone has a supercid and a unofficial mid and you want to use your warranty, this changed numbers will void your warranty forever, like if you send your phone for repairs with s-off (at least in my country).
So if you change back cid and mid values to their originals, it won't be a problem, and nothing will be noticed.

With the hboot that revolutionary gives you, you can only change the cid value, but not the mid, don't even try it.
For the mid you need the eng hboot.

It would be nice to have this in the first post or something, I had a lot of work "findig out" and trying this method as the first person.

It worked flawlessly for me with 3 sensations, but as always, I am not responsible for any damage that it will make to your phone, everybody uses it at it's own risk.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zirowe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zirowe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
but is it why its not working or just the update?, for method 2: http://tinyurl.com/pyr-unlock, method 2 always failed

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)