[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos US 3G Nightlies (stingray_cdma / MZ600)

Search This thread

brockeverly

Jan 1, 2011
AZ
Well, the only other option is to do a factory reset. If that fails Unroot, then Reroot start from scratch. This maybe a dumb question, see'n that you are not a noob LOL, but I will ask anyway ... do you have an old backup that is prior to the encryption that you can flash after reset/reroot? So at least some of your custom stuff will be there, less work for you. I'm hurting for you, this blows.

Cannot restore a nandroid, tried that as well. I have one, but it will not flash. Factory reset will also not work, goes through the motions but boots right back to normal. Im up a isht creek LOL.

Mjamocha

Jul 2, 2010
Cannot restore a nandroid, tried that as well. I have one, but it will not flash. Factory reset will also not work, goes through the motions but boots right back to normal. Im up a isht creek LOL.

Wow, guess you gotta Unroot/Reroot then try your nandroid (fingers crossed)- sorry to hear that.

Last edited:

MacPad

Aug 1, 2005
Cornwall
Exchange email folders

First off can I say what a fantastic job of bringing ICS to my Xoom.

But I have a problem, in that I can't drill down on my email inbox to my sub folders, is this a bug or am I missing something on the settings. Latest Google apps installed and using exchange 2010 server which worked fine on honey comb?

UPDATE Fixed the problem by removing account and then re-adding it. I now have the little triangle on my inbox folder :)

Last edited:

mopped90

Nov 13, 2009
Enschede - Netherlands
Language support

Hi,

I'm just new in the Xoom business.
I got a verizon xoom, but I'm living in Europe.

So, I'm looking for a rom where I can choose the language I prefer.

This rom has language support for example dutch or german?

thx

jj71787

Apr 8, 2009
Can anyone help me. I'm on build 51 and this also happened on the earlier builds. For the past few days after a few hours of use the Xoom will freeze and won't respond unless I reboot. I tried to open Gmail and it locked up and the screen went all white. Also it random ally reboots sometimes. Also sometimes it won't get past the reboot screen I have to reboot into recovery than reboot again.

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com
Can anyone help me. I'm on build 51 and this also happened on the earlier builds. For the past few days after a few hours of use the Xoom will freeze and won't respond unless I reboot. I tried to open Gmail and it locked up and the screen went all white. Also it random ally reboots sometimes. Also sometimes it won't get past the reboot screen I have to reboot into recovery than reboot again.

I've been using the Team Eos 1.0 and it works really well, very stable, perhaps you should give it a try?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

diegodbm

Oct 22, 2010
HDMI doesn't show subs in my tv

When I connect my Xoom to my HD TV through micro HDMI, doesn't show the subtitle... why?
There's a bug or I did something wrong?

myko

Jul 24, 2007
Potentially a dumb question - is there anything special I need to do after installing this ROM to get the 4G upgrade?

I just received my box from FedEx and realized I might need to replace the recovery with stock, but I'm not sure what to download and install, or if that's really even necessary.

edit:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22103905#post22103905

It seems other people have had no issues sending in rooted Xooms, hopefully this is the case for me :)

Last edited:

monyozt

Mar 18, 2008
kudus
How to update gmail and youtube? Mine always getting error when update this two apps

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

draiken

Oct 3, 2007
Mexico City
Motorola Xoom
Nightly 74

I was on vacation, so I had not updated in a while, I checked today the website and downloaded Nightly 72, installed and then Goo-IM told me I had a new ROM and GAPPS update... I managed to download Nightly 74 and new GAPPS by sending the link to my laptop.

Why isn't this update showing on the webpage? is it safe to install it?

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS XOOM​
    ICS 4.0.4 Stingray_cdma MZ600​
    NIGHTLIES​

Welcome to the evolution of TiamatXOOM.

With the AOSP release of Android 4.0 begins the next dawn of the Android operating system. And with this release comes Team EOS, the natural evolution of the TiamatXOOM development team.

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. The launching point for this development effort is the Motorola XOOM.

For the latest news on Team EOS Xoom releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #xoom.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated once every 24 hours and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS Xoom is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Xoom Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/stingray_cdma/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Use the latest available gapps package available from http://goo.im/gapps

*Note - You will need to re-flash G-Apps after you flash an updated nightly build. You can do this before you reboot after the installation of a new nightly.
    Also note that if you are coming from an earlier G-Apps package you will need to wipe prior to installation of this package in order to avoid FC issues.

--

Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving. Change logs are generally generated on a daily basis.
    Change logs can be viewed at http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Tiamat ICS Xoom kernel
    Support for OC;Under/Overvolt
    Governors: lagfree, interactive, conservative, ondemand, userspace, performance

Kernel Note: In compliance with GPL kernel source can be found at: http://git.tiamat-dev.com/tegra2/tiamat-xoom/

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery (Solarnz R4c, Rogue, Clockwork)
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY Honeycomb based rom (this includes all Tiamat roms)

Please note that due to fundamental changes Google has made to the way Android works there are certain issues that cannot be resolved without additional components from Google and the hardware manufacturers.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

FEATURE REQUESTS!
    We need YOU, yes YOU to help us build the best AOSP rom out there. Have an idea for a feature you want to see implemented then let us know!
    Team EOS Feature Request

Changing the Stock Motorola Dual Core Boot Logo Splash Screen:
    While not a necessary feature of the Team EOS ICS builds make sure you check out the Team EOS Motorola Xoom Boot splash utility in the Android Market:

EOS Motorola Xoom Boot Splash

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

Welcome to the XOOM evolved. Welcome to Team EOS.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR VERIZON 3G DEVICES ONLY. NOT DEVICES UPGRADED TO 4G
    Hey guys. There's a few things I'd like to address.

Reboots: Me and solarnz are VERY AWARE of the reboot problem. I've been getting several a day too. We believe the problem is related to some experimental things we tried in the kernel. Solarnz pushed a new kernel last night so maybe he was able to address it. We are working with an entirely new kernel and a new wifi stack. So work with us as we try to get these things sorted out. If you find a nightly that is stable and works for you, keep a backup. Try a new nightly. If it's borked, run your backup. Let's keep it fun in here! We are as excited as you guys are about ics. For the mobile data users, I pushed up a couple of fun new quick controls too :D

Titanium Backup: FOR THE MOST PART, I have had ZERO issues restoring all my user apps and my system data. When i refer to system data, i'm talking about the green highlighted system data such as settings preferences and camera settings. I don't resotre any other system data.

System storage: You may have noticed you have very little system storage. Some of you have not been able to push to system at all because system storage is full. Basically, this is because ICS is big! But the main culprit appears to be some binaries that Facial Recognition uses. They can be found in the /system/vendor/pittpatt directory. I've been able to successfully move that directory to /data then symlink back to /system/vendor. I'll post a flashable zip to do that. Seems to work perfect and frees up 25MB of /system storage.

I think that covers things for now. Peace.
    3G and Team Eos FTW!

My 3G is working perfectly and exactly as slow as I remember it!! Thanks Team Eos! Here are a few things I noticed through testing:

• When connected to wifi, I still have a connection to the 3G network (data is not active, but the bars are showing at the same time as the wifi bars, which the honeycomb version never did).

• When I open notifications, the wifi bars show a grey 3G logo on the upper left)
      Ran speednet and got 1.8Mbps down and .8 up (not that I would think the ROM would affect speed much…)

• Strangely, I did not have to go through activation - it just started working automatically after disconnecting wifi.

• GMaps and location services for HD Widgets worked perfectly.

• Even the My Verizon app logged in successfully and showed data usage

• Torch worked - didn't notice that was fixed in wingray 37…
    • Probably more related to new 10.3 Gapps, but the flashing "Updating" arrow never goes away now unless I swipe it…
    as this is nightly build, is this ROM support SVN? so i no need to download whole ROM?

>>SVN for nightly builds<<<

No we do not support SVN nor do we endorse it. You will need to download the entire rom.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

So let me get this straight... MZ600 is OG Xoom with 3G only and what version is it after you have the 4G upgrade? Is it MZ602 then? Even better question since this is my unit OG Xoom with 4G upgreade uhm What rom is available from eos for me?

Quick Version guide:
    MZ600 - Stingray Verizon CDMA 3G Model
    MZ601/MZ603/MZ605 - Everest UMTS (GSM 3G) Models
    MZ602 - Stingray Verizon LTE 4G Model
    MZ604 - Wingray WiFi Model

You are looking for the MZ602 build