[2-21-12][ROM]ICS Sense Redefined-Always Brilliant![Sense 3.6][4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
I'm having issues keeping SU
If I leave the kernel on the root of the SD card, it just asks me to update without being able to get into recovery and flash SU.
If I take the kernel off the root of the card, it just boots into the ROM and I have no usable Superuser.

Ideas?

morganlowe

Aug 4, 2007
OK, I love this ROM, looks great runs great but I cant see the buttons on the dialer so I made this.

Stock Sense 3.6 Dialer

This should be pretty universal. It works great with my phone, flash from recovery. I recommend a backup if you ever want to get the other dialer back or I guess I could package it too...

The dialer came from the leaked ROM posted in the sticky thread and I packaged it in an old script from a dialer update for the EVO. Tested on 2 different Rezounds worked perfectly.

gadget!

Sep 15, 2009
Boise, Idaho
www.kooldezine.com
Or you could flash this one, I fixed a couple of images and made the letters white so they are easier to see.

JoelzDialerFix

Edit: found another unruly .9 png file, fixed and uploaded.

Attachments

• JoelzDialer.jpg
    JoelzDialer.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

zZDave_Stud

Aug 12, 2011
Pennsylvania
I'm having issues keeping SU
If I leave the kernel on the root of the SD card, it just asks me to update without being able to get into recovery and flash SU.
If I take the kernel off the root of the card, it just boots into the ROM and I have no usable Superuser.

Ideas?
1. Go onto the market on your phone and search for "quickboot". From the application, you can boot directly into recovery.

2. Put the kernel onto your computer and remove it from the root of your SD card. Boot into bootloader, then to recovery. Flash SU, then power off your Rezound. Take out your SD card, and if available, use a micro SD card viewer (SD card adapter, or usb adapter) and put the kernel onto the root of it. Put your SD card back into your Rezound, boot into H-Boot, and bam! Problem solved.

Hope I helped!

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
1. Go onto the market on your phone and search for "quickboot". From the application, you can boot directly into recovery.

2. Put the kernel onto your computer and remove it from the root of your SD card. Boot into bootloader, then to recovery. Flash SU, then power off your Rezound. Take out your SD card, and if available, use a micro SD card viewer (SD card adapter, or usb adapter) and put the kernel onto the root of it. Put your SD card back into your Rezound, boot into H-Boot, and bam! Problem solved.

Hope I helped!

Did all of this.
These are my normal steps, quick boot needs root which I don't have.

Anytime the kernel is on the root of my card, it updates when at bootloader and I cannot get to recovery.

But if I take the kernel out, and then flash superuser and SU, it doesn't stick.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Last edited:

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
Did all of this.
These are my normal steps, quick boot needs root which I don't have.

Anytime the kernel is on the root of my card, it updates when at bootloader and I cannot get to recovery.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

You will have to use an explorer app or plug into pc and remove the file off your sdcard. Then boot into recovery to flash su.

Or you can boot into recovery using ADB. "adb reboot recovery" is the command.

wayne8821212

Feb 2, 2009
Baltimore
Black Statusbar

Yes. He just released it specifically for that version, since its the version that doesnt already have a black statusbar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Thanks for the info! I love the 2/15 version everything works except that (as with all Sense 3.6 roms that I use) I have to set up my widgets first before I restore my apps because after restoring my apps, personalize will force close when I try to place widgets on home screens. Also got 1606 in the Velamo benchmark at 1728 mhz.

I Am Marino

Mar 13, 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
I just edited my post, even when I remove the kernel with an SD card reader, the superuser and SU don't stick, no matter how many times I flash.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

pickaxe300

Feb 7, 2011
Boise
Anyone having issues with the weather fc'ing when clicking on the widget to get to the forecast? I have fixed perms through rom manager, wiped dalvik and cache and still a no go. I am running the 1.7 kernel with system tunner pro. 2nd core forced online, sd card set to 1024, running on demand governor. Any help is always appreciated! Also, loving the sense 4.0 look and feel.

One other thing i noticed last night, was that at one point, my phone was completely bogged down by something....I would click on something, and it would take 20-30 sec. before responding..??

Thanks in advance....

EDIT: The only widget I restored with tb was battery monitor pro, and it works flawlessly. I can click the clock and all works well, just anything to do with the weather. I even tried to add just the weather widget, and same thing. It force closes on my when i try to get to the forecast part......

Last edited:

yardi4life

Jul 29, 2008
Alright boys and girls, as promised here is the status bar revert to all black for joels latest update. Its based off of his latest systemUI.apk, I just swapped the png's out. Tested by the man himself.

Drop this on your sd card and flash through recovery as usual.

Warning: This could cause your phone to blow up. Your phone, your choice.

Enjoy!

Edit: Should also mention that if you have applied one of the other earlier flashables to remove the gps icon, flashing this will reverse that. Again, I will try to get up this mod later with the gps removed. This depends on what the wife wants to do today :)

Can you please tell which png(s) affect the status bar?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys this is my first official rom for the HTC Rezound (The Other Was Just A Base For Everyone)

ICSNew2.png

subh_TheSprinkles.png

• Sense 3.6
    • Android 4.0.3
    • Overscroll Glow
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extra Quicksettings
    • Sony Bravia Engine
    • Sense 4.0 Theme
    • Debloated
    • Much Much More :)

subh_Bugs.png

• Data Arrows Don't Work
    • Blue Flicker [Very rare]
    • You Tell Me :)

subh_Notes.png

• Developers Please Do Not Use My Work Without Permissions The Mods Like APM And Quicksettings Are Not Mine i Just Ported Them Over From HTC Sensation that Jan made...Again I will make myself clear do not use any components of this rom in yours unless i grant permission..Thanks

subh_Thanks.png

• Team Warm :)
    • j4n87 (good friend and let me port his APM And Quicksettings And Tweaks :) All Credits to Him)
    • Gadget for his awesome skin :)
    • chad.goodman
    • Sebastianfm For OC Kernel [Optional]
    • Tommytomatoe (good friend and i use his android utility cause its awesome and just a big help all around :))
    • Preludrew
    • Romanbb
    • WasabiWa83 For Poster :)
    • Pm Me If I Forgot You :)

subh_Disclaimer.png

• Don't blame it on me if your phone blows up :) lol (Don't Worry It Shouldn't)

Download ROM And PH98IMG.zip

*Like my work? Donate :) It keeps me motivated
    Changelog Release:

• Removed GPS Reticle by popular demand
    • Debloated...[Will post a flashable for everything I Took out]
    • New cleaned up skin [Thanks Gadget]
    • Removed Verizon Location Agent
    • Black Statusbar By Popular Demand
    • Fixed Rosie Force Close [flashable.zip will be new thread for it]
    • Fixed ghosting statusbar

Unofficial Newer Changelog Need Confirmation:

• *Bluetooth
    • *Verizon Tether App
    Might have a new update also working on a senseless rom since a lot requested
    Changelog so far:
    Removed debug from framework [Thanks Tommy]
    Removed wimax.jar [also removed from ramdisk]

Also will be porting over j4n7 leedroid tweaks here includes re-arrange quicksettings and disable enable quicksettings all fun stuff lol
    Wake on volume?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    This is my first mod like this so do a nand first!

I took the android.policy.jar from the latest build, then I compared the difference with the same mod for another Sense 3.6 ICS Rom and made the edit.

And it works great on my phone!

Again, PLEASE BACK UP FIRST.