SIM Unlock U20i

Search This thread

magnumko

Feb 6, 2012
Hi guys. I recently bought U20i and i want to remove sim lock on it.

I am not serious unlocker or seasoned phone cracker but i used to unlock my nokia and my SE via some usb cables i think decade ago LOL. From my experience one need to know exact phone spec and according to this there should be some archives and programs which can be executed to sim unlock phone.

I already tried to use search option and i've read quite some threads without any success. I see similar threads already exist here but they all mostly end up in arguing about something other with no real and relevant resource. Some say that it can't be done freely, some say that can be done only via ordering unlocking code, some claim that they did it by flashing rom etc.etc. Very confusing. Also i am bad at english so it's pretty hard to find what i want. Hopefully you'll take my honest apology for opening same thread all over again but i really hope that this time someone will post some results.

So basically here are my question:

Can i SIM unlock this one via my own usb cable and some sort of flasher,patcher or whatever is called? If answer is no then no if yes could you provide link with tutorial?

Once when phone is sim unlokced can i put custom android on it without loosing sim unlock capability? I am asking this since i read here that some people loosed their sim unlock after they applied custom android. Could it be the case or this is just some sort of user side error..?

Is there any benefit to upgrade my phone with custom android? I have 2.1update1. If i upgrade to bigger version am i going to get something special or just different look of icons?

But mainly i am interested in sim unlock. If there is some sort of debranding involved etc. i really don't care i can accept whole new factory settings, just as long as phone will support english.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

magnumko

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks matte. I just checked site. Seems ok. If one day license will allow me to make permanent unlock then it seems worth it. I mean this:

Full and permanent unlock
Allows you to perform the permanent change of the network lock status of your phone. After further flashing or customization it will remain unchanged.

ales47

Mar 29, 2011
Pula
Redmi K20 Pro
Thanks matte. I just checked site. Seems ok. If one day license will allow me to make permanent unlock then it seems worth it. I mean this:

Full and permanent unlock
Allows you to perform the permanent change of the network lock status of your phone. After further flashing or customization it will remain unchanged.

i have never tried it so i cant help you with that..try to find some online tutorial or wait for someone more exeperienced to help you

magnumko

Feb 6, 2012
rophiroth thanks for help. It won't work for me though. I am from Europe. Thanks anyway.

Anyone with omnius experience?

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
There are a few people here who have used Omnius. I don't believe it's free. I'm not aware if you can unlock this free yourself, but I am interested too so I'm subscribing to this.

As for re-locking via new ROMS, I thought that only happened in some situations when unlocking the bootloader. The bootloader unlocking threads mention that some people have had a relock but that's not the case for everyone and I believe it might be if you do something wrong.

magnumko

Feb 6, 2012
Ok guys i sent email to Omnius. If they give me positive answer i'll do it with them and I'll report it here clearly, i mean my results. So in future everyone will know about this.

Kind regards

magnumko

Feb 6, 2012
Thanks! I'll check tutorial in details and also i'll wait for Omnius response. I still don't have any response from them but it's weekend time so maybe next working week.

skirhir

Feb 7, 2012
I unlocked an E10 with Omnius... This is what I can say:

For unlocking, it works easy and clean, includes all your drivers, you just need basic widows "driver installing" knowledge.

It's the cheapest one I found for 1 phone unlock.

In theory, Omnius unlocking is a permanent solution for SIM unlocking...

In practice: Currently you can't unlock the bootloader of an Omnius SIM-unlocked phone. So if you are interested in modding, don't use Omnius today. Use unlocking codes instead, multiunlock or setool2.

--edit:
davinci is cheaper than omnius, but also lacks bootoloader unlock also.

Last edited:

michaelodonnell500

Mar 3, 2012
Sim unlock

Hi.
I'm looking to sim-unlock my X10 mini.
i have searched a number of threads and this one came closest to answering the question
This is my simlock info:

(x) Network 5
( ) Network subset 5
( ) Service provider 5
( ) Corporate 5
( ) SIM 0

From my understanding I'm not able to use a code to remove the sim lock.
Are ther any other options avaiable?

Thanks

skirhir

Feb 7, 2012
Yes, you can...
Insert a sim from another network.
check if the unlcok menu appears after booting the phone. If it does, you need to order an unlock code from a trusty site (it takes more or less 1 week).

Cable unlock is a bit more difficult (lots of drivers to install), cheaper and instant after purchase.

Or you could purchase a sim adaptor to spoof the network.

Jeembooy

Feb 2, 2015
sim unlock

i just need some information in unlocking my sony experia u20i

i got this information
[ ] network 5
[ ] network subset 5
[ ] service provider 5
[ ] corporate 5
[ ] sim 0

what can i do? please help me out, up up up :(

Top Liked Posts