FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT] Tasker - Total Data Connection & Sync Control V4 [MASSIVE Battery Savings!!!]

2,679 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,232

By brandall, Senior Member on 12th April 2011, 03:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2012, 06:59 PM |#221  
Flag bergamo
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall

Could you export and attach the profiles and tasks please, to make it easier to try out?

of course, here it is.
I've edited a couple of typos in the previous post, but the .xml.txt file should be ok.
as visual test I've set up a notification for each step in the cycle.

there are 3 interfaces involved, Galaxy S uses eth0 for wifi and svnet0 and/or pdp0 for mobile data, I do not know which one is correct so I use both of them.

let me know if this is useful.

EDIT:
it looks like I made a few changes to the tasks, but I'm sure you'll figure out how to deal with the threshold and name changes.
Attached Files
File Type: txt network.xml.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.2 KB, 66 views)

8th February 2012, 08:53 PM |#222  
Flag Redditch
Thanks Meter: 195

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Installation Instructions

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Task':

WIFIPREFCON.tsk.xml

In menu options/profile data 'Import One Profile':

AutoSync.prf.xml
WIFI-AutoDiscon.prf.xml
WIFI-OnCon.prf.xml
MobileData.prf.xml

The thanks meter lets me know I'm appreciated!

how do i install this in my SE Mini?
9th February 2012, 05:30 AM |#223  
Flag bergamo
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:

Could you export and attach the profiles and tasks please, to make it easier to try out?

I've set up a complete profile+task .zip with the network traffic counter.
no txt files this time format is now correct, I hope.

Profile Data Sync (every 30 mins, battery>15%,screen off) triggers connectivity on for 30 seconds.
Profile ScreenOnOff (screen on) triggers connectivity on, then waits for screen to go off, cycle to measure network traffic every 5 secs, if above 3500bytes/5sec it keeps connectivity alive, otherwise turns it off.
the %HOME location variable turns on wifi before mobile data if at home. It has to be set of course on location-

Hope it helps to enhance your great work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Network.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.6 KB, 179 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcampori For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lcampori Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 02:05 PM |#224  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcampori

I've set up a complete profile+task .zip with the network traffic counter.
no txt files this time format is now correct, I hope.

Profile Data Sync (every 30 mins, battery>15%,screen off) triggers connectivity on for 30 seconds.
Profile ScreenOnOff (screen on) triggers connectivity on, then waits for screen to go off, cycle to measure network traffic every 5 secs, if above 3500bytes/5sec it keeps connectivity alive, otherwise turns it off.
the %HOME location variable turns on wifi before mobile data if at home. It has to be set of course on location-

Hope it helps to enhance your great work.

Thank you I'll check this out in detail this weekend. Good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wucinac

how do i install this in my SE Mini?

Are you getting errors?

Sent from my HTC Flyer using XDA Premium
14th February 2012, 01:07 PM |#225  
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Exclamation
Thought I'd take the plunge and try this profile on my phone in replace for the Juice Defender ones on the wiki site.

Think I followed all the instructions but although it's going through the motions of turning wifi/3g on and off and displaying the autosync success notification I'm not receiving any new emails.

If Brandall hadn't been so good it writing a complex profile I'd start troubleshooting it but I'm not quite sure where to start.

Suggestions most welcome.....
14th February 2012, 02:46 PM |#226  
OP Senior Member
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diskb0x

Thought I'd take the plunge and try this profile on my phone in replace for the Juice Defender ones on the wiki site.

Think I followed all the instructions but although it's going through the motions of turning wifi/3g on and off and displaying the autosync success notification I'm not receiving any new emails.

If Brandall hadn't been so good it writing a complex profile I'd start troubleshooting it but I'm not quite sure where to start.

Suggestions most welcome.....

thanks for the compliment. I had this issue on a custom ROM once... I switched ROM and it worked. Have you made sure that your emails are set to update correctly? Start off with the lowest sync time and see if that kick starts it. Also, have an email in your outbox and see if that sends. Let me know.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
14th February 2012, 04:57 PM |#227  
Flag ::1
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Question
Hmmm I should have elaborated a little more:

Here's what I have:

ROM: Temaseks #59 CM7 rom
Email Client: Gmail app from gapps - not using the email app

This app doesn't have any sync settings as it's push I believe.

I started the profiles with the following settings:

wifi - off
2g - on
background sync - on
auto sync - off

This is what I'm seeing:

The phone constantly has 2g connection when idling - i.e not syncing
it syncs every 30 mins
wifi is checked and if available connected to - if not 3g is turned on
I get the sync symbol in the notification bar so it looks like this is working though I've not checked whilst it's on to see if the setting is ticked

When sync finishes the phone revers back to 2g and I get the notification message to say data successful at 1631

As far as I can tell, mobile data is not suppose to turn off entirely but just want to check that's the case.

If there's nothing I've done wrong I'll probably backup the CM rom I've got and install one built from stock (Modaco GR6) and see what happens.

Have I missed anything?
3rd March 2012, 03:52 PM |#228  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
@brandall, is the locale execute plugin still needed - given that tasker includes similar functionality already? also there is the "secure settings" plugin which is free and has some terminal execution functions.

thanks for being this innovative and inspiring in regards to tasker !
4th March 2012, 11:10 AM |#229  
Flag Teheran
Thanks Meter: 844

More
Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 usando Tapatalk
12th March 2012, 09:34 PM |#230  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Could you update the profiles to be able to work with the latest tasker version?
14th March 2012, 06:45 PM |#231  
Flag Montevideo
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
First, excellent work!. No doubt Tasker is an incredible application especially because save use multiple applications open, performing multiple tasks and of course consuming resources. Again, excellent work!.

I'm testing your profiles and tasks with strictlyrude27 modifications. The %WIFIPREF remains with the SSID of the wifi with which I am connected but with blanks at the beginning and end of SSID, therefore do not match the values ​​placed in the array %WIFILIST, therefore I am never connected to a WIFI known at least, of course, I manually turn on or off the wifi receiver of my phone. For example, if my SSID is wifi1 when WIFIPREFCON task is executes, the variable %WIFIPREF get the value xxwifi1xxxxxxxxxx (the x indicates the blanks I mention), you follow?.

This prevents get the SSID from %WIFILIST and, therefore, not properly run the other profiles or tasks.

Any ideas?, suggestions?. Thanks for your time.

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)