Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,154

Donate to Me
More
Thank you, very kind of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayton

Hi Laurentius,
I am just not explaining well. I worked out the system that should be universal to both roms. I gave a quick 7 step method for the att 3.51 only rom above to make it easier.

Let me show you how it works on your example.

Attachment 83813 (Click on it to expand picture, not sure why my attachment is so small)

The string inside the black frame box is the one that is found in most roms including the att 3.51 (E1 02 38 83 E1 01 3C 83 E1 80 00 ). and you can see that 3 bytes over are the values 10 E6. This indicates that the rom is already set to manual pagepool (because of the E6) and is set to 16 meg page pool (
because 10 = 16 meg page pool in hex 1F = 31 in hex, 20 = 32 etc)

Change that 10 value to whatever size you wish. remember its hex so 0E = 14 in decimal.
Note that the string in the black box can only be used to find the initial set. When you search for the second set use the string you highlighted and then change the previous 2 bytes. In your example again it is 10 E6 just left of your black highlight. make your first change then search again for the string you have highlighted (A0 03 00 E0 84 05 03 00 00 ) and two bytes previous will be 10 E6 again. Make same change there and save it.

29th April 2008, 05:48 PM |#172  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 1,689

More
Kyphur's PagePool Patcher
Can be found here...

It will patch Roms that match the pattern of the at&t 3.51 Rom for PagePool.
30th May 2008, 01:14 AM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Awesome!
Dutty, I have to say...you freaking rock! I love tweaking my tilt and hacking it in whatever way I can. I am definitely a taker and never contribute to any of these sites just because I figure someone else will anyway. I never thank anyone for their work either because a million people have already done it. Your Hybrid ROM however is so freaking awesome that I cannot help but tell you THANKS! It turns this device into a performance GOD. You are incredible at what you do, man. Thanks again. Keep up the fantastic work, and if you need anything please let me know, bro!
30th May 2008, 10:14 PM |#174  
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thumbs up
I must say, Dutty u r the ultimate king... I really respect you for your great work and creativity. keep up the good work. What do u do in general... as in for living
27th February 2011, 11:59 AM |#175  
Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello duttythroy,
Downloading now, will try.
Your efforts much appreciated.
SW ;o)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)