Nokia Purity In-Ear Stereo Headset by Monster

Search This thread

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
Has anyone bought or tried the Nokia Purity In-Ear Stereo Headset by Monster - i am at the verge of buying this & I will really appreciate any form of review.

I have been using the ibeats by Dre, but it is absolutely rubbish from a design and durability perspective. i am on the second which has just gone mental already in 3 months.

My TITAN also could not utilize the controls on the headset. i think the drivers were not optimized for Windows Phone. Hopefully the Nokia Purity In-Ear Stereo Headset by Monster will, since it is fully compatible wit the lumia's

I will order one today none the less....

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
I just received mine today & yes it does work on my TITAN beautifully if i may add :)

hwalker84

Aug 13, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd really love to hear more about these headphone. Do they support the radio functionality of windows phone and do all the controls work?

I've never gotten to try fully functional headphones because the two phones I bought off craigslist didn't have any and the Titan doesn't come with any.

nanoware

Dec 27, 2007
Texas
Sweet man. Glad to hear they work. Do you have a link to where you purchased them?

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
Do they have volume controls?
Mic?
Answer/hangup/voice command button?

Thanks!! Been looking for some headphones. Would love to know if these will fit the bill.

Yes, with my TITAN i have voice control, music pause/play. forward and backward, for F/B you double tap and triple tap respectively since it has just one button. You can control the volume with the +/- volume rocker buttons

Cheers
JP

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
I'd really love to hear more about these headphone. Do they support the radio functionality of windows phone and do all the controls work?

I've never gotten to try fully functional headphones because the two phones I bought off craigslist didn't have any and the Titan doesn't come with any.

Yes, radio functionality works perfect on my TITAN, and i am sure they will too for any other Windows phone ...

The Jones

Jul 14, 2008
London
Slightly odd question, but is the end straight or L shaped? With the Titan being so large, a straight ended headphone cable doesnt fit so well in the pocket and is subject to breakages.

Also, anyone care to say anything about sound and build quality?

jpmalum

Jan 15, 2007
Slightly odd question, but is the end straight or L shaped? With the Titan being so large, a straight ended headphone cable doesnt fit so well in the pocket and is subject to breakages.

Also, anyone care to say anything about sound and build quality?

the end is straight, but it has the flat (patent pending) cable design which fits perfectly in my pockets and jackets!

the sound quality is excellent comparing it with the ibeats. it really kicks in when you turn on the the sound enhancer under settings.

schizo

May 11, 2007
Jakarta
www.freeratio.org
It work well as handsfree for my lumia, my razr and my wife's iphone. But the controls only work fully on lumia, on iphone only action middle button work while on razr any button i pressed brinv me to voicecommannd, LoL. Yet it is clearly written on the box, so you got what you expect ;-)

SQ wise, i always thought monster's ranges from the turbine, dre,etc as overpriced boombox. Surprisingly, this one is entirely different animal. Yes the bass are more pronounced but it's nicely controlled and accurate without exaggeration. The mids are nice, the highs bit rolled off but still there. Overall, the most balanced and neutral amongst monster creations.

It also sounds great out of the box, quite rare since usually headphones/speakers need burn-in time forthe sound signature to settle. I dontknow how it will sound after used several hours but i'm on my second day now and it grow on me. I like it more now than my UE Superfi i've been using for 2 years.

Recommended to try!

Reactions: GinCifer

Benkku

Jun 3, 2012
Good headset with very nice and decent sound. Good bass and nice high. Controls work perfectly with HTC Titan I.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It work well as handsfree for my lumia, my razr and my wife's iphone. But the controls only work fully on lumia, on iphone only action middle button work while on razr any button i pressed brinv me to voicecommannd, LoL. Yet it is clearly written on the box, so you got what you expect ;-)

SQ wise, i always thought monster's ranges from the turbine, dre,etc as overpriced boombox. Surprisingly, this one is entirely different animal. Yes the bass are more pronounced but it's nicely controlled and accurate without exaggeration. The mids are nice, the highs bit rolled off but still there. Overall, the most balanced and neutral amongst monster creations.

It also sounds great out of the box, quite rare since usually headphones/speakers need burn-in time forthe sound signature to settle. I dontknow how it will sound after used several hours but i'm on my second day now and it grow on me. I like it more now than my UE Superfi i've been using for 2 years.

Recommended to try!