FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

839 posts
Thanks Meter: 147

By MadJoe, Senior Member on 23rd October 2011, 07:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 07:10 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I just ordered the OEM 1800Mah from Newegg. Something about OEM just makes me happy.

My stock battery has been jumping all over the place saying it is charged when it is not and loosing the bulk of its charge during reboots.

It should be here this week. Good thread.

17th February 2012, 09:55 AM |#122  
Flag Byron Center
Thanks Meter: 272

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadOfMax

I just ordered the OEM 1800Mah from Newegg. Something about OEM just makes me happy.

My stock battery has been jumping all over the place saying it is charged when it is not and loosing the bulk of its charge during reboots.

It should be here this week. Good thread.

Doesn't sound like OEM is making you happy lol!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
18th February 2012, 05:49 AM |#123  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 69

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincitybronze

You can try the "shaving" technique

I just got my batteries and they dont work when they fit, I read on your technique but i cant really understand, do you think you could explain more in detail or post a video?
18th February 2012, 04:55 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel10

I just got my batteries and they dont work when they fit, I read on your technique but i cant really understand, do you think you could explain more in detail or post a video?

before you shave your battery slot, give this a try - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=181

you just need a folded piece of paper
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120218_105755.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	907952  
The Following User Says Thank You to ferhanmm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ferhanmm Ad-Free
18th February 2012, 06:24 PM |#125  
Flag Houston, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferhanmm

before you shave your battery slot, give this a try - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=181

you just need a folded piece of paper

Thanks it works great!

My only concern now is the back cover of the vibrant. The volume side of the phones cover doesn't really snap all the way down, and because of this, i have to push down on the volume down key harder. Did this sort of thing happen to you?

Sent from my Vibrant
18th February 2012, 09:01 PM |#126  
Flag Naples/Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapane

I ordered from eBay one of those oem/fake/misterious 1800mah EB625152VA batteries from HK for 4$, but it never arrived here.
So I bought the same one from a local dealer (it was just more expensive).
It fits well, and the phone seems to be a little heavier. I'm charging it for the first time... if it will last more than 14hours, it'll definitely be better than the stock one.

1d10h... way better than the stock one.

18th February 2012, 11:17 PM |#127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel10

Thanks it works great!

My only concern now is the back cover of the vibrant. The volume side of the phones cover doesn't really snap all the way down, and because of this, i have to push down on the volume down key harder. Did this sort of thing happen to you?

Sent from my Vibrant

Yes same here. I use a case so i can't really see it but i was able to get it to snap on the volume side and not the power side which may solve your problem also

First cycle with the 2300 andida only lasted 8 hours : (
Hopefully second cycle fairs better...
19th February 2012, 12:04 AM |#128  
Flag Richardson, Tx
Thanks Meter: 568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferhanmm

Yes same here. I use a case so i can't really see it but i was able to get it to snap on the volume side and not the power side which may solve your problem also

First cycle with the 2300 andida only lasted 8 hours : (
Hopefully second cycle fairs better...

your piece of paper is likely too long, i had the same problem but once i trimmed down the paper so it was minimally long and a bit of work i was able to get my phone to seal like normal, as far as battery life the first cycle tends to be low in battery life, mine was 10 hrs 1st cycle, 15 hrs 2nd cycle im on 3rd cycle

5.5 hours in at 70%
1.25 hrs screen on
.75 hrs of music playing using poweramp

so it gets better, patience
The Following User Says Thank You to shreddintyres For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shreddintyres Ad-Free
19th February 2012, 01:23 AM |#129  
Flag Houston, TX

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddintyres

your piece of paper is likely too long, i had the same problem but once i trimmed down the paper so it was minimally long and a bit of work i was able to get my phone to seal like normal, as far as battery life the first cycle tends to be low in battery life, mine was 10 hrs 1st cycle, 15 hrs 2nd cycle im on 3rd cycle

5.5 hours in at 70%
1.25 hrs screen on
.75 hrs of music playing using poweramp

so it gets better, patience

Thank god, cause today was my first day with it, and it's bad, but like you said, it gets better

Sent from my Vibrant
20th February 2012, 05:29 PM |#130  
Flag Byron Center
Thanks Meter: 272

More
I am getting about 35 hrs on every cycle now, hopefully yours sees those kings numbers as well

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
20th February 2012, 10:32 PM |#131  

More
After that 8 hour first cycle, it finally died at about 12 hours. Huge improvement. hopefully it keeps climbing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)