Win an Honor 7X!

[APP] Notification Toggle

1,043 posts
Thanks Meter: 877

Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2012, 04:15 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Love this app. The icons are very stylish, the system shortcuts are very useful, as I haven't found any toggle to start USB tethering in stock ICS (Nexus S). Could you add a toggle to lock the screen? Thanks.

23rd January 2012, 04:30 PM |#192  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
how to remove icon's Notification Toggle from status bar?
Hi,
Just trying this on htc desire,with a goood ICS custom rom by Sandvold.
Did a search but didn't find nothing about: is there a way to remove the app own icon from status bar (where clock, battery, cell signal strength are)? it gets too "populated" sometimes... and being able to remove it would be great.
Thanks!
23rd January 2012, 05:05 PM |#193  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
you can't remove it because every notification has to have an icon in the status bar, but you can make it transparent (looks ugly then): press your menu button while in the app and select "preferences"
The Following User Says Thank You to j4velin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j4velin Ad-Free
23rd January 2012, 08:27 PM |#194  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4velin

you can't remove it because every notification has to have an icon in the status bar, but you can make it transparent (looks ugly then): press your menu button while in the app and select "preferences"

thanks for your answer: didn't know that, sorry. i'll try that and see. nice app!
cheers
2nd February 2012, 04:43 AM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thanks for the recent updates -- keeping the all-in-one at the top of the notification stack and closing when a shortcut is chosen is much appreciated!

The only thing that's keeping me from using this as my only toggle app is the brightness mode toggle. I'd really like a toggle that cycles through three or four user-defined brightness levels instead of just swapping between auto-brightness and whatever the current brightness is/was.

Also, this might just be an ICS bug, but depending on where I start from brightness-wise, sometimes the screen just completely turns off when tapping the brightness mode toggle (it seems to happen when I'm at 11% brightness on my G-Nex, tap the toggle once which brings me to auto-brightness, after which another tap turns the screen off).
2nd February 2012, 05:55 AM |#196  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4velin

Perhaps if the status bar icon can't be removed, it can be made more useful. Perhaps to show the Battery %, or Brightness Level, Status of the one of the Toggles, etc.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjax

I'd really like a toggle that cycles through three or four user-defined brightness levels instead of just swapping between auto-brightness and whatever the current brightness is/was.

This would be a great improvement. The Auto mode on the Galaxy Nexus is almost unusable. Often better to manually toggle between preferred Night/Indoors/Outdoors levels.
3rd February 2012, 04:26 PM |#197  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Very useful app indeed.

However I would love to have an option to add custom shortcuts similar to adding custom apps.

Also some good looking toggle icons will improve the presentation very much.

Regards
3rd February 2012, 05:19 PM |#198  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Really loving this app. Are there icons available that match more with the ICS Holo theme?
14th February 2012, 12:53 AM |#199  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I love this app...its realy handy and its one of my top apps.
Oh yea...is there any whey to put battery % and temp. on bar?
And I modify some icons for my self but I whant to share it and if some of you like it...say thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120213234226.jpeg
Views:	5232
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	900867  
Attached Files
File Type: rar ICS.rar - [Click for QR Code] (112.4 KB, 1707 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to crni6 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crni6 Ad-Free
14th February 2012, 01:47 AM |#200  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crni6

I love this app...its realy handy and its one of my top apps.
Oh yea...is there any whey to put battery % and temp. on bar?
And I modify some icons for my self but I whant to share it and if some of you like it...say thanks.

thanks for the nice icons, i added a link to your post in the market description

unfortunately it's not possible to notified about battery changes without keeping background service running or polling for the data every X minutes. and both would drain battery so i want to avoid that
15th February 2012, 06:14 AM |#201  
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 1

More

First and foremost, a very big thank you for this extremely useful and well executed app! I just have some minor issues with the app though. I hope I describe it well enough here:

When I click on the WiFi toggle to switch on WiFi (in the "all-in-one" notification), it doesn't change colour until the WiFi actually connects to a network, which usually takes about 3 seconds or so. Or it doesn't change colour at all if the WiFi is not connected to any network at all. During this period, I am left wondering whether I had managed to click on the toggle properly or whether I had switched on the WiFi at all, which is a little non-intuitive. Of course, if I tapped on the toggle again (thinking that I didn't do it properly the first time), it will make the WiFi switch off again and nothing will appear to have happened!

I was wondering whether it will be possible to make the toggle change colour the instant it is clicked/tapped on, much like the default Power Widget. Then I know it has been clicked/tapped on properly and the WiFi is on and I just have to wait for the system to properly connect to a network.

Oh, and one more thing, I don't seem to have any options to vary the intensity or length of the haptic feedback. Has this been implemented?

Another thing, when the toggle for the screen auto-rotate is blue ("on" position, I assume), it means that the screen is able to auto rotate, right? Is this normal behaviour? I had initially thought tapping it blue would lock the screen orientation instead...

Lastly, I noticed that the GPS toggle doesn't change colour even when the GPS is on, is this a possible bug?

I am having a Galaxy Nexus running stock ICS 4.0.2. Thanking you in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
notification, notification toggle, notification toggles, notification widget, notifications, power control widget, toggle, toggles

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)