DIY NT Case/Disguise!

Search This thread

Birdsbeaks

Jan 18, 2012
Miami, Florida
Unsatisfied with the various overpriced and under-featured armors available for the NT, I decided to make my own.

I wanted it to be capable of freestanding in either screen orientation, provide screen protection during transportation, give access to all physical buttons/ports without removing from case, be affordable to produce, and NOT LOOK LIKE A FANCY, EXPENSIVE, AND EASILY STOLEN TABLET( i live in miami, fl )!!!

Here's what I came up with:

uploadfromtaptalk1328771006198.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1328771040473.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1328771068504.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1328771099288.jpg

It's cheap, it's functional, and it doesn't attract the attention of would be thieves. Perfect. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Birdsbeaks

Jan 18, 2012
Miami, Florida
Very nice! Can you post some pics of how you access the side buttons?

Certainly. Wish I had something more glamorous than a hole cut through with an x-acto, but thats exactly what it is. Added pics of all ports and buttons as well.

Note: The black stuff that you can see in the pic of the usb port is a piece of that foamy, non-slip shelf liner. It does a fair job of keeping the nook from slipping out of the case, while still allowing it to be easily removable.

Another note: I've made another one of these, with black corrugated plastic instead of cardboard, and black duct tape instead of silver. Looks much more... civilized. Unfortunately, pics will have to wait, as the new one was kidnapped by my father for his nook tablet. :D

uploadfromtaptalk1329083838732.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1329083863717.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1329083890440.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1329083919484.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ckevinwelch

hookedonnook

Nov 2, 2011
Columbia
Great coverup

Unsatisfied with the various overpriced and under-featured armors available for the NT, I decided to make my own.

You sound like me :D... When my kids were younger, they thought I could make anything they needed. Those tablet covers are ridiculously priced and necessity is the mother of invention. Besides, everyone knows duct tape works for everything except ducts :p. Duct tape comes in so many colors and combined with electrical tape...I bet enthusiasts can come up with some nice looking covers (and still have their tabs protected) :)

Psst...way to rub in your CM7. Bet you are enjoying it, I opted to wait and see what issues it would have, but I can't say I'm not salivating over the possibilities :p

Last edited:

Birdsbeaks

Jan 18, 2012
Miami, Florida
Those tablet covers are ridiculously priced and necessity is the mother of invention. Besides, everyone knows duct tape works for everything except ducts...

Psst...way to rub in your CM7. Bet you are enjoying it, I opted to wait and see what issues it would have, but I can't say I'm not salivating over the possibilities :p

Funny, and true. I prefer not to throw money at a problem. I'd much rather throw brains and sweat ( that didn't come out right... :what: ).

I think you made a good decision to wait. I installed cm7 before any of the bugs were discovered. If I'd known, I probably would have held off. I'm experienced with PCs, but quite new to android. I'm salivating as much as everyone else for the upcoming revision.

Reactions: hookedonnook
This is indeed very cool.

I was considering doing something like this but using olive green gaffe tape, 550 card and some black spray paint with a stenciled "n" on it. Kinda like a para-military nook case. Maybe when I get another job (damn you economy, damn you to hell) I'll go get the tape, tape and stencil material. I already have 200 yards of 550 cord and plenty of cardboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I wanted it to be capable of freestanding in either screen orientation, provide screen protection during transportation, give access to all physical buttons/ports without removing from case, be affordable to produce, and NOT LOOK LIKE A FANCY, EXPENSIVE, AND EASILY STOLEN TABLET( i live in miami, fl )!!!

Here's what I came up with:

uploadfromtaptalk1328771006198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328771040473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328771068504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328771099288.jpg

It's cheap, it's functional, and it doesn't attract the attention of would be thieves. Perfect. :)

hahahahahahah now THAT is friggin AWESOME!!! :) start an Amazon store to sell them!! :D :D
    Very nice! Can you post some pics of how you access the side buttons?

Certainly. Wish I had something more glamorous than a hole cut through with an x-acto, but thats exactly what it is. Added pics of all ports and buttons as well.

Note: The black stuff that you can see in the pic of the usb port is a piece of that foamy, non-slip shelf liner. It does a fair job of keeping the nook from slipping out of the case, while still allowing it to be easily removable.

Another note: I've made another one of these, with black corrugated plastic instead of cardboard, and black duct tape instead of silver. Looks much more... civilized. Unfortunately, pics will have to wait, as the new one was kidnapped by my father for his nook tablet. :D

uploadfromtaptalk1329083838732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329083863717.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329083890440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329083919484.jpg

Those tablet covers are ridiculously priced and necessity is the mother of invention. Besides, everyone knows duct tape works for everything except ducts...

Funny, and true. I prefer not to throw money at a problem. I'd much rather throw brains and sweat ( that didn't come out right... :what: ).

I think you made a good decision to wait. I installed cm7 before any of the bugs were discovered. If I'd known, I probably would have held off. I'm experienced with PCs, but quite new to android. I'm salivating as much as everyone else for the upcoming revision.