By Moscow Desire, Retired Senior Moderator on 27th January 2012, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2012, 08:48 PM |#141  
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Unfortunately, Acer didn't put that feature in Honeycomb. Hopefully they do when ICS is released. However, there are apps on the Market, that will give you these features.

Could you tell me the names of the apps. And btw I recall that thors 3.2 rom had this feature. Would be nice to see this in your rom too.

9th February 2012, 09:41 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The name is ATTAPNWidget_1.2.17.odex and ATTAPNWidget_1.2.17.apk, these are the newest ones from the OTA I got, but I copy them to the system/apk folder and reboot and still no widget, but if I run the stock rom and update it works and the version of the update is 3.2, I just like the fact that it reads from my account, and is accurate, thanks to all you all that are helping.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

I have the OTA ROM Untouched I uploaded it to deposite files, the orig and the decryted it has the files in it, I have the files I just cant get them to work, I have copied them to the system/app folder and rebooted and there still not there, it is a widget and its not showing after reboot, here are the links to the OTA that i uploaded, thank you so much.

http://depositfiles.com/files/28gn4o2vv
Acer_A501_0.000.00_4.402.03_PA_ATT_decrypted.zip

http://depositfiles.com/files/bfivukewg
Acer_A501_0.000.00_4.402.03_PA_ATT.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to daddyd21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daddyd21 Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 09:48 PM |#143  
Calgary
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyd21

The name is ATTAPNWidget_1.2.17.odex and ATTAPNWidget_1.2.17.apk, these are the newest ones from the OTA I got, but I copy them to the system/apk folder and reboot and still no widget, but if I run the stock rom and update it works and the version of the update is 3.2, I just like the fact that it reads from my account, and is accurate, thanks to all you all that are helping.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

I have the OTA ROM Untouched I uploaded it to deposite files, the orig and the decryted it has the files in it, I have the files I just cant get them to work, I have copied them to the system/app folder and rebooted and there still not there, it is a widget and its not showing after reboot, here are the links to the OTA that i uploaded, thank you so much.

Dam nice! I was hoping to get a copy of Roger's ota 3.2 as I have the rogers version of the tab (unlocked now...). Maybe I'll try the att one. Do you get the 4g icon when using 4g/3g?

I'll download it and see if I can help.

Hey MD, think you'd be able to root this one? Oh wait as I'm on Alex 3 I'll already be rooted. I know what I'm doing tonight. Lol.

There must be some other files that may need to be installed for it to work. I'll check after I install and see.

Sent via Tapatalk with my Samsung Galaxy Tab p1000 running CyanogenMod 9 (ICS 4.03)
9th February 2012, 10:15 PM |#144  

More
yeah i get the H+ icon, I hope thats what you mean....

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

and if this helps anyone could you please thank me, I Just wanna make sum rep...lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddyd21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daddyd21 Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 10:16 PM |#145  
Calgary

More
Quote:

I wonder if they mean the same thing...
Before i unlocked/rooted/downgrade/upgraded my a501, my friend who is on rogers put his sim card in and got the "4G" icon... He was getting up to 5Mbps.. however me being on rogers i'm only getting 3ish (this is all down).

I was just curious... i'll give it a try tonight and let ya know...

I presume i need to flash the second one (undecrypted one)...

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

and if this helps anyone could you please thank me, I Just wanna make sum rep...lol

Hehe, ditto

And will do.
The Following User Says Thank You to ordio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ordio Ad-Free
9th February 2012, 10:22 PM |#146  

More
i done a speed test and was getting 5 to 6 mbs down, which i thought was great
9th February 2012, 10:44 PM |#147  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 18,539

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What does this widget do, I missed that, please tell.
And probably you need lib file to make it work.
If I got time I will take look at rom you uploaded.
And deodex the app.
what you uploaded iis full rom ?
9th February 2012, 11:03 PM |#148  
Calgary

More
Just tried a half hour ago and was getting 3 down and 3.5 up.

Very odd combination.

Once I try the at&t version ill see if i can help with that APK too.

where did you install the apk?

Sent from my Acer Iconia a501.
9th February 2012, 11:31 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

And , I, did not register it as a complaint..

Glad everything is ok...

EDIT: I was thinking of your camera issue, and seems one of the posters can do this, but it depends like he said, which camera. However, try getting Drive Mount from the market. Plug your camera in, open Drive Mount, and see if you can mount the storage of the camera. Might work. I'll check it later, when I get some free time.

great i will try it as soon as i buy a new cable......somehow between writing the question and now, it has disappeared. lmao. i did figure out that if i put the sd card from the camera in i can copy and paste with file explorer but id rather just be able to plug it in and save the hassle.
10th February 2012, 01:27 AM |#150  

More
Civato i believe it is full from, and as far as the widget, it connects to my data connect pass, and tells me how much data i have used and how much i have left,. Thanks

Sent from my A501 using xda premium
10th February 2012, 01:29 AM |#151  

More
Ordio i installed it in the /system/apps directory

Sent from my A501 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)