Dock for defy

Search This thread

DanielNIX

May 22, 2011
Messina
sorry, don't know if it's been already said but there are two dock modes, car dock and media dock (the one with the alarm clock)
they can be alternatively activated inerting the polarity of the magnet
just tried on my froyo defy and the media dock is very nice!

renoob

Aug 20, 2011
Portland
sorry, don't know if it's been already said but there are two dock modes, car dock and media dock (the one with the alarm clock)
they can be alternatively activated inerting the polarity of the magnet
just tried on my froyo defy and the media dock is very nice!

Which dock did you get, and does the usb plug cover interfere with docking?

Vaiski

Dec 4, 2011
I bought mine frm mobile.brando. works fine, build quality ok, kind of place for magnet and room for usb cover. Usb cable included. Did get it bout 1 week from order. Heard that brando alu hard case is also pretty good quality also.

Mie oon muualta

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Just took delivery of Brando unit. There's an indent for the usb cover to fit in, works well. Basically the kidigi unit w/o the name.

eiyee

Jan 29, 2012
Utopia
Hi guys,

Any of u guys try these docks?? Then give a reply here pls... I m about order one of these....

I have a similar model - It has no label on the front and it features a
separate slot for charging an external battery.

-- edited: As new user am not allowed to post a picture, but if you
search ebay germany for "Ladestation/Ladegerät für Motorola Defy (mit Akku-Fach)"
you will - currently- find a picture of the device. --

I am pretty happy with it. Inserting/removing the phone is easy but
it still holds the phone tight enough to feel solid. The dock has rubber feet.

What else to say? Any questions?

eiyee

Jan 29, 2012
Utopia
same as the "brando"

...and the Kidigi units.

This is exaclty the one I have. Thanks!

The second LED (on the right) indicates charge status of the battery in the extra
charger slot, as far as I can tell.

The first LED (left) is always on (blue) if there is USB power.

Actually it is the first dock I am happily using every day, for 2 weeks so far.

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
It does have a small recess for, apparently, a magnet. I'm going to cut a piece out of a thin fridge magnet and see if it works.

renoob

Aug 20, 2011
Portland
Did you get around to trying this? How did it work? :)

Awesome.
Thought I would have to chisel the front, but went in from the back.
Had to whittle the screw post flat.
The recess is not lined up, the sweet spot is from the inside edge towards the center.
As long as you are centered on the screw post and against the top edge, it should be good.
These magnets were from a failed pouch with a magnetic flap.
They went FAST from Hossen, now they are 31.99 on eBay for the remaining few with 2nd battery slot.
Dock only part # LCH-MTDF
Dock + 2nd Battery slot # LXH-MTDF
Shipping was excellent, well packaged and with tracking.
I ordered another.
MS2 Ginger only has the Home Dock installed, I've used the car dock before I flashed,
but it was a pain with a stock ROM, because pulling it out of my pouch would
cross the flap magnet and constantly activate the car dock.
Major annoyance now gone!

Too new to post pics, so you'll have to piece together the picture URL's.
If somebody wants to grab them and repost, fine with me.

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0028.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0029.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0030.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0031.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0032.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0033.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0034.JPG

w w w.poliwogs.com/KiDiGi/IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: eiyee

eiyee

Jan 29, 2012
Utopia
Awesome.
Thought I would have to chisel the front, but went in from the back.
Had to whittle the screw post flat.
The recess is not lined up, the sweet spot is from the inside edge towards the center.
As long as you are centered on the screw post and against the top edge, it should be good.
These magnets were from a failed pouch with a magnetic flap.

Looks great. Thanks for sharing!! :)

I will try to replicate the mod following your description when I find the time.

staticx1

Dec 20, 2011
I have the kidigi without 2md battery.
It's not very functional cause everytime you wanna answer a call you need to pull the phone out... And to put it back in is not very smooth...

I don't reccomend...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

gplock

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey---Dont Judge!
I haven't noticed that. I won't be home tonight but ill try it the next night.

EDIT : no calls me when its charging. Ill try again later.

EDIT: I can answer n text while on the charger dock

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Last edited:
Well, I've been using the KiDiGi dock now for 2-3 weeks and there are positives and negatives for using it. The main positive is that is has the second battery charge slot.

However, when I plug the phone into the dock it does charge it but I can't access the screen. The home/back/menu buttons are 'soft' and as such the device moves them and I don't know where they are.

I have to keep the screen switched off whilst it is on charge as it does things on its own, such as opens up various screens, sends text messages with trash in and activates programs and has random presses on the screen.

I've tried using just the charge cable but it still does it with the charge cable so I guess there is a magnet or something in there too...

Now that I've put the spare battery somewhere safe* I might return it to the sellar because among other things I use the phone as an alarm clock. However, when it's in the dock I can't switch an alarm off as where I press isn't where the screen recognises it, if you see what I mean!

I can have the alarm going off for several minutes continually and the ONLY way to reset would be to pull the battery and hope it won't start immediately on restarting the phone...

But the battery is charged....

I have not opened the actual dock yet and don't think I will. If it's not fit for purpose, it'll go back. Came from Amazon so they're pretty good about it...

* lost it, mislaid it, or put it away somewhere safe and, er, forgot...

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Having looked at the above piccies for the KiDiGi it is similar but not identical to my own. The lights are on the other side. I have tried running 'car dock' but where I press on the screen is no where near what lights up to say I activated...

It would just be easier to get a regular squeeze clamp holder and stick that to the wall next to my bed...

So, yeah, be warned about this...

renoob

Aug 20, 2011
Portland
Elwyn,
Makes me wonder if your dock app is not functioning correctly.
I can exit the dock and do whatever I need to in landscape, then return to the home dock.
The dock bar has my weather widget and radio app shortcuts, and the exit, brightness and menu buttons are in the left border.

Sent from my MB525 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts