Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

samvillian

May 12, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Dalingrin has recommended these nightlies on his Google+ "twitter." Both Teamwin and Eyeballer are respected devs in the community. Teamwin was devving the TWRP touch recovery mod among other things and Eyeballer has done some terrific stuff on the Nook Color.

Here's a link to Dalingrin on Google+.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/1114433...Ch3rz#111443373232478614682/posts/dGms5mCh3rz

EDIT: @suren21
There's also a link to the changelog.

Mike T

Reactions: suren21

tensuke

Aug 4, 2010
This is very cool, thanks for bringing attention to these nightlies! I'll see how the 20120216 build runs.

samvillian

May 12, 2011
Dalingrin has recommended these nightlies on his Google+ "twitter." Both Teamwin and Eyeballer are respected devs in the community. Teamwin was devving the TWRP touch recovery mod among other things and Eyeballer has done some terrific stuff on the Nook Color.

Here's a link to Dalingrin on Google+.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/1114433...Ch3rz#111443373232478614682/posts/dGms5mCh3rz

EDIT: @suren21
There's also a link to the changelog.

Mike T

yeah and when looking at the changes, be sure to note the device... if it says a different device, its not a change that effects your touchpad ;) (unless its a general change)

ambrar12

Jan 8, 2012
I don't get it. So are the two developers specifically working on CM9 for the Touchpad? Or are these sort of like AOSP releases... or what? What's the significance of the bots? I'm so confused!

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
I don't get it. So are the two developers specifically working on CM9 for the Touchpad? Or are these sort of like AOSP releases... or what? What's the significance of the bots? I'm so confused!

CM9 nightlies means that these people have a buildbot on some server that literally syncs up the CM9 source code every NIGHT and builds it. (As in the same Dalingrin CM9 source code.) It does not mean that the they are actively working on the Touchpad (not to say that they aren't, not every developer announces every time they submit code.)

Buildbot = Literally what it sounds like. A computer script that automatically builds CM9 every night from the newest source code.

P.S. Sorry if this makes no sense. I'm tired... it's been a long day and I had to stay up to finish a paper due tomorrow morning.

those not familiar with nightlies, need to know one thing. the latest nightly might break something from the previous nightly. so it's important to make nightly nandroids before flashing. although you are allowed feedback, there will hardly be any support from the devs. i'm not sure if there is a site to report anything broken on nightlies.

so save your daily driver..

:)

PS. dev said the Alpha0.6 will more than likely be obsolete soon.

Last edited:

jerryparid

Jul 21, 2008

Those two mentioned are members of Cyannogenmod 9 Touchpad team.

There are 2 dev groups working on Touchpad ICS (ie not kanged version of CM9).

Classicnerd and CyanogenMod

gotjpeg

Feb 8, 2010
Is anyone else getting errors installing them? They keep saying the zip file is bad for 2/16 and 2/15

Is anyone else getting errors installing them? They keep saying the zip file is bad for 2/16 and 2/15

2/16 is running fine here. suggest you post the MD5 on 2/16. i'll edit this post with my MD5. if MD5 is ok, there might be a copy to sdcard error. so mount sdcard from cwm and copy the zip over.

here posted from download page:

MD5: 0e05dc11a03de23934713ecbd1a50203

Last edited:

mr.klee

Nov 12, 2010
Only things that need to be fixed to make me truly happy:
- sound when screen is off
- hd-videos on youtube

go devs, you're doing an awesome job!

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
You beat me to starting this thread.. I'll see if a mod can give me edit powers on the OP so I can post updates when needed. Also have a thread on Rootz http://rootzwiki.com/topic/18442-rom-unofficial-cm9-nightly-builds/

Easier to create a new thread, this thread is closed new thread here -----> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22618775#post22618775

Thanks to samvillian, for starting this and I think he will agree that having eyeballer as OP is better for all.

Last edited:
Reactions: samvillian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts