411 posts
Thanks Meter: 602

By Vashypooh, Senior Member on 19th December 2011, 07:01 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th February 2012, 09:56 PM |#911  
Flag Bethlehem, Pa
Thanks Meter: 41

More
used the utility to install root SU and market. Thank your very much for this. Only problem is I can't install TWRP. I dowloaded the link on the first page of this thread and put it in the Recovery folder as stated. Just want to know if I have to delete the "recovery" image that was already in the folder and replace with the new one or can I leave both? Thanks again.

11th February 2012, 10:14 PM |#912  
Thanks Meter: 4,498

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P8ntBal1551

I tried to make a menu option that installs intersectRaven's Kernel.

I don't think there is any need for KFU to flash intersectRaven's kernel. His latest kernels are provided as update zips and can easily (and safely) be flashed in TWRP or CWM recovery.
11th February 2012, 10:41 PM |#913  
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGiK915

used the utility to install root SU and market. Thank your very much for this. Only problem is I can't install TWRP. I dowloaded the link on the first page of this thread and put it in the Recovery folder as stated. Just want to know if I have to delete the "recovery" image that was already in the folder and replace with the new one or can I leave both? Thanks again.

you will have to rename the new file to the same name as the old one and overwrite
The Following User Says Thank You to b63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b63 Ad-Free
12th February 2012, 03:16 AM |#914  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, I rooted my Kindle Fire using KFU then I installed FireFireFire. After this, I attempted to install TWRP Recovery using KFU and that's where I ran into a problem. I got up to a point where it said "Selecting Normal Bootmode" followed by "please wait..." The prompt above this told me that I should attempt to install the drivers using install_drivers.bat. However, when I attempted to do so, I got an error of:
Driver name Status
Google, Inc. (WinUSB).. Install failed (Unsigned)

I've looked around for hours, using many different techniques to fix this and finally decided it was time to post here. If I plug in my Kindle Fire to my computer, I hear three beeps and the device is not recognized.

My OS is Windows XP.
The Following User Says Thank You to BllgpapaG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BllgpapaG Ad-Free
12th February 2012, 05:03 AM |#915  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescreensavers

Installing TWRP..

Activating FastBoot...

The Kindle has been told to reboot in Fastboot mode

cannot load 'recovery\recovery.img

Now the kindle is on its boot logo, Android adb interface is still showing up in Device manager.

But the kindle is hanging on its boot screen, what should I do

Edit: all fixed, used 0.9.1

This!!!!!

Someone should remove 0.9.3. I thought I bricked my Fire. Had to reboot my computer. Then use 0.9.1 and all is well.
12th February 2012, 12:01 PM |#916  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BllgpapaG

Hi, I rooted my Kindle Fire using KFU then I installed FireFireFire. After this, I attempted to install TWRP Recovery using KFU and that's where I ran into a problem. I got up to a point where it said "Selecting Normal Bootmode" followed by "please wait..." The prompt above this told me that I should attempt to install the drivers using install_drivers.bat. However, when I attempted to do so, I got an error of:
Driver name Status
Google, Inc. (WinUSB).. Install failed (Unsigned)

I've looked around for hours, using many different techniques to fix this and finally decided it was time to post here. If I plug in my Kindle Fire to my computer, I hear three beeps and the device is not recognized.

My OS is Windows XP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...76&postcount=6
12th February 2012, 05:16 PM |#917  
Flag Bethlehem, Pa
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Having the same problem. Keeps hanging at fire logo while trying to install twrp. Gonna try 0.9.1 and c if that works. Thanks.
12th February 2012, 06:01 PM |#918  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Is there a guide on this thread on what steps have to be followed to get from a brand new stock KF, to a CM7 rommed KF - without risks of brick or doing something wrong, or in the wrong order?
12th February 2012, 08:28 PM |#919  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
can i use this to replace cmw recovery with twrp?
12th February 2012, 10:01 PM |#920  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGiK915

Having the same problem. Keeps hanging at fire logo while trying to install twrp. Gonna try 0.9.1 and c if that works. Thanks.

the hangs are at all versions ! -> from the op (first site):
Quote:

Known Tricks

•If you end up stuck at the yellow triangle, in KF Utility select Boot Normal, wait for it to say <waiting for device> and then press and hold the power button 20 seconds until the fire turns off, then when its off turn it back on. This sometimes happens, I have yet to find a clean solution
•If you end up stuck with a yellow triangle, do not EVER unplug it. Leave it plugged in. Check the windows drivers to make sure it isnt showing as "kindle" again. Fastboot is different and can cause this.

and:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=506

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy7

can i use this to replace cmw recovery with twrp?

yes you can
13th February 2012, 06:41 AM |#921  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 39

More
You are the man
Nice job on the tool sir, it's truly excellent!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootmode, debrick, drivers, kindle, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread