Problems with ext3 partion on sd card (doesn't work)

Search This thread

Milestone...

Aug 6, 2011
I used the MiniTool Partition Wizard H.E. to partition my sd card. My sd card is 4GB, I resized it into 2965MB so my internal memory free space is 1GB. When I flashed ICS (4.0.3) from kabalban I download 5 apps (not games) and it ate all of my free space in my phone (internal memory 198MB, free space 21MB -_-)

Please help :) thank you!

-Moto Milestone A853

mikeszf

Jan 31, 2011
I have an ext3 of 512MB and it works just fine, I don't tried installing applications on the ICS ROM but it recognized those I installed on the CM 7.1.5...

Oh, and I used Gparted, you can also try using S2E to move the applications, its on the market ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Milestone...

LuigiC6

Dec 7, 2010
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6
I used the MiniTool Partition Wizard H.E. to partition my sd card. My sd card is 4GB, I resized it into 2965MB so my internal memory free space is 1GB. When I flashed ICS (4.0.3) from kabalban I download 5 apps (not games) and it ate all of my free space in my phone (internal memory 198MB, free space 21MB -_-)

Please help :) thank you!

-Moto Milestone A853

How big is your ext3 partition? As I recall, it will only work if it is less than 1Gb. Anything more is excessive, unnecessary, and non-functional :p

s0ulreaver

Dec 25, 2010
How big is your ext3 partition? As I recall, it will only work if it is less than 1Gb. Anything more is excessive, unnecessary, and non-functional :p

On a 16GB SD card I have a 2 GB EXT3 partition and it works just fine.
I used GPartEd to partition the card.
So I think he should try GPartEd, make sure the EXT3 partition is the 2nd one and if there are still problems try a different SD card.

Reactions: Milestone...
T

thre3aces

You were in the same situation I was in when I had the milestone. Here is the answer.

Unlike phones like the HTC Desire the milestone does not support a2ext. Therefore. Your internal storage will always be very low. However apps that are big will automatically be moved into the ext partition so you don't actually have to worry about running out of space

Sent from my mythical enchanted asynchronous 3VO

BooZon

Nov 25, 2011
Creating an ext partition is much easier. I've got a ~520MB ext part. on HO!NO! mod an for me it is fine

Tapatalked from MotoStone a'ka MileStone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an ext3 of 512MB and it works just fine, I don't tried installing applications on the ICS ROM but it recognized those I installed on the CM 7.1.5...

Oh, and I used Gparted, you can also try using S2E to move the applications, its on the market ...

On a 16GB SD card I have a 2 GB EXT3 partition and it works just fine.
    I used GPartEd to partition the card.
    So I think he should try GPartEd, make sure the EXT3 partition is the 2nd one and if there are still problems try a different SD card.