FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Exporting Blacklisted Contacts and Messages ?

687 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By pathaniya, Senior Member on 9th February 2012, 05:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Am sure there is NO clearly stated post regarding my question, the closest is here, though unanswered. Am posting it here again so that it gets more eyes and possibly correct answer, rather than just one Forum i.e. HD2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=blacklist

How to export the blacklististed calls and messages? So that I can import them into my successive ROMs. Am on MIUI rom. Or for that matter any other rom too, e.g. AOSP, Cyanogen, is there a way to export the listings?

Please help.

9th February 2012, 05:41 PM |#2  
Retired Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Flag Blackpool UK
Thanks Meter: 1,585

Donate to Me
More
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions &
Read the Forum Rules Ref Posting

Moving to Q&A
The Following User Says Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lufc Ad-Free
10th February 2012, 04:47 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Seriously? No one knows the answer?
10th February 2012, 09:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
On my SGS2 I had the same problem and never found a way to export the blacklist, so I just took the phones data from a nandroid backup and restored it onto my new rom.

I used appextractor from the market to restore the data. Although I was not sure which specific app had the list, so I restored any data that may be relevant ie. phone, dialer etc. It required a reboot after until the list returned.
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowofdarkness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shadowofdarkness Ad-Free
11th February 2012, 09:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowofdarkness

On my SGS2 I had the same problem and never found a way to export the blacklist, so I just took the phones data from a nandroid backup and restored it onto my new rom.

I used appextractor from the market to restore the data. Although I was not sure which specific app had the list, so I restored any data that may be relevant ie. phone, dialer etc. It required a reboot after until the list returned.

Sounds quite inconvenient, am sure developers are aware of this and perhaps working on it.

Thanks again.
11th February 2012, 10:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathaniya

Sounds quite inconvenient, am sure developers are aware of this and perhaps working on it.

Thanks again.

It wouldn't be hard, so if one wanted to do it it would be done fast. They would just have to dump the entries from whatever database they are stored in, then inject it in the next rom like any app that backs up call logs or sms.
11th February 2012, 07:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
That's really encouraging, i appreciate, if need be, I'll surely try that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)