Chome Weather 2.0 - "The fun continues..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
The other thread was getting a little large, plus we have a new version out.

Here's Chome Weather 2.0 with a 10 day forecast. Download the cab and enjoy, more detailed instructions to follow.

1) Install the cab in the link at the bottom of the post.

2) It should ask to reboot ! Press "Ok" :)

3) Go to your Start Menu and find "Weather Options", or go down to the Settings slide on your homescreen and the second slide will be the CHome Weather options slide.

Set your Zip / Location Code to your zip code if you're in the US or a "location code" if you're anywhere else (ex: ROXX003 for Bucharest). More info on finding your specific code is here http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/#req . Set the "Fahrenheit / Celsius" option to either "F" or "C" (without the quotes!). This will only affect the reading of the current conditions panels, not the text descriptions in the forecast panels. Those will always be in Fahrenheit.

Specify how often you would like to autoupdate the weather information, in minutes in option #3. It's set to 60 by default and I would not recommend seting it any lower, as that's how often Yahoo updates the information on their servers anyway.

Specify whether you would like the application to attempt to connect your default GPRS connection first, before updating. If you have a constant data connection on, leave this on "N". Finally you can turn off the autoupdate feature with the last option #7.

4) Now it might be a good idea to go to Start and find "Update Weather" and run it to update the weather data! Alternatively you can click the center button while you're on any of the forecast panels.

5) The cab should set your Home Screen to "Sliding Panel Top Bar + Weather!" automatically. If your top icons disappear then you might have to use the regular "Sliding Panel + Weather!" theme.

6) Enjoy and report any bugs you might encounter, please. :)

New features:

- Regular sized icons for the forecast panels, they do not affect other "welcomecenter" based panels.

- Revised layouts to ensure correct wrapping

- HomeScreen update feature. No need to reboot to see forecast or layout changes. This option is turned off by default because it doesn't work for everybody. If you turn it on and you see problems with your phone's radio turning off, phone becoming very slow etc... turn it off. (it's option #10)

- Added new panel to the Settings panel at the bottom for easy access to the weather updates and settings.

- "Spil icons" are default for forecast and regular panels.

Screenshot descriptions:

1- IPhone Layout (this is the default layout)
2- Forecast Panels screenshot
3- Slim Panels Layout with the background options enabled
4- HTC Slim Layout while updating
5- HTC Slim Layout in normal mode
6- The HomeScreen with the weather plugin in its "condensed" state at the bottom, showing current conditions
7- Regular Panel Layouy with no background.
8- IPhone Slim Layout

Download link > http://www.sendspace.com/file/0f8g23

Vox Version > http://www.sendspace.com/file/rxa13k

Look at post #3 to complete the installation for Vox phones. (or any other phones that will not install the regular version)

Current Version: 2.0.3

Changes to 2.0.3:

- completely redesigned Options panel. Hopefully things will be easier to get around. Now it tell you what the current layout used is.
- Fixed HTC Layout (5) text not wrapping down issue.
- Added option NOT to check for internet connection before connecting.
- Options panel keeps track of what layout you're running.
- added blue, purple, WM7 style or original glass panel selection to options panel.
- updated portrait CPRs.
- forecast panels should now display "N/A" icons when a forecast is not available instead of a red x.
- ability to choose between european("rest of the world pretty much...) or american style dates on the forecast panels.

If you like this application and feel the need to support my work, here's a link to donate to me via PayPal.
PayPal Donate

Attachments

• new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3,090
  • new3.jpg
    new3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,929
  • new4.jpg
    new4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 936
  • new5.jpg
    new5.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 855
  • new6.jpg
    new6.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 677
  • new7.jpg
    new7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 832
  • new8.jpg
    new8.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 642
  • new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
This is the "addons" post.

Added "NRG Power Key..... .cab This will add three options to the menu that comes up when you hit the power key on the side of your Excalibur. "Power off", "Reboot" and "Weather Update". I hope they're self explanatory Have fun.

Download the Calibri font mod if you want your system font to look like the one in the screenshots.

The Yahoo, Spil, Novaweather and 7Degree icon sets are alternative icons sets for your Forecast and Regular and Slim Panel layouts :)

Last edited:

NRGZ28

Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Also using this post to keep a list of TO DO's since I always forget:

- Better autoupdate logic. *DONE*
(got rid of "weathertimer.mscr" and using the phone's notification queue... will beta test this over the next couple of days)

- Checking whether on a call, when going to update the weather info. If on a call, exit and run 10 minutes after... and so on... *DONE*

- Make option menu that lets the user chose how many pages of forecast info they can see.

- Move PNGs to storage card. Create two separate cab's for installation. Maine program and Icon packs :)

- Add second or third panel with more "current weather information" details. *IN PROGRESS*

Files needs to complete the VOX installation are attached. Install the Vox cab above, then unzip Vox Windows.zip and drop all the files in it in the \windows directory on your device. Install weathertimer.mscr in \windows\startup.

Last edited:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The other thread was getting a little large, plus we have a new version out.
Here's Chome Weather 2.0 with a 10 day forecast. Download the cab and enjoy, more detailed instructions to follow. To list some new features:

- Regular sized icons for the forecast panels, they do not affect other "welcomecenter" based panels (too much :D).

- Revised layout to ensure correct wrapping

- HomeScreen update feature. No need to reboot to see forecast or layout changes. This option is turned off by default, so you need to go to Options, and turn it on. (it's #10)

- Added new panel to the Settings panel at the bottom for easy access to the weather updates and settings.

- "Spil icons" are default for forecast and regular panels.

Download link > http://www.sendspace.com/file/saqzxb

POST OBSOLETE

Last edited:

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
Final version? wooot!! :D

Edit: i just installed the update....its way better than the beta, of course, the only problem im still having are the icons.... the CLinks icons are still oversized and still have no idea where to edit them :(... any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

slater87

May 6, 2008
virginia beach
installing cab file now... didnt have the first version, dont know why. i live in virginia beach, va and its supposed to be one of the most climate changing places in the us... ill let you know how it turns out.... judging by your pics and everyone elses responses its gonna be tits:D

Empel1960

Mar 7, 2007
Amazing........

Hi Org,

It looks and works great, even my distorted icons are back to normal, a biggggg thanks for all your efforts and your patience with all of us demanding more stuff..........:rolleyes:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Whoa...okay. Just disregard this whole post guys. Let this be a lesson to you--work with your program for at least 15-20 minutes before reporting bugs. I feel ridiculous for not dabbling with this before crying wolf! My bad, Org!

Attachments

• Captured-1.JPG
    Captured-1.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Captured-2.JPG
    Captured-2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

showaco

Aug 10, 2007
Waco, TX
Final version? wooot!! :D

Edit: i just installed the update....its way better than the beta, of course, the only problem im still having are the icons.... the CLinks icons are still oversized and still have no idea where to edit them :(... any help would be appreciated

You can edit the size of the icons in the .cpr files. Look in program files\NRG\chomeweather\cprs and edit the cpr that you are using(they're all in there). Doesn't make sense that clinks is oversized and weather is smaller, if that is case, can you upload copy of your current cpr that you are using(in windows\home.cpr.xml I think)? I would like to see something before you edit it. And after you edit, goto weather options and rechoose your layout to activate new cpr.

slater87

May 6, 2008
virginia beach
yea... umm.... not sayin its a bad thing, but my color icon bar at the top went back to black and white, and it wont show saturday and sunday, then skips from tuesday to saturday of next week... maybe i did something wrong?? but i could see the setup option text either... all in all i like it

turned the autoupdate off... maybe im just havin problems with it... im usin ricky's 23rd rom. im about ready to take this weather off cause i like the whole forcast thing, but not when it jumps from tuesday to saturday...

Last edited:

axv91

Dec 7, 2007
You can edit the size of the icons in the .cpr files. Look in program files\NRG\chomeweather\cprs and edit the cpr that you are using(they're all in there). Doesn't make sense that clinks is oversized and weather is smaller, if that is case, can you upload copy of your current cpr that you are using(in windows\home.cpr.xml I think)? I would like to see something before you edit it. And after you edit, goto weather options and rechoose your layout to activate new cpr.

i was actually looking at the cpr in the \windows, i totally forgot about the cprs in the program files :p.... btw, i forgot to mention that im using a 240x320 device

so maybe that's why it didn't change text/icon size (i'll upload the cpr file anyway for u to see).... thank u vry much for the help, i really appreciate it! :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jky0kj

Last edited:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
yea... umm.... not sayin its a bad thing, but my color icon bar at the top went back to black and white, and it wont show saturday and sunday, then skips from tuesday to saturday of next week... maybe i did something wrong?? but i could see the setup option text either... all in all i like it

Sounds like mine... Mine skips Sunday, June 1st on the forecast panel.

slater87

May 6, 2008
virginia beach
im removing the whole program now... sorry, but the thought is there. its just not workin out for me... maybe when the 3.0 thread comes out :eek:

oh, tryin to uninstall and it says it cant be completely removed... looks like im reflashin tonight :mad:

could be the operator and not the program tho... o well, the options text is too small and way too cursivey for me to read...

Last edited:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
im removing the whole program now... sorry, but the thought is there. its just not workin out for me... maybe when the 3.0 thread comes out :eek:

oh, tryin to uninstall and it says it cant be completely removed... looks like im reflashin tonight :mad:

could be the operator and not the program tho... o well, the options text is too small and way too cursivey for me to read...

Before reflashing, try to install the weather .cab again. I had this problem with an older version and I just downloaded another over it--and SOMEHOW it uninstalled the whole thing! Try other methods before reflashing. It can be a headache to get your settings the way you like them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.