[KERNEL][ICS] Tiamat AOSP Kernel 3.0.5 (Updated 2012/2/9)

Search This thread

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
What about Video4Linux Support or hopefully integrated UVC Support for these Kernel ?

Would be great if these often requested feature would be implemented !!

Here's the problem. Even if we built the drivers, how would the front end be managed? You would need EXTENSIVE framework to be able to utilise the video stream.

zutik

Nov 29, 2007
Erandio ( Basque Country )
This driver is not playing nice with .39 kernel. Are you sure some of the other drivers won't work? Also, I'd consider spending a few bucks and upgrading your adapter. This chipset is ancient. It maxes out at 1Mbps

Ohh :eek: jjajjajajajaja

It's a Dongle very very cheap from china!!!!!!! I buy another one....... With other chipset
Thanks anyway and thx for your great job

Enviado desde mi MZ601 usando Tapatalk

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Here's the problem. Even if we built the drivers, how would the front end be managed? You would need EXTENSIVE framework to be able to utilise the video stream.

You could use external video input devices like : dvb-s/t/c sticks ... webcams .. converter sticks ... and much more.

Here you could see some interesting projects: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

you could use mplayer, vplayer, self programmed apps, you have only to open "/dev/video0" for direct playing !!

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
You could use external video input devices like : dvb-s/t/c sticks ... webcams .. converter sticks ... and much more.

Here you could see some interesting projects: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/

you could use mplayer, vplayer, self programmed apps, you have only to open "/dev/video0" for direct playing !!

Very interesting indeed. So in theory, I could attach a spycam to my shoe, feed it to my xoom, stand in line at the Food 4 Less and... anyway, I think I get it now :eek:

Reactions: aR_ChRiS

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Very interesting indeed. So in theory, I could attach a spycam to my shoe, feed it to my xoom, stand in line at the Food 4 Less and... anyway, I think I get it now :eek:

Yep, nice idea ... =) ... i think the idea to use external video input like webcam would be nice with the xoom because its very mobile !!

/me *subscribes*

awesome !

thanks for the github repo to do pulls

do you have now the insert initramfs if you compile kernel ?

could you please provide some infos about these ?

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007

Ok it looks like I got a video stream to video0 using PlayStation Eye drivers. But can't figure out how to access stream using vplayer. Dude get me a stream and ill start cranking out drivers.

Reactions: zacharias.maladroit

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
Yep, nice idea ... =) ... i think the idea to use external video input like webcam would be nice with the xoom because its very mobile !!

yes,

take a look in my kernel repo (I'm using Team Rogue's / koush's way)

branch: ics_tiamat_mod06

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Can I install NotAndBuntu with this kernel? BTW very good work, it's very impressive on my MZ605 Xoom with TeamEOS everest build ;)

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Ok it looks like I got a video stream to video0 using PlayStation Eye drivers. But can't figure out how to access stream using vplayer. Dude get me a stream and ill start cranking out drivers.

Sry i see actually that you could use VPlayer to play /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.ts only. These means only if you would use DVB-T/C/S Sticks for mobile Television!

Nice to see you have first Tests successfully completed =)

But for short Tests you could use these:

TERMINAL needing: !!!!!!!

Mplayer installed first of all:

mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:device=/dev/video0
you have to modified values for match output of the device !!

Don´t know if Motion could work on the xoom ??

Does anybody know if "VLC BETA" supports direct "device input" ??? like
vlc v4l2:///dev/video0

bigrushdog

Apr 23, 2007
Sry i see actually that you could use VPlayer to play /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.ts only. These means only if you would use DVB-T/C/S Sticks for mobile Television!

Nice to see you have first Tests successfully completed =)

But for short Tests you could use these:

TERMINAL needing: !!!!!!!

Mplayer installed first of all:

you have to modified values for match output of the device !!

Don´t know if Motion could work on the xoom ??

Does anybody know if "VLC BETA" supports direct "device input" ??? like

Here's the issue that concerned me. Mplayer is built for Linux, not Android, and is very complex software. VLC for Android is very new and premature. We need source for some binary that I can cross-compile. Then we likely need a library that can create the namespace the binary will need to harness the video0 framebuffer. Give me the name of the chipset of whatever cam you have to play with. Later I'll post a kernel with the PS Eye drivers, the drivers for your chipset, and the v4l usb drivers.

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney

Take the zip file I have provided, extract it, replace the modules and the zImage file under kernel, zip it up and you're done.

Unlike other kernels, we don't pre-package our kernel with a ramdisk and we don't modify your current ramdisk either. This is preserved from your current rom.
Our kernel is just that - a kernel. Not a kernel with ramdisk changes.

Reactions: zacharias.maladroit

tb-killa

Feb 25, 2008
Duisburg
Here's the issue that concerned me. Mplayer is built for Linux, not Android, and is very complex software. VLC for Android is very new and premature. We need source for some binary that I can cross-compile. Then we likely need a library that can create the namespace the binary will need to harness the video0 framebuffer. Give me the name of the chipset of whatever cam you have to play with. Later I'll post a kernel with the PS Eye drivers, the drivers for your chipset, and the v4l usb drivers.

Mplayer is availible for Android.. see here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1077188

Vlc is very beta and i see that we have to wait for next state to get working tests with terminal controll !

[EDIT::] We could use ffmpeg uclinux-dist:ffmpeg, source is available also for Android !!!

I personally used logitech stuff like "Logitech C910" for playing.
Don´t know the exactly chipset name of it !!

I think if you could bring up V4L and Linux UVC driver and tools every device (supported) could work!

We could create library packages for little Kernel and User "insmod" own and needing one to get them working ?

The permission to be given to "/dev/video*" in the uevent.rc or init.rc so that the application will be able to access the node.
like:
chmod 777 /dev/video0

if we got some Problems with "insert onboard" Camera we could Is "dev/videoEXTERNAL" to "dev/video*" highest one !!

I personally recommended modified "Camera" from cyanogenmod to get them working with external too or we should modified "Stock" ones to get them working!

Here you got the Link of Cyanogenmod "Generic v4l device support instead of libcamerastub "

Last edited:

Barkermania

Nov 22, 2008
Just got a quick question about this kernel. Sorry if it has been asked before i have been looking for the last few days about it but cant find a answer.

I have used this kernel to overclock to 1.5 and 1.6 with no issues, but the governor im not sure what to set to. In my reading i found you shouldn't leave it on performance mode. So im just curious to what is the best to have it on?

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Just got a quick question about this kernel. Sorry if it has been asked before i have been looking for the last few days about it but cant find a answer.

I have used this kernel to overclock to 1.5 and 1.6 with no issues, but the governor im not sure what to set to. In my reading i found you shouldn't leave it on performance mode. So im just curious to what is the best to have it on?

Interactive or lagfree.

Reactions: Barkermania

Barkermania

Nov 22, 2008
Thanks alot for the quick answer much appreciated! Trying to learn what the difference is between them all but just needed one for the everyday use!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    55bN.png

AOSP Kernels for the Motorola Xoom
    Also available for HTC's Droid Incredible, Evo 4G, Nexus One, and Desire (GSM)

In compliance with the GPL, every change and all attributions can be found in full detail in my git repositories. Please feel free to explore, fork, or even cherry-pick (please include an attribution to the appropriate dev).

Tiamat-AOSP Code Homepage -- Source for all Tiamat Kernels
    Github repository (for pull requests)

Version Guide

Tiamat versions are listed in the format X.Y.Z

A progression in X indicates a major change or upgrade from previous versions.
    A progression in Y indicates a stable release with some medium alteration or many small ones together.
    A progression in Z indicates a minor change and is usually a testing release. Not all of these are released.​

Change Log:

Code:
    [center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 3.x.x - Third generation Tiamat kernels for Android 4.0[/size][/b][/quote][/center]
    [b]Version 3.0.5[/b]
    [list]
    [*] New 2.6.39 kernel from google
    [*] Including overclocking to 1.7GHz
    [*] Included lagfree governor
    [*] Included miscellaneous configuration changes
    [*] CIFS, NTFS and NFS built into the kernel
    [/list]

[center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 2.x.x - Second generation Tiamat kernels for 3.2[/size][/b][/quote][/center]
    [b]Version 2.2.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*] Fixed 4G modem support (huge thanks to kcrudup)
    [*] Brought in many nvidia upstream changes
    [*] Switched to BFQ as the default I/O schedular
    [*] Includes the lagfree cpu frequency governor
    [/list]

[b]Version 2.1.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*] Brought back the autogroup cpu scheduler. (Thanks to kcrudup)
    [*] Many Low-level nvidia bugfixes.
    [*] Brought in the SIO I/O Scheduler
    [*] Fixed the wifi sleep issue (TDR)
    [*] Fixed the 1.7ghz voltage issues (TDR)
    [*] Removed the usb mass storage support. (being able to write directly to the external sdcard via your pc)
    [*] GPU automatic frequency scaling
    [/list]

[b]Version 2.0.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*] ONLY SUPPORTS ANDROID 3.2
    [*] Apple Magic Mouse Support
    [*] 1.7Ghz frequency tweaking
    [*] Cpu Frequency scaling patch - should be nicer now.
    [*] Disabled the autogroup scheduler
    [*] Voltage Controls - Thanks TDR!
    [*] Miscellaneous upstream changes
    [/list]

[center][quote][b][size="4"]Version 1.x.x[/size][/b][/quote][/center]

[b]Version 1.4.4[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Introducing 1.7Ghz Overclock!
    [*]All frequency steps built in.  1.2, 1.408, 1.504, 1.6, and 1.7!
    [*]Two versions.  Overclocked GPU and Stock GPU [request filled]
    [*]USB Tether work for real now!  I personally tested with my Evo running Konikub's Evo Elite III Sense Froyo Rom.  See below for script.
    [*]Added Realtek 8150 USB Ethernet Dongle Module [request filled]
    [*]Usb Mass Storage now stock in build.  Visit [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068999"]Mass Storage Tool Thread by dinomight[/URL] for implementation. (thanks Kcrudup for turning on lun0 for us ;D )
    [*]Please see important release notes for this build.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.3[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Fixed second core scaling wake issue.  Thanks TDR
    [*]Only need a single build now as scaling works the way it should (Ya for me :D )
    [*]Brought back 2.6.36.4 (thanks Cybertronicz for digging it up)
    [*]Autogroup Scheduler brought back (by Cybertronicz from .38 tree)
    [*]Now using SLUB allocator
    [*]Eliminated even more debug bloat
    [*]HFS and HFSPlus file system modules for Mac users [request filled]
    [*]Usb Mass Storage now stock in build.  Visit [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1068999"]Mass Storage Tool Thread by dinomight[/URL] for implementation. (thanks Kcrudup for turning on lun0 for us ;D )
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.2[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Two builds! Overclocked to 1.6Ghz and 1.4Ghz.  If you had stability issues with 1.5Ghz, choose the 1.4Ghz. If 1.5Ghz ran fine for you, grab the 1.6Ghz.
    [*]Just for now, kernel version had to drop to 2.6.36.3 from 2.6.36.4
    [*]All the popular file system and network mount modules including:
    [LIST]
    [*]CIFS for windows network mounts
    [*]NFS and XFS
    [*]TUN with full ipv6 support!
    [*]AUFS for dual mount and other uses
    [*]NTFS for mounting ntfs partitions
    [*]nls_utf8.ko for foreing language network mounts
    [*]And much more!
    [/LIST]
    [*]Implemented USB Ethernet for USB Tether from phone to Xoom!
    [*]Extreme debug bloat removal and massive kernel optimization
    [*]Linpack 69 and Quadrant 4800! (on 1.6Ghz Performance governor)
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.1[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Mass Storage has been removed do to stability issues.  Your SD Card still works just fine without it!
    [*]More updates from Google AOSP.
    [*]Please visit Tiamat Xoom Kernel Github Repo for commit history.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.4.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Mass Storage now enabled in Android with easy scripter script.  Thanks kcrudup for enable mass_storage_platform_device in board driver.
    [*]Huge source update from tegra upstream.  Preparation for the elusive Motorola update we don't even need now!
    [*]Found lost L2 Cache patch.  Linpack 65 and Quadrant 3000 out the box.
    [*]Removed more bloat from kernel.  Much leaner and meaner.
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.2[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Now flashable through recovery!  No more fastboot nonsense!
    [*]Upgrade to 2.6.36.4 thanks Cybertronicz!
    [*]Merged several branches from Kcrudup into Tiamat master.
    [*]Removed debugging bloat from modules
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.1[/b]
    [list]
    [*]No kernel code modfications, just changes to init.stringray.rc and vold.fstab
    [*]sdcard2 now shows up inside sdcard so it plays nice with system and gallery
    [*]Make sure you follow special instructions in "How To Install"
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.3.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]SD Card enabled! Look for "sdcard2" in root. Same install instructions as 1.1.6
    [*]Huge thanks to kcrudup for ideas on gpio and "mount at boot" service. You da man!
    [*]Thanks onicrom for helping with diagnostics and testing!
    [*]Thanks cayniarb, bcnice20, and stiffspliff for teaching me so much!
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.6[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Only updated module, no kernel changes
    [*]Modified tun.ko for Advanced IP Routing (untested, please provide feedback)
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.5[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Added tun.ko for OpenVPN support (untested, please provide feedback)
    [*]Added cifs.ko for Windows Netshare (confirmed working)
    [*]Modded ramdisk and vold.fstab for USB Hosting support (Thank's a million to Roebeet!)
    [*]Works perfect with new OTA!
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.1.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Updates to memory patches
    [*]Removed Smartass Governor. Need more research.
    [*]Updates to wifi drivers for wifi-only device compatibility
    [/list]

[b]Version 1.0.0[/b]
    [list]
    [*]Initial release 2.6.36.3
    [*]Implemented Smartass governer
    [*]Enabled additional governers in Kconfig
    [/list]

Features
    • Overclocking to 1.7GHz
    • Under / Over volting
    • Lagfree governor
    • NFS, CIFS and NTFS
    • Latest kernel changes from google

How to Install

Instruction for flashing Tiamat Xoom 3.X.X Kernel
    NOTE: you must have android 4.0 installed (ICS). This kernel will not work on any prior android versions.

1. Reboot into recovery.
    2. Go into "mounts and storage"
    3. Select "mount USB storage"
    4. Your SD Card will now be mounted on your computer. Drop the kernel onto the external SD Card.
    5. "Go Back" then go into "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard"
    7. Back out to main menu and reboot.

Downloads
    Driver Packs

Module Driver Kernel Packs have moved to Tegra Hardware And Feature Implementation
    can you post a link to the latest cornerstone rom please? If its still being supported.

This is the link to all downloads:

http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone/nightlies/wingray

http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/
    I can look into it. Trust me, I got 1000 things I'm working on. Post a link to his source and I can look at it

Dont worry mate, we all appreciate the work youre doing here ;)

Voodoo color kernel source (supercurio) :

https://github.com/project-voodoo/linux_samsung/tree/nexus-s-voodoo-color

Ezekeel kernel / Franco kernel source with color control implementation

https://github.com/Ezekeel/GLaDOS-nexus-prime/commit/5147ce915be328d76f9471d9767e98eb89cd24ee

https://bitbucket.org/franciscofranco/android-tuna-omap/src

Thanks for all your hard work.
    Loving this so far, thanks a lot.

Will there be any more governors added in the future or is there anywhere to try test kernels or the like.
    I've had a look over at https://github.com/MotoXoomKernelFlavors/tiamat-kernel-mod but got a bit overwhelmed.

1) That is not the Tiamat git repository - that is a repository of a user created fork.
    2) The EOS nightlies will always contain the latest available kernel.