FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

3,596 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,374

By oka1, Forum Moderator on 16th February 2012, 02:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 02:34 PM |#41  
Flag Huntersville, NC
Thanks Meter: 66

More
The Prime folks finally got a positive update this morning (.14) solving the battery issues and some are reporting better WiFi speeds. One less headache for Asus. Maybe our TF101 ICS update is coming soon.

17th February 2012, 02:37 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvfl

OK, how's this for useless comments:

"Please quote me where I TOLD someone what to do, Oh wait I didn't. I never disrespected his decision I simply said I thought cornerstone was more important TO ME than ics."

I really am not trying to start a pissing contest with you dude, but I've seen your other posts and all you want to do is have other people do your dev work, and do it NOW.

I'm just suggesting that you change your tactic and maybe consider that a) it's hard work, b) devs have more skin in the game than you do and therefore much more to lose. I'm not even saying I am a dev (because I'm not), but I'm grateful when individuals help, and companies choose to support their products with new features that weren't present when I bought an item.

As you can read I don't have a computer capable of compiling from source or I would be doing it myself. What does me asking for someone to make a build for another device have anything to do with asus releasing source code? Just because I have a difference of opinion then a dev doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.
17th February 2012, 03:10 PM |#43  
Flag United Kingdom bitchez.
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoTeC

The Prime folks finally got a positive update this morning (.14) solving the battery issues and some are reporting better WiFi speeds. One less headache for Asus. Maybe our TF101 ICS update is coming soon.

sounds a little more positive and maybe a step in the right direction.
17th February 2012, 03:22 PM |#44  
Flag Vinewood
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Our TF101 doesn't have wifi problems... it's plastic back is 100% wifi friendly!
17th February 2012, 03:43 PM |#45  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarider

What does me asking for someone to make a build for another device have anything to do with asus releasing source code? Just because I have a difference of opinion then a dev doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.

It has everything to do with showing your general attitude. This is flavor of the day for you, and yet you are trying to start a holy war against Asus to release source code that you probably will never personally work on?
17th February 2012, 04:07 PM |#46  
Moderator Committee / The name's Bond...Ionic Bond: Taken, not Shared
Flag Immersed in Dark Matter
Thanks Meter: 16,808

More
Attachment 906182

Time for a break in the action.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Woody Ad-Free
18th February 2012, 02:56 AM |#47  
LA JOLLA
Thanks Meter: 552

Donate to Me
More
posted 1 hour ago from twitter ... how long do you think "soon" is to them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	642
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	906990  
18th February 2012, 03:52 AM |#48  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 579

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalkowni

posted 1 hour ago from twitter ... how long do you think "soon" is to them

I'm not waiting to find out. I'm loading ICS onto my touchpad tomorrow and Asus can take their sweet time handing out more dates.

I would rather use a buggy version of ICS today, than a semi-buggy one in one month, two months, three months, etc. At least I won't have to listen to more BS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
18th February 2012, 03:15 PM |#49  
OP Forum Moderator
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 5,374

Donate to Me
More
Old Post from Jostinek
Asus has some coherence problems with information management. XDA has coherent whine.
From twitter this time: https://twitter.com/#!/ASUS/status/164522714994974721

Hopefully they have made up their mind this time. Someone start the two-week countdown

Asus seems to have a problem deciding on when to release the real release-date and for how long it should continue to release prank-dates. The real release of the real release-date for the real release of ICS may or may not be right around the courner.

In the meantime, we could replace most of the world's nuclear powerstations with the whine contained in this very XDA thread. The power of both should more or less even out.

Good times.
18th February 2012, 03:46 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
we dosent see any update for ics in future.
18th February 2012, 03:48 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
beta program
Perhaps Asus should consider a beta program for adventurous people.

They obviously have an ICS build for TF101 that's close to being ready but for whatever reason they are keeping it back.

If there was a beta program with manual install instructions (as opposed to an OTA release) a lot of the people that complain about slipping release dates would have something to play with.

Asus could even benefit from feedback.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to locutus7o9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift locutus7o9 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)