[ROM] I997UCLB1 [09.02.2012][Android 2.3.6]

Search This thread

dredik

Jan 25, 2012
Kyiv
Oh, I'm soory for my mistakes. I had this same lagg when updated my phone with Kies Mini too. So I think this is firmware lagg. Does Samsung knows about it? Maybe we should let them know? Or maybe ask them if they need few firmware testers? =)

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
If you lay it on the table and it lags, that's not firmware lag, sounds like accelerometer

Sent from my Captivate powered by ICS Fusion

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Experimenting further, what seems to matter isn't whether the phone is horizontal. Rather, what matters is whether the phone is in my hand or lying against a flat surface. When the phone is in my hand, I don't see the pinch-to-zoom problem, even if the phone is horizontal. When the phone is instead on a flat surface, I do see the pinch-to-zoom problem, even if the the phone is leaning against a book that's almost vertical.

Edit: The problem is also present if the phone is lying on a book that I'm holding in my hand. So it's not just when the phone is perfectly motionless. Neither motion nor orientation affects the problem, so it's unrelated to the accelerometer.

Last edited:

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
Can anyone confirm whether dredik's pinch-to-zoom problem is present in stock Froyo too? I have no idea whether my phone had the problem before Gingerbread, since I never even noticed it under Gingerbread until dredik pointed it out to me.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Looks like u got it figured out then...

Eh? All I've done is to rule out the accelerometer as a relevant variable.

Gary02468

Jul 25, 2011
I have had the same issue. From what I have read that is normal for capacitive touch screens.

Different phone same issue.

http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/24348-screen-not-responsive-when-flat-surface.html

Cool, you're right. If I lay the phone on a table but lightly touch the edges, then the problem goes away.

It's possible that something in GB exacerbates the problem (at least for some phones), or possible that we're just scrutinizing the behavior more closely with GB. (It's also possible that other touch-lag problems are peculiar to GB even if this particular problem isn't.)

dredik

Jan 25, 2012
Kyiv
Can anyone confirm whether dredik's pinch-to-zoom problem is present in stock Froyo too? I have no idea whether my phone had the problem before Gingerbread, since I never even noticed it under Gingerbread until dredik pointed it out to me.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Eh? All I've done is to rule out the accelerometer as a relevant variable.

In stock FROYO this problem does not exist. Only in GB, dunno what they've done to it =(
Actually this is so annoying, that I think I'm going back to FROYO.

Last edited:

Axiomkid

Jan 6, 2009
In stock FROYO this problem does not exist. Only in GB, dunno what they've done to it =(
Actually this is so annoying, that I think I'm going back to FROYO.

And Froyo has the only modem that gives me 5 bars at all times, all these other modems give me 3 to 4 bars and the signal is not steady.

rxnelson

Aug 30, 2011
Me neither. It worked on a bunch of different surfaces today....wonder if my old case made it worse.

I'll mess with it some more and see if i can reproduce it.

On numas 1.1 here.

I dunno I can't reproduce it now. its just damn inconsistent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
As to questions of rooting, there are two definitions of having root:
1) "insecure" kernels have root in ADB sessions but no applications can get root privileges. This can be achieved using only an initramfs repack of a stock kernel without kernel source. Root in an ADB session can be used to add an su binary to /system (See section 2)
1b) A kernel can include an initramfs script that adds an su binary to /system
1c) A kernel with CWM in the initramfs can flash an su binary to /system
2) An su binary with the correct permissions in /system allows apps to gain root privileges. This is the traditional definition of "rooted".

Once you've achieved 2) by any means (kernel mods in category 1) used to modify /system, or prerooted factoryfs.rfs flashed in Odin), you don't need anything from category 1)

Anything in category 1) is just a route to achieving category 2)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I997UCLB1:

Android 2.3.6

Code:
    # begin build properties
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.UCLB1
    ro.build.version.incremental=UCLB1
    ro.build.version.sdk=10
    ro.build.version.codename=REL
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.6
    ro.build.date=Thu Feb  9 19:24:50 KST 2012
    ro.build.date.utc=1328783090
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.build.user=se.infra
    ro.build.host=SEP-101
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I997
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=SGH-I997
    ro.product.device=SGH-I997
    ro.product.board=SGH-I997
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
    ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.product.locale.language=en
    ro.product.locale.region=US
    ro.wifi.channels=
    ro.board.platform=s5pc110
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
    ro.build.product=SGH-I997
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
    ro.build.description=SGH-I997-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD UCLB1 release-keys
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/SGH-I997/SGH-I997:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/UCLB1:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties
    ro.build.PDA=I997UCLB1
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I997UCLB1
    ro.build.changelist=954414
    ro.flash.resolution=1080
    # end build properties

Download:

http://hotfile.com/dl/146395170/6a33ca2/SGH-I997_I997UCLB1_ATT.rar.html
    I'm off today... already deodexing the rooted version now... mwhhaaaaa... :D

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium
    Got it working big.... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    As to questions of rooting, there are two definitions of having root:
    1) "insecure" kernels have root in ADB sessions but no applications can get root privileges. This can be achieved using only an initramfs repack of a stock kernel without kernel source. Root in an ADB session can be used to add an su binary to /system (See section 2)
    1b) A kernel can include an initramfs script that adds an su binary to /system
    1c) A kernel with CWM in the initramfs can flash an su binary to /system
    2) An su binary with the correct permissions in /system allows apps to gain root privileges. This is the traditional definition of "rooted".

Once you've achieved 2) by any means (kernel mods in category 1) used to modify /system, or prerooted factoryfs.rfs flashed in Odin), you don't need anything from category 1)

Anything in category 1) is just a route to achieving category 2)
    Ummm....yea

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda premium