SMB/CIFS/NFS Network Shares with CifsManager

Search This thread

succulent

Dec 22, 2010
Hello,

WARNING: Perform at your own risk. This won't brick your Nook Tablet

I've added NFS modules.

I've compiled cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules for CM7 Alpha. They're down in the attachment. Stock modules are also in the attachment.

If you have audio lag while streaming 720p/1080p, it's because of software encoding and didn't add CIFSMaxBufSize=130048 to option. I've tested videos in stock with hardware video decoding and there was no audio lag with HD movies. 1080p videos might have a few stutters. CM7 Alpha/Beta, in my test does not support H/W decoding yet.

I've been using cifs built in to the kernel for a while with CM7 beta, it's better than using modules. I've talked to Celtic, and Gonz will have cifs/tun built into the kernel in later release.

I've tested HW decoding in CM7 and both 720p/1080p struggled. CIFS transfer over wifi is slow and it's suggested that you use NFS.

*UPDATE in CM7: For 720p/1080p MP4 videos, streaming through ES File Explorer is perfectly fine. Through CIFS, the videos stutter. You can try to play around with options like rsize=130048,wsize=4096. 130048 (127x1024) is the max size.

HW Decoding is limited to 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, MKV, WEBM, H.264 (Baseline/Main/High profile) up to 1920x1080, MPEG-4 Simple/Advanced Simple profile up to 1920x1080, & H.263

https://market.android.com/details?id=ws.plattner.cifsmanager
Description
Access your CIFS/NFS network shares with your Android device. (root needed)

Manage your cifs/nfs network shares on your Android device (root access needed). This little app allows you to conveniently mount/unmount your network accessible file resources and access your data transparently via your favourite Android app (playing music / videos, accessing documents etc.).

credit - f3d0r

How to setup cifsmanager,
http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/streaming-epub-books-media-to-nook-color-with-cifsmanager/

In the settings,
path to cifs.ko -> /PATH/slow-work.ko:/PATH/cifs.ko:/PATH/nls_utf8.ko
change “PATH” to the location where you put your *.ko files. I'd recommend putting the modules on your sdcard root. It's much easier to enter the location.

When creating new share,
Options -> iocharset=utf8,directio,CIFSMaxBufSize=130048
*no spaces between comma

If you want your mount point to be on your sdcard,
Mount Point -> /sdcard/PATHNAME
change “PATHNAME” to your desired folder name.

I've attached tun.ko to the attachment. It load via insmod, but not tested.

2w7lfnt.jpg
25i4pkz.png

For NFS modules, you can insmod them or use CIFSManager to load them.

By terminal insmod

Open up terminal

# su *give superuser access
# cd sdcard
# insmod exportfs.ko
# insmod sunrpc.ko
# insmod lockd.ko
# insmod auth_rpcgss.ko
# insmod rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko
# insmod nfs.ko

Alternatively using cifsmanager to load module

path to cifs.ko -> /sdcard/exportfs.ko:/sdcard/sunrpc.ko:/sdcard/lockd.ko:/sdcard/auth_rpcgss.ko:/sdcard/rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko:/sdcard/nfs.ko
change “PATH” to the location where you put your *.ko files. I'd recommend putting the modules on your sdcard root. It's much easier to enter the location.

I don't know if auth_rpcgss.ko and rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko are needed. I've never used NFS before. These modules loaded via insmod, but I can't test them.

-- specify the Share Path as <server>:<path> (e.g. 192.168.1.17:/mnt/Spajz)
-- Username and Password fields are ignored in this case

You can use terminal to mount NFS,
$ su
$ busybox mount -o nolock,ro,hard,intr,vers=3 -t nfs 192.x.x.x:/your/nfs/share /mnt/sdcard/share

cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+.zip <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for CM7 Alpha (NEW)
cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-ge8ff105.zip <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for CM7 Beta (OLD)
cm7_mods_2.6.35.7 <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for stock 1.4x.
nfs-cm7-2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+ <- contains exportfs, sunrpc, auth_rpcgss, rpcsec_gss_krb5, lockd, and nfs modules for CM7 Alpha (NEW)
nfs-cm7-2.6.35.7 <- contains exportfs, sunrpc, auth_rpcgss, rpcsec_gss_krb5, lockd, and nfs modules for stock 1.4x.

Attachments

• cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-ge8ff105.zip
    115.8 KB · Views: 283
  • stock_mods_2.6.35.7.zip
    115.8 KB · Views: 299
  • cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+.zip
    110.5 KB · Views: 273
  • nfs-cm7-2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+.zip
    177.2 KB · Views: 332
  • nfs-stock-2.6.35.7.zip
    177.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

succulent

Dec 22, 2010
How to compile modules (cifs.ko, slow-work.ko, nls_utf8.ko, and tun.ko).

I am assuming you know how to install tools and dependency packages for compiling kernel source.

Toolchain: CodeSourcery compiler version Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202 for ARM GNU/Linux
Build Host OS: Ubuntu 11.10 in Oracle VM Virtualbox
Source: nook_tablet_1-4.tar.gz

My toochain path -> /HOME/arm-2010q1/
My Nook Tablet source path -> /HOME/distro/

In Ubuntu terminal,
> export CROSS_COMPILE=$HOME/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
> export ARCH=arm
> cd $HOME/distro/kernel/android-2.6.35/
> make android_4430BN_defconfig
# Create a .config file
> make
# This can take a while, depending on your processor(s). It will compile your kernel, zImage.
# You can add “-j(cpu+1)”, -j3 or –j5

> cp kernel/slow-work.* fs/cifs
> gedit fs/cifs/slow-work.c
# Change the following two lines of code in slow-work.c and save.
Code:
round_jiffies(jiffies + SLOW_WORK_CULL_TIMEOUT)); 
->
jiffies + SLOW_WORK_CULL_TIMEOUT); 

round_jiffies(jiffies + SLOW_WORK_OOM_TIMEOUT)); 
->
jiffies + SLOW_WORK_OOM_TIMEOUT);
> gedit /fs/cifs/Makefile
# Add slow-work.o
Code:
obj-$(CONFIG_CIFS) += cifs.o slow-work.o
> make menuconfig
Code:
Device Driver -> [*] Network device support -> <M> Universal TUN/AP…
File systems -> [*] Network File Systems - > <M> CIFS support…
File systems -> [*] Network File Systems - > <M> NFS client support…
File systems -> -*- Native language support -> <M> NLS UTF-8
> make modules
# cifs.ko location -> fs/cifs/cifs.ko
# slow-work.ko location -> fs/cifs/slow-work.ko
# nls_utf8.ko location -> fs/nls/nls_utf8.ko
# nfs.ko location -> fs/nfs/nfs.ko
# tun.ko location -> drivers/net/tun.ko

# To reduce modules size, we need Android NDK.
> $HOME/NDKPATH/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip --strip-debug PATH/MODULE.ko
# Manual loading modules
> insmod /PATH/cifs.ko CIFSMaxBufSize=130048 cifs_mic_rcv=1 cifs_max_pending=20 forcedirectio=1
# Manual remove modules
> rmmod MODULENAME *ie rmmod cifs, rmmod slow-work
# View loaded modules
> lsmod

# Modify network throttling in Windows 7
# Open regedit
# HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
# Edit entry “NetworkThrottlingIndex" (default value is 10); set it to FFFFFFFF
# Reboot

# Disable RDC in Windows 7
# Go to “Programs and features” > “Turn Windows features on or off” > Uncheck Remote Differential
Compression

# Loading NFS modules
> insmod /PATH/sunrpc.ko
> insmod /PATH/lockd.ko
> insmod /PATH/nfs_acl.ko
> insmod /PATH/nfs.ko
> busybox mount -t nfs -o nolock,ro,hard,intr,tcp,vers=3,rsize=32768 IP:/SHAREPATH /MOUNTPATH

Source credits,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=837170

Last edited:

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks a ton for this!!! It works great.

However, I have trouble unmounting... Is there a trick to doing this? It says that it is unable to...

Also, how does the mounting work after your device goes to sleep? Does everything connect as it should?

succulent

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks a ton for this!!! It works great.

However, I have trouble unmounting... Is there a trick to doing this? It says that it is unable to...

Also, how does the mounting work after your device goes to sleep? Does everything connect as it should?

Hey,

Un-mounting work when the file from the share is no longer access. If the file is still being used, it will not un-mount, so you have close the app you're using. I do have problem un-mounting when viewing image with PerfectViewer. For some reason the image is still being used even if you close the app but I've had that problem even with NC. To un-mount, just press menu and un-mount all or long press on the share you want to un-mount.

When your NT sleeps, the Wi-Fi get disabled. It will reconnect once Wi-Fi get reestablish.

Everything work, I can stream videos, books, images, apps, musics. etc..

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
OnePlus 7 Pro
Fantastic. I was able to get it to unmount after rebooting (after mounting again after boot). I must have had an app that was stubborn.

I'm surprised that more people aren't interested in this app. I guess they don't understand what they can do with it?

:)

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Omg I just realized about this, im interested in the tun.ko. module so I can set up a vpn ill test tomorrow. Can someone confirm is working?

Edit1: I confirm that the .ko files work with cifsmanager flawlesly :D, testing tun.ko now first with DroidVPN and OpenVPN after, will report back.
Edit2: tun.ko WORKS!!! woohoo, eather if i put it in /sdcard/modules/ or /system/lib/modules/ works and cifsmanager does the job loading all the .ko files via insmod ;). Tested with DroidVPN and im using Pandora right now.

~ Veronica

Sent from XDA premium using my Nook Tablet :p

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Ok im all setup via LAN for stream my media succesfully but now i want to stream my media anywhere with a wireless connection (WAN).
I have been doing my research for 2 days and so far i have tried setting up a FTP filezilla server with a no-ip host ip on windows pc but it doesn't work neather with cifsmanager nor ES file explorer FTP tab, vpn is not a go for me because stream videos can be choppy, anyway what i want is to find a reliable way to do this at list for music and videos, i have been searching but all i find is how to do it "local" which i already have setup and running. So big question here is does anybody know a reliable way to reach this - Windows to Android media streaming?

~ Veronica

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
OnePlus 7 Pro
Choppy is a generic term. The video player could cause it to play choppy (VPlayer is choppy for me, while MX Player is smooth).

Unfortunately there are a LOT of variables that will affect the performance. The VPN itself shouldn't really have an impact on how smooth the video plays (at least not on the tablet). The issue is most likely related to your internet connection and the software you are using to stream the video.

We would need a lot more details to determine what is going on, and you should probably create a new thread for this question.

Ok im all setup via LAN for stream my media succesfully but now i want to stream my media anywhere with a wireless connection (WAN).
I have been doing my research for 2 days and so far i have tried setting up a FTP filezilla server with a no-ip host ip on windows pc but it doesn't work neather with cifsmanager nor ES file explorer FTP tab, vpn is not a go for me because stream videos can be choppy, anyway what i want is to find a reliable way to do this at list for music and videos, i have been searching but all i find is how to do it "local" which i already have setup and running. So big question here is does anybody know a reliable way to reach this - Windows to Android media streaming?

~ Veronica

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Choppy is a generic term. The video player could cause it to play choppy (VPlayer is choppy for me, while MX Player is smooth).

Unfortunately there are a LOT of variables that will affect the performance. The VPN itself shouldn't really have an impact on how smooth the video plays (at least not on the tablet). The issue is most likely related to your internet connection and the software you are using to stream the video.

We would need a lot more details to determine what is going on, and you should probably create a new thread for this question.

Thanks but your answer does not help my question is explicit, anyways im going to try with VLC and report back, i know in the end i will figure it out. I could probably make a tutorial once i figure it out if anyone is interested.

~ Veronica

Reactions: LiuAnshan

slgooding

Oct 6, 2011
West Lafayette
OnePlus 7 Pro
Have you looked into NeoRouter? It's sort of like a vpn (like Hamachi) and may have less overhead than the VPN you tried. I have it running on my windows machine along with my android devices.

succulent

Dec 22, 2010
I've compiled cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules for CM7, they're down in the attachment. Stock modules are also in the attachment. I've deleted the download links. :p

I might try to reduce the modules size and merge them all together, if I can do it.

tgraves

Jun 15, 2010
Los Altos, CA

~ Veronica
I'm running a filezilla server and am able to stream both music and video through ES File Manager while tethered to my Thunderbolt. Are you able to connect at all to your ftp server?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm running a filezilla server and am able to stream both music and video through ES File Manager while tethered to my Thunderbolt. Are you able to connect at all to your ftp server?

Uhmmm which OS? This filezilla server does not work right in my windows 7 x64bits, first try to loging with an anonymous user which I haven't created and takes its time, then login with the user I have setup in first place to finally disconnect so pfff I have spent an entired day troubleshooting it, I just decided not to waste more time with it. Also what version do you have?. I got it working witth VLC but I would prefer to be able to stream all my data not only music and videos.

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I've compiled cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules for CM7, they're down in the attachment. Stock modules are also in the attachment. I've deleted the download links. :p

I might try to reduce the modules size and merge them all together, if I can do it.

Awesome, you the man. Ill update my tutorial tomorrow, ehrm meant later its almost 3am here lol.

~ Veronica

Last edited:

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm on windows 7 x64, using FileZilla 0.9.37 beta. Also have my IP address updater through DynDNS. I like to keep my home PC sleeping when not in use, so I use ProWol to wake it up prior to accessing. It works like a charm on the NT. This may help in setting up the server.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/17663-ftp-server-set-up-your-computer.html

ahahah finally got it working thanks, the version of filezilla server was the guilty here as i had the latest one 0.9.40 :mad:, downloaded the version you have and its working now.

~ Veronica

tgraves

Jun 15, 2010
Los Altos, CA
ahahah finally got it working thanks, the version of filezilla server was the guilty here as i had the latest one 0.9.40 :mad:, downloaded the version you have and its working now.

~ Veronica
Glad it's working. One thing to keep an eye on is the activity log. I found that when I kept the server running all day, I'd like see a few times a week, hackers trying to break into my server.. They couldn't get past the account name and password, but was disconcerting having these guys trying to get through. I now have my server set up to lock out any IP address after 5 failed to attempts for a few hours. Then they snoop on someone else's server. Now I have have WOL set up and running can wake it remotely and I have my pc set to sleep after 10 minutes. I don't need to keep my home pc on and running.

It took some doing to get my router set up to allow WOL over the Internet, but it is worth the fiddling around to get it set up. I'll share some pointers if you are interested in getting WOL set up and running.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Glad it's working. One thing to keep an eye on is the activity log. I found that when I kept the server running all day, I'd like see a few times a week, hackers trying to break into my server.. They couldn't get past the account name and password, but was disconcerting having these guys trying to get through. I now have my server set up to lock out any IP address after 5 failed to attempts for a few hours. Then they snoop on someone else's server. Now I have have WOL set up and running can wake it remotely and I have my pc set to sleep after 10 minutes. I don't need to keep my home pc on and running.

It took some doing to get my router set up to allow WOL over the Internet, but it is worth the fiddling around to get it set up. I'll share some pointers if you are interested in getting WOL set up and running.

Yes i did set it up to auto-ban any ip address but after 10 attempts (the min in filezilla server) and for 48 hours. Yeah i had to setup my router , i opened ports 7 n 9 udp/tcp and also enabled the WOL feature in the BIOS of my desktop-server :p, after that worked perfectly but im using WOL Wake On Lan app it has more options.

~ Veronica

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

WARNING: Perform at your own risk. This won't brick your Nook Tablet

I've added NFS modules.

I've compiled cifs, nls_utf8, slow-work, and tun modules for CM7 Alpha. They're down in the attachment. Stock modules are also in the attachment.

If you have audio lag while streaming 720p/1080p, it's because of software encoding and didn't add CIFSMaxBufSize=130048 to option. I've tested videos in stock with hardware video decoding and there was no audio lag with HD movies. 1080p videos might have a few stutters. CM7 Alpha/Beta, in my test does not support H/W decoding yet.

I've been using cifs built in to the kernel for a while with CM7 beta, it's better than using modules. I've talked to Celtic, and Gonz will have cifs/tun built into the kernel in later release.

I've tested HW decoding in CM7 and both 720p/1080p struggled. CIFS transfer over wifi is slow and it's suggested that you use NFS.

*UPDATE in CM7: For 720p/1080p MP4 videos, streaming through ES File Explorer is perfectly fine. Through CIFS, the videos stutter. You can try to play around with options like rsize=130048,wsize=4096. 130048 (127x1024) is the max size.

HW Decoding is limited to 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, MKV, WEBM, H.264 (Baseline/Main/High profile) up to 1920x1080, MPEG-4 Simple/Advanced Simple profile up to 1920x1080, & H.263

https://market.android.com/details?id=ws.plattner.cifsmanager
    Description
    Access your CIFS/NFS network shares with your Android device. (root needed)

Manage your cifs/nfs network shares on your Android device (root access needed). This little app allows you to conveniently mount/unmount your network accessible file resources and access your data transparently via your favourite Android app (playing music / videos, accessing documents etc.).

credit - f3d0r

How to setup cifsmanager,
    http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2010/12/27/streaming-epub-books-media-to-nook-color-with-cifsmanager/

In the settings,
    path to cifs.ko -> /PATH/slow-work.ko:/PATH/cifs.ko:/PATH/nls_utf8.ko

When creating new share,
    Options -> iocharset=utf8,directio,CIFSMaxBufSize=130048
    *no spaces between comma

If you want your mount point to be on your sdcard,
    Mount Point -> /sdcard/PATHNAME
    change “PATHNAME” to your desired folder name.

I've attached tun.ko to the attachment. It load via insmod, but not tested.

2w7lfnt.jpg
    25i4pkz.png

For NFS modules, you can insmod them or use CIFSManager to load them.

By terminal insmod

Open up terminal

# su *give superuser access
    # cd sdcard
    # insmod exportfs.ko
    # insmod sunrpc.ko
    # insmod lockd.ko
    # insmod auth_rpcgss.ko
    # insmod rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko
    # insmod nfs.ko

Alternatively using cifsmanager to load module

path to cifs.ko -> /sdcard/exportfs.ko:/sdcard/sunrpc.ko:/sdcard/lockd.ko:/sdcard/auth_rpcgss.ko:/sdcard/rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko:/sdcard/nfs.ko

I don't know if auth_rpcgss.ko and rpcsec_gss_krb5.ko are needed. I've never used NFS before. These modules loaded via insmod, but I can't test them.

-- specify the Share Path as <server>:<path> (e.g. 192.168.1.17:/mnt/Spajz)
    -- Username and Password fields are ignored in this case

You can use terminal to mount NFS,
    $ su
    $ busybox mount -o nolock,ro,hard,intr,vers=3 -t nfs 192.x.x.x:/your/nfs/share /mnt/sdcard/share

cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+.zip <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for CM7 Alpha (NEW)
    cm7_mods_2.6.35.7-ge8ff105.zip <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for CM7 Beta (OLD)
    cm7_mods_2.6.35.7 <- contains cifs, nls_utf8, tun, and slow-work modules for stock 1.4x.
    nfs-cm7-2.6.35.7-TEAM-B+ <- contains exportfs, sunrpc, auth_rpcgss, rpcsec_gss_krb5, lockd, and nfs modules for CM7 Alpha (NEW)
    nfs-cm7-2.6.35.7 <- contains exportfs, sunrpc, auth_rpcgss, rpcsec_gss_krb5, lockd, and nfs modules for stock 1.4x.
    How to compile modules (cifs.ko, slow-work.ko, nls_utf8.ko, and tun.ko).

I am assuming you know how to install tools and dependency packages for compiling kernel source.

Toolchain: CodeSourcery compiler version Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-202 for ARM GNU/Linux
    Build Host OS: Ubuntu 11.10 in Oracle VM Virtualbox
    Source: nook_tablet_1-4.tar.gz

My toochain path -> /HOME/arm-2010q1/
    My Nook Tablet source path -> /HOME/distro/

In Ubuntu terminal,
    > export CROSS_COMPILE=$HOME/arm-2010q1/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-
    > export ARCH=arm
    > cd $HOME/distro/kernel/android-2.6.35/
    > make android_4430BN_defconfig
    # Create a .config file
    > make
    # This can take a while, depending on your processor(s). It will compile your kernel, zImage.
    # You can add “-j(cpu+1)”, -j3 or –j5

> cp kernel/slow-work.* fs/cifs
    > gedit fs/cifs/slow-work.c
    # Change the following two lines of code in slow-work.c and save.
    Code:
    round_jiffies(jiffies + SLOW_WORK_CULL_TIMEOUT)); 
    ->
    jiffies + SLOW_WORK_CULL_TIMEOUT); 

round_jiffies(jiffies + SLOW_WORK_OOM_TIMEOUT)); 
    ->
    jiffies + SLOW_WORK_OOM_TIMEOUT);
    > gedit /fs/cifs/Makefile
    # Add slow-work.o
    Code:
    obj-$(CONFIG_CIFS) += cifs.o slow-work.o
    > make menuconfig
    Code:
    Device Driver -> [*] Network device support -> <M> Universal TUN/AP…
    File systems -> [*] Network File Systems - > <M> CIFS support…
    File systems -> [*] Network File Systems - > <M> NFS client support…
    File systems -> -*- Native language support -> <M> NLS UTF-8
    > make modules
    # cifs.ko location -> fs/cifs/cifs.ko
    # slow-work.ko location -> fs/cifs/slow-work.ko
    # nls_utf8.ko location -> fs/nls/nls_utf8.ko
    # nfs.ko location -> fs/nfs/nfs.ko
    # tun.ko location -> drivers/net/tun.ko

# To reduce modules size, we need Android NDK.
    > $HOME/NDKPATH/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-strip --strip-debug PATH/MODULE.ko
    # Manual loading modules
    > insmod /PATH/cifs.ko CIFSMaxBufSize=130048 cifs_mic_rcv=1 cifs_max_pending=20 forcedirectio=1
    # Manual remove modules
    > rmmod MODULENAME *ie rmmod cifs, rmmod slow-work
    # View loaded modules
    > lsmod

# Modify network throttling in Windows 7
    # Open regedit
    # HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
    # Edit entry “NetworkThrottlingIndex" (default value is 10); set it to FFFFFFFF
    # Reboot

# Disable RDC in Windows 7
    # Go to “Programs and features” > “Turn Windows features on or off” > Uncheck Remote Differential
    Compression

# Loading NFS modules
    > insmod /PATH/sunrpc.ko
    > insmod /PATH/lockd.ko
    > insmod /PATH/nfs_acl.ko
    > insmod /PATH/nfs.ko
    > busybox mount -t nfs -o nolock,ro,hard,intr,tcp,vers=3,rsize=32768 IP:/SHAREPATH /MOUNTPATH

Source credits,
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=837170
    Added cifs/tun modules support for CM7 alpha. Hopefully TEAM-B+ stop changing the kernel version or have cifs/tun built into the kernel in their next release.

I'm on windows 7 x64, using FileZilla 0.9.37 beta. Also have my IP address updater through DynDNS. I like to keep my home PC sleeping when not in use, so I use ProWol to wake it up prior to accessing. It works like a charm on the NT. This may help in setting up the server.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/17663-ftp-server-set-up-your-computer.html