Extended batteries

Search This thread

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
I just got my 2000mah stock-size battery too. I am a bad tester though. I work my phone hard and randomly. Some days I burn the battery up before noon just yapping on the phone.

Weekends are I use the GPS and Bluetooth heartrate monitor with little talk.

I'll leave it up to those with consistent routines to test.

sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app premium

have all you guys with battery upgrades noticed that none of the apps show the extra usage over the stock battery?

I know mine last 2x+ but I cant get any of the apps to show it.

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
have all you guys with battery upgrades noticed that none of the apps show the extra usage over the stock battery?

I know mine last 2x+ but I cant get any of the apps to show it.

Can you tell me where you would like me look? Any particular app you want me to test?

First full day and the battery did seem to last a bit longer. I talk a lot during the day and the phone lasted a bit over 8 hours. That's good for me.

Last edited:

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
Give Battery Monitor by Simmo a shot. Just set it to voltage based. Your percentage will fluctuate up and down some, but it'll give you a good idea of how much you have left. Also, with the gtmaxx 3500mah battery, I get correct readings for the most part off of the regular setting.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

flasozzi

Jan 19, 2012
I have a white vivid with the black expanded cover. It doesn't bother me.

Even though I cant get the damn apps to show me the correct info I know I'm getting 2 times the batt life if not more. The only real issue I have is trying to rig up a protective case. I was thinking of getting some hard silicone case and doing a little cutting. Might be a little strange.. but the extra batt life is nice for $13!

Have you seen those bumpers Apple was giving out for costumers after that iPhone 4 signal loss issue? They cover only the sideways. I'm looking for a case myself, and on the search I've seen lots of cases that have the back part unattached to the side part, so you can also use it as a bumper. Maybe it'll work for you.

Does this battery take longer to charge? Or is it pretty much the same?

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
It take about 7 hours to charge the battery. I think the stock one was like 4-5.

I ordered a cheap case from ebay and will try to mess with it. A bumper would be perfect, but I dont see one for our phones yet. I just need something like it to hold the thing without slipping.

I ordered a wall charger that I think will charge faster and also another 3600 batt..haha

2lazy2day

Jan 2, 2012
After using my 2000mah battery for a week and and about 5 full charge cycles, I see no improvement from the stock battery. I'm getting about 13 hours from my normal use compared to 16 hours from the stock battery.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

CasualStarlord

Mar 2, 2010
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Give Battery Monitor by Simmo a shot. Just set it to voltage based. Your percentage will fluctuate up and down some, but it'll give you a good idea of how much you have left. Also, with the gtmaxx 3500mah battery, I get correct readings for the most part off of the regular setting.

I've seen the sim2k one, but using the HTC velocity Android Market says that it's incompatible with my device :rolleyes: do you know of any other's that work well with extended batteries?

dreezy1209

Feb 22, 2008
San Francisco
I also cycled and used the 2000mah stock size battery and I'd say battery life is worse than stock

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
My experience is the same. My first day test was wishful thinking. The 2000mah battery isn't horrible, but that rating doesn't seem to be correct. It's an ok second battery though.

Apatche69

Jul 18, 2010
Napa, CA
My hyperion batteries have not held up well over time. It's only been 2 months and their life is deteriorating quickly. With the phone in airplane mode the voice recorder drains the battery 20% in an hour and twenty minutes where the stock battery only drains 8%. The wall charger has fallen a part where one of the prongs connects to the battery. I lost the piece or I would have soldered it back together.

theandroidpros

Feb 14, 2012
I was going through amazon and was checking out this battery, does anyone own it? I'm kinda hesitated with no reviews or feedback but it looks amazing

Yea I own it just got it last Thursday its a 3600 mah batt.... its alright doesnt really seem like it last that long. But I do run alot in the back ground. so far it seems like a great battery.

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
No idea how legit these batts are but a promise of 2200mah for a stock sized batt had me order one. I'll post how I go when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FEIPUSI-...224327?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e6a95d987

OK - the batt has arrived and I'm just running it completly flat and then will recharge and see how it goes for the next couple of days. I did weigh both this battery and the "stock" and they are about the same (not a good sign IMO)

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Thanks for the update! I was about to buy a pair but I think Ill hold off!

I picked up the Anker 2 1550mah + charger combo for $17 and it has performed well. I now have 3 batteries at my disposal and has not since have to worry about power usage. The Anker charger is actually pretty good as it has the 2 prong as well as micro usb input for power, it also has a regular usb out for power bypass so you can charge battery and another device at the same time.

Reactions: radi0chik

jmone

Feb 13, 2007

Attachments

• 2012-02-15_21-25-18.jpg
    2012-02-15_21-25-18.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 187
W

Wild Child

I went with a 2000mAh battery from andida, had real good luck with them on the inspire...just on my third cycle now...one more then we will see how it does

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried this?
    I ordered one yesterday. I'll let you know.
    have you tried this?

It's shipping, hoping to see it before weeks end, I'll post back once i get it and get a few days out of it
    Just recieved my 2000mah stock size battery. Fully charged out the box. Now to see if it actually out lasts the HTC stock battery. I'll report on performance in a couple days and a few charge cycles

Thanks for the update! I was about to buy a pair but I think Ill hold off!

I picked up the Anker 2 1550mah + charger combo for $17 and it has performed well. I now have 3 batteries at my disposal and has not since have to worry about power usage. The Anker charger is actually pretty good as it has the 2 prong as well as micro usb input for power, it also has a regular usb out for power bypass so you can charge battery and another device at the same time.
    Mugen 3400 mAh Prelim Results

Did anybody try the mugen 3400 mah one? I'm thinking about getting one, a little pricey though... I don't want to do the same mistake I did with my old atrix when I bought 2 cheapo chinese replacement and turned out to be a lot worse than stock, also messed up my battery stats, even after I put back the stock one... Also I should look for a flexible bumper case to go with that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

I have the Mugen 3400 mAh battery. On the first cycle I got about 1.5 days. The second cycle was over the weekend when I didn't use it much. Got 2.5 days. On my third cycle now. Ran the music player for several hours yesterday and left WiFi on over night. Down to 52% after 24 hours. Will continue to test.

The special back is OK, but it tends to slip up just a little. Not really loose though.