Horrible All Around Performance

Search This thread

jkt97401

Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have an HTC Hero (Sprint) and everything about it is horrible. The internet speed, the responsiveness and just general usage. I used to use this Hero as my phone and it is now my sisters phone and I am trying to make it better for her.

Can anybody help me out with a few things....

1.) What is your radio version?
2.) What ROM / Kernel combo are you using?
3.) What OC speeds are you using (if any)
4.) UV?

------

Any other tips to improving performance on this phone?
The internet speed is absolutely horrible even in areas where I have full bars. I've tried multiple radios and I am having no luck.

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
I have an HTC Hero (Sprint) and everything about it is horrible. The internet speed, the responsiveness and just general usage. I used to use this Hero as my phone and it is now my sisters phone and I am trying to make it better for her.

Can anybody help me out with a few things....

1.) What is your radio version?
2.) What ROM / Kernel combo are you using?
3.) What OC speeds are you using (if any)
4.) UV?

------

Any other tips to improving performance on this phone?
The internet speed is absolutely horrible even in areas where I have full bars. I've tried multiple radios and I am having no luck.

1. the .29 radio, updating the PRL might help also (search the forum for how to please)
Network speeds could be slow due to your area also. One way I've found that works is applying the 3G tweaks by zeppelinrox. It's part of his V6 Supercharger Script thread. Again search the forums but I'll tell you it's located in Android Hacking and General.

2. Our Zero Hero Sense 3.5 ROM, We include the latest kernel. Only problem we have is Bluetooth. We also have DX 2.3.7 and DX 2.3.4 ROMS available.

3. Every Hero runs OC speeds differently due to the Hero being made with some different hardware. Mine can top at 768 and be stable. Others can't.

4. UV I assume you mean undervolt. Which cannot be done on the Hero. Sorry.

Hmoobphajej

Feb 22, 2012
Sacramento
In the Phones defense it's quite old. The fact that there are still people who are perfectly contempt with the Phone in this day and age just shows how amazing it is. I also just got this phone myself as a hand-me down. Now that I've started using a smartphone there is no going back.

The first thing I can say is that it is a given to root and flash this phone. I've tried many different roms. Pretty much all of the ones in the XDA-Development forums and the only one that really stuck to me like glue is DX OS. It runs smoother then any other rom I flashed.

1) 2.24.02.10.29

2) DX OS 2.3.4 / 2.6.35.14-TeamHeroC

3) 768 mhz (It seems to be stable for me)

4) No idea what UV is refering to but dastin seemed to have answered that.

Reactions: NineInchNails

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Of course someone would use it. Its a great OS. I would be posting in the development forums but I need 10+ posts. So I'm stuck in the General and Q + A forums until then.

We wont look if you rapid fire post somewhere... I promise we wont... we're dying for posts!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

stupidjerkheadface

Jul 29, 2011
Google Pixel 3
Of course someone would use it. Its a great OS. I would be posting in the development forums but I need 10+ posts. So I'm stuck in the General and Q + A forums until then.

Yeah, same here. I've been lurking for some time now (mostly due to research and whatnot), and am moving toward the 10 post threshold finally.

I am simply amazed with the zerohero ROM. I can't believe how quickly it responds. It really is a wonderful setup. DX seriously rocks as well, though I haven't messed with it in a while.

I generally go back and forth between those and the deck 2.3.7 using go launcher. That's a nice combo.

Sadly enough, this phone will probably go to my sister-in-law as she busted her Intercept (POS) and needs a phone. I'm trying to figure out what would be the easiest (most impressively working) ROM for her to use. . . she doesn't get into this sort of thing. . .

-Paul T.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the Phones defense it's quite old. The fact that there are still people who are perfectly contempt with the Phone in this day and age just shows how amazing it is. I also just got this phone myself as a hand-me down. Now that I've started using a smartphone there is no going back.

The first thing I can say is that it is a given to root and flash this phone. I've tried many different roms. Pretty much all of the ones in the XDA-Development forums and the only one that really stuck to me like glue is DX OS. It runs smoother then any other rom I flashed.

1) 2.24.02.10.29

2) DX OS 2.3.4 / 2.6.35.14-TeamHeroC

3) 768 mhz (It seems to be stable for me)

4) No idea what UV is refering to but dastin seemed to have answered that.
    Hey someone does use DX :) thank you