Cricket Fascinate Users - Can someone confirm a working ICS ROM?

Search This thread

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
I just downloaded the ICS ROM from team hacksung and I love the ROM, but there's only one problem: My 3G data isn't working. Wifi works, which I am using right now, but no data and I don't know why. My 3G data was working fine before I flashed to ICS (it was working in EH03 GB) I'm just wondering if anyone else has a Verizon Fascinate fully flashed to Cricket who has had the same problem and knows how to fix it or can confirm a working ICS ROM that you've used where everything including data is working?

Last edited:

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
I'm the only one in the whole forum on Cricket? Someone's gotta be able to help....

olorolo

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh
apns

I just downloaded the ICS ROM from team hacksung and I love the ROM, but there's only one problem: My 3G data isn't working. Wifi works, which I am using right now, but no data and I don't know why. My 3G data was working fine before I flashed to ICS (it was working in EH03 GB) I'm just wondering if anyone else has a Verizon Fascinate fully flashed to Cricket who has had the same problem and knows how to fix it or can confirm a working ICS ROM that you've used where everything including data is working?

You more than likely just need apn shortcut apk to configure your apns if it was already working as you say or you flashed a rom that changed your prl and you need you change it back. Im running CM9 ICS from Hashcode on my droid3 and it works just fine. I just had to install the cricket universal mms apk to get the picture text working but regular text works fine with the stock mms. You will need the sms fix apk also they are all found in the cricketusers.com forum I hope this helped you out but I cant post the exact link here

Last edited:

ejdavis72

Jan 8, 2009
You more than likely just need apn shortcut apk to configure your apns if it was already working as you say or you flashed a rom that changed your prl and you need you change it back. Im running CM9 ICS from Hashcode on my droid3 and it works just fine. I just had to install the cricket universal mms apk to get the picture text working but regular text works fine with the stock mms. You will need the sms fix apk also they are all found in the cricketusers.com forum I hope this helped you out but I cant post the exact link here
I never got a reply from this guy so I have no idea if we are helping him at all... He posted this on 16th February 2012. A lot of people on XDA that never reply after you try to help them these days.

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
Sorry about not replying. I ended up posting on the rootzwiki forum where I got the rom and someone posted an "alternate carrier data fix" .zip file that I flashed through cwm. It ended up working instantly. If anyone is interested I can post the file when I get to my computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

unfettered might

Apr 29, 2012
Sorry about not replying. I ended up posting on the rootzwiki forum where I got the rom and someone posted an "alternate carrier data fix" .zip file that I flashed through cwm. It ended up working instantly. If anyone is interested I can post the file when I get to my computer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yes please do. I was just trying to get gummy ics to work and no 3G. I couldnt access phoneutil to swap usb to modem to be able to connect to qpst, then i directly installed phoneutil but swapping pda to modem didnt do anything. Started to do more research and your post came up.

Definitely need that file.

haoleflip

Dec 9, 2010
Yes please do. I was just trying to get gummy ics to work and no 3G. I couldnt access phoneutil to swap usb to modem to be able to connect to qpst, then i directly installed phoneutil but swapping pda to modem didnt do anything. Started to do more research and your post came up.

Definitely need that file.

Here ya go. Just flash the .zip in cwm and reboot. This worked for me so hopefully you have the same fate.

http://www.cricketusers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1342&d=1325574851

P.S. For some reason phoneutil does not exist in ICS and neither does a programming menu. I have another thread asking the devs if they know if these menus even exist anymore, but I get no answer.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

unfettered might

Apr 29, 2012
I tried the one you linked to and it didn't work for me. Although I didn't let gummy boot before I flashed it. I tried a different one and it did the trick. Unfortunately I can't post the link yet since I'm new. I'll see if I fan pm you and you can add it to your post.

arizonask8r

Dec 13, 2010

I have successfully got the aokpfassybuild21 to work on cricket for the samsung fascinate. I install the rom and once done run the i500_alt_carrier fix and walla. 3g works. MMS is intermediate but i use go sms which allows me to set custom mms settings to cricket. love it so far.