[XOOM2/XYBOARD] Motorola Xoom 2/Xyboard Latest OTA News

Search This thread

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
This thread is for discussion about OTA's on the XOOM 2. If you have received a new OTA, found new information about an upcoming OTA or having issues then post on this thread.

Attachments

• device-2012-02-07-200550.jpg
    device-2012-02-07-200550.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4,893
Last edited:

Elysian893

Jan 27, 2010
If only it was hitting the Xyboard already :( I've noticed WiFi issues, even when I'm right next to the router.

Homestar1217

Jun 12, 2010
DFW Texas
Hopefully the Xyboard isn't using the same wireless radio as my Xoom FE. If it is then good luck, my wifi speeds suck and I usually sit withing 20 feet of the router.

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
I haven't received any update yet. Is there any way to manual install the update?

Sent from my XOOM 2 ME using Tapatalk

Reactions: trigun77

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
Still no update yet for my xyboard... I hit the system update button like every five seconds lol

Sent from my Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 with Verizon 4G LTE

Vanpeebles

Dec 6, 2011
Nothing yet on my xoom 2 here in the UK. Anyone had an update in the UK?

Sent from my XOOM 2 using Tapatalk

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
Almost all but given up on getting a Xyboard 8.2 b/c of lack of ....ANYTHING...development, updates, ICS...etc. But I just read on the XoomForums that they are very very close to root for the Xyboard. Then I would imagine something like bootstrap or safestrap would work to install custom ROMS.

LuckyDip23

Dec 7, 2011
OK just been onto Moto tech support and they dont plan to release the honeycomb update to all devices :

fooked over yet again. well done moto.

Code:
MOTO: Ok, can you please specify what is happening when you try to update. You connect to the Wi-Fi, then you go to Settings  > About tablet > System update ... any error messages, what is the alert message?
ME : i just get the message "your device is up to date.  No update is necessary at thsi time"
MOTO: Ok, let me check with our technical team regarding update. I'll be in a minute.
ME : im running android 3.2, build number 1.6.0_218.3-MX615
ME : from what ive read on teh forums it seems as thoguh anyone with a 1.6.0_218 build hasnt recieved the update
MOTO: that means that you particular XOOM 2 is up to date. If there was a small update for specific devices for 3.2.2 (x.x. 2 ) version  - that means this update fixes some issues or problems for those devices. If your device is not receiving update automatically - that means there is no update for your particular Xoom2
ME: the only thing is the issues that this update fixes ARE relevent on these tablets
ME:  http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/GB-EN/TABLETS/MZ615/Blur_Version_0.268.4-MZ615-Retail-EU.en-GB.html
ME: i.e. its fixed rendering problems in teh browser / appstore and several other bits
ME :  http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22338528
ME : is there any chance i get get hold  of the update and isntall it manually
MOTO: I've checked with our technical team and at the moment this particular built number - doesn't need an update.

Last edited:

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ?

By the way motorola schedule to begin rolling out ics in q3 for Xoom 2 and this is unacceptable ... :mad:

lucasarran

Jan 29, 2011
i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ?

By the way motorola schedule to begin rolling out ics in q3 for Xoom 2 and this is unacceptable ... :mad:
I find it unacceptable too! We were promised an update within 6 weeks of release, but now we have to wait for Q3 when the RAZR is receiving the update in Q2 seems quite unfair.

big ach

Sep 14, 2006
Florida!
OK just been onto Moto tech support and they dont plan to release the honeycomb update to all devices :

fooked over yet again. well done moto.

MOTO: Ok, can you please specify what is happening when you try to update. You connect to the Wi-Fi, then you go to Settings > About tablet > System update ... any error messages, what is the alert message?
ME : i just get the message "your device is up to date. No update is necessary at thsi time"
MOTO: Ok, let me check with our technical team regarding update. I'll be in a minute.
ME : im running android 3.2, build number 1.6.0_218.3-MX615
ME : from what ive read on teh forums it seems as thoguh anyone with a 1.6.0_218 build hasnt recieved the update
MOTO: that means that you particular XOOM 2 is up to date. If there was a small update for specific devices for 3.2.2 (x.x. 2 ) version - that means this update fixes some issues or problems for those devices. If your device is not receiving update automatically - that means there is no update for your particular Xoom2
ME: the only thing is the issues that this update fixes ARE relevent on these tablets
ME: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...ur_Version_0.268.4-MZ615-Retail-EU.en-GB.html
ME: i.e. its fixed rendering problems in teh browser / appstore and several other bits
ME : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22338528
ME : is there any chance i get get hold of the update and isntall it manually
MOTO: I've checked with our technical team and at the moment this particular built number - doesn't need an update.

Man, thats some bs, I'm on 16.0M-218.14-MZ617 and I haven't gotten the update so I guess I'm not one of the chosen ones, but my tablet definitely has some of the problems addressed by the update!

Sent from my Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 with Verizon 4G LTE

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
i still haven't received the update . Does any one knows a way to forced my tablet receive it ? Maybe through android recovery ?

Noneus

Jul 12, 2009
I just got my Xoom 2. I have Android 3.2.2 and Build-number: 1.6.0_268.6-MZ616

Is this the current version? My Tablet say's, that no updates are required.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, it is BR version OTA update file for mz607. I uploading file now and when finished I send the link.

For update use this instrutions extracted from other post:

Upload in "bayfiles dot com" with path "file/q5dR/Lyhha2/BV.MZ607.tar" and md5 is 42ce73c05411d33f9a89eb6f664998a6

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Upload in "bayfiles dot com" with path "file/q5dR/Lyhha2/BV.MZ607.tar" and md5 is 42ce73c05411d33f9a89eb6f664998a6

Only one information, both files .zip and .crc are inside of BV.MZ607.tar. ;)
    Update news for UK Xoom 2 owners.

Dear Mr.Arran,

Thank you for contacting Motorola.

The ICS software update for XOOM2i is now being release for UK market. If you are still not able to update your software to ICS, you will get a notification with the update shortly. We would like to apologize for the delay.
    Italy mz 616 tim 3g+ wifi still waiting :(
    It isnt BR ? Plz, share the link for us.

Yes, it is BR version OTA update file for mz607. I uploading file now and when finished I send the link.

For update use this instrutions extracted from other post:

Boot in to recovery (hold volume +, volume - and power) use volume - to highlight recovery, volume + to select it.....when Android triangle appears, press both Volume + and Volume -. Install .zip from sdcard, choose external sdcard, choose the zip you copied to your external sdcard and press power to select it.
    Whoever has MZ608 RETAIL (retail is not Vivo, Tim, Claro, retail, like, the version uploaded in droid-developers: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/xoom2/list.php, 1.6.0M-272.12_MZ608_p2HW_BlurRegion02_CFC1FF_fastboot_signed_latam.xml.zip), a friend from a Google Groups list has received the OTA and after I bugged him to get the OTA file (as he was not able to apply the update initially, it was failing), he uploaded it to Google Drive:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1j_akDAebUUNk4wSTNwcXlTTkU/edit

So, compliments to Sergio Gamero for sharing the OTA for MZ608 retail.

Also, while we tried to find out why his update was failing, it was due to the MD5 of one of the APKs (in his case, accuweather widget) not matching. It seems that somehow, RSD Lite failed to flash it properly or the SBF file he use to flash his MZ608 was corrupted only in this specific file. Some people that got the error to apply the OTA update reported that downloading the SBF from droid-developers and flashing it again and then doing the OTA worked fine, I was lucky that I did not need to do this, I've just entered recovery and everything worked fine and kept my files/settings/etc...

What to do with the OTA files (put all of them in the same folder):

- Copy both files to the root of internal SDCARD/Memory and external SDCARD (probably one of them is not needed, but as Xoom 2 is slow like hell to reboot, I did not want to figure out which one is not needed)
    - Turn it off
    - Keep pressed both vol+ and vol-, and with both pressed, press and keep pressed power as well untill a screen looking like a personal computer from the 80's appear
    - Choose recovery (vol- navigates through options, vol+ choose the highlighted option)
    - When the android picture apears, press vol- and vol+, use vol- to navigate and highlight Update from sdcard (or something like that), then choose it (to choose the highlighted option in recovery, press power)
    - I've choosen the zip file like explained before (vol- and pwr), it took a while to finish (remember to have plenty of battery juice before trying to do this), when it finished, I've choosen the reboot option and presto...

If it fails to apply the update and you're sure that you have Brazil Retail ROM, you could try to apply the SBF from droid-developer using RSDLITE (if you already have the SBF file, download it again, as the file itself might be corrupt), it has worked for a lot of people (but if I'm not mistaken, this will wipe your device, so, have a Titanium backup prepared).

Notice that doing an OTA update kills your root, be smart, use Vodoo OTA Root Keeper before doing the OTA, save your root, after everything is done, use Vodoo again to restore root, it is easy and work like a charm.

If you need further instructions, I am sorry, but I'm not confortable giving them, it is already detailed, step by step, if you don't understand it, just wait the official OTA notification appear to you, it should appear soon, as the update work fine and soon Motorola will release it for every device.

Usual "I'm not responsible if hell freezes over or kittens get killed in the proccess" disclaimer apply. This has worked for me and a few friend, but I have no way to guarantee it will work for everyone.