Seidio Extended Battery (3500) vs HTC Extended Battery (2150) Comparison

Search This thread

Mr Lime v2

Mar 21, 2011
North San Diego County
Having purchased both batteries I figured I would share with all of you the pros and cons of each battery. Firstly let me explain my situation. I purchased the HTC extended battery because I had a Seidio extended battery for my DInc1, so I couldn't stand the smaller battery on my DInc2. (Seidio had not released the DInc2 version yet.)

The HTC battery is obviously bigger and better than the stock battery that comes with the phone. It can last me all day with heavy use or at least two on light use. No complaints whatsoever other than when I place the phone on its back it muffles the speaker a little bit but it is bearable. I figured that since the Seidio battery was only a few dollars more but had 1350 mah more juice in it, that it was a worth it to sell my HTC battery and get the Seidio one.

I received my Seidio battery from a reputable website (don't know if I'm allowed to list it here on XDA or not) and at first everything seemed fine and dandy. Then I noticed my $70 brand new battery came packed with a chip in the paint on the outside of my battery door. It pissed me off but I figured it wasn't worth the hastle of sending it back. I immediately noticed it was no better than my HTC battery, but I figured I had to break it in.

I quickly realized the reason my battery wasn't working so well in that the signal connections in the battery door were not connecting to the phone antenna resulting in dropped calls, low signal, SMS messages not sending/receiving, etc. The result of this is that due to the phone always having a bad signal, the battery life would last shorter than the original stock battery that came with the phone itself. IMHO, for dishing out $70 for this battery, it should have blown my mind but I was sorely disappointed by the quality of this battery. I hope to say I got a lemon, but the physical imperfection in the outside of the door plus the awful signal quality was not worth it.

Long story short, get the HTC extended battery over the Seidio battery.

I took screenshots comparing the battery life/signal strength on my phone, and I will update with those as I'm typing this from my iPad.

Anyone else have a similar or different experience?

[/end rant]

vrgelinas

Nov 28, 2011
Enfield, NH
Looks like I'm going to be ordering the HTC version, then, if Seido has that kind of QC trouble with their battery doors....

Once I order it in a few weeks, I'll try to update my post (if I remember) with how the HTC battery runs with the ICS alpha that I'm testing.

seejoshplay

Jun 15, 2011
Washington, DC
I got the extended battery free from verizon, call them up and say stock battery is not cutting it.

However, I got the Hyperion case, which is super loose fitting. However, at least it is something. If anyone knows about a good case for the HTC extended battery, that would be Rad.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

memert

May 20, 2010
Houston, tx
I called them and they told me short battery life was normal. They said 6 hours is good for the phone. Lol. Will try again tomorrow.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

zax10

Nov 8, 2010
Inman
I called them and they told me short battery life was normal. They said 6 hours is good for the phone. Lol. Will try again tomorrow.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

You should call back for sure. I have never been told by a customer service rep 6 hours is normal. Even on 4g they talk up battery life. On average I talk to customer service 5 or more times a day.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
LOL. Yeah, when my mom got her Charge (this was before all the new awesome 4G phones), I was telling her how the battery will blow, but you get 4G, which she was fine with, and the rep said "no, they are all about the same for battery." It took willpower not to yell at him and explain that that makes zero sense.

Oct 1, 2008
I got the extended battery free from verizon, call them up and say stock battery is not cutting it.
This works??

I just wanted to chime in here... Since I read that on here, figured I'd give it a try.

I called up on Wednesday evening and complained about my battery life sucking after the updates. Rep understood that I'm technically inclined, but still made me reset the phone to factory settings before sending out a battery. Not sure if they can tell (maybe they see when it calls up to activate?), but whatever, no big deal.

Then he sends out the batteries (one for mine and one for my wife's) with next day FedEx. Pretty decent service, if you ask me.

I just got them today, and he sent me the standard (1450mAh) battery. So I guess I'll just carry 2 batteries all the time? :confused:

When he does his follow up call on Monday, I'll ask him about it.

Oh, and a buddy of mine just picked up the RAZR MAXX and said it lasts for a few days with normal usage (there's no 4G here, so I'm sure it doesn't last as long in 4G areas).

Last edited:

memert

May 20, 2010
Houston, tx
Decided to go ahead and buy the HTC extended battery and must say I am very pleased with how much longer my battery now lasts.

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
I called Verizon and told them that I had problems with my current battery. The representative said that they can't just send me an extended battery it will cost $50. And then she told me she could send me a standard battery and I said okay. So I guess I will now just have two batteries.

I called Verizon and told them that I had problems with my current battery. The representative said that they can't just send me an extended battery it will cost $50. And then she told me she could send me a standard battery and I said okay. So I guess I will now just have two batteries.

Got mine from amazon for $18

Sent From My Mikrunny'd Superphone Using Magic (TapaTalk 2 Beta 4)

bsmitty83

Apr 22, 2012
Detroit
I just got htc extended battery and its holding up good been on bluetooth and spotify all day and I still got decent life. I'm running tsw bullet rom oc'd right now

Sent from my VivoW using xda premium

seejoshplay

Jun 15, 2011
Washington, DC
Hey, there are now three options for extended batter bumpers if you use the OEM battery. Check out HTCpedia.

I got the hard rubber one, the tpu one did not come in black. There is also silicone.

Reactions: TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Has anyone with the OEM extended battery had ANY issues with gps lock or cell signal? What are the contacts made out of?
I bought the Seidio/generic version and the battery is decent (not great) but the antenna sucks. It is thinly painted gold colored with no brass/copper whatsoever.

Has anyone with the OEM extended battery had ANY issues with gps lock or cell signal? What are the contacts made out of?
I bought the Seidio/generic version and the battery is decent (not great) but the antenna sucks. It is thinly painted gold colored with no brass/copper whatsoever.

The ones on the OEM version are metal. And I haven't had any trouble with it at all.

43e98fda-e829-e106.jpg
43e98fda-e834-936f.jpg
43e98fda-e83f-236a.jpg

Just to show its OEM.
43e98fda-e848-f22f.jpg

Swyped From My Incredible 2 Superphone Using TapaTalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAtheistReverend

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, there are now three options for extended batter bumpers if you use the OEM battery. Check out HTCpedia.

I got the hard rubber one, the tpu one did not come in black. There is also silicone.

The ones on the OEM version are metal. And I haven't had any trouble with it at all.

43e98fda-e829-e106.jpg
    43e98fda-e834-936f.jpg
    43e98fda-e83f-236a.jpg

Just to show its OEM.
    43e98fda-e848-f22f.jpg

Oh that's what the extended battery cover looks like

Yessir. I'm rocking it today. Yesterday I was rolling with the stock battery and my otterbox

I just ordered my extended battery off amazon for $18 and it comes with the battery door. Idk what I'm going to do with my defender now :(

Save it and use it when you want lol that's what I did. And I got the same deal. Well worth it

So now that you've had your extended battery for a while; how are you liking it? how much use time are you getting now? (like screen on time or talk time) been thinking about the 3500 mah but don't want the antenna issues, this one here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...94031?ie=UTF8&m=A2HHHOB2KCJOTT&n=&s=&v=glance says it's a 2750 mah looks to be oem cover but no view of inside cover to see antenna, stock cover that came with phone is the painted on type so I don't know Irealy like the fact that the one you got is actually a metal one, Thanks for your input

Still loving it. Great life. With super heavy use, like not putting my phone down much at all throughout the day, I get a full day. If I'm moderately using it, I can get a couple days easy. It does double the size of the phone, but I think its well worth it.

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk 2