[Q] Help with Fastboot Flashing

Search This thread

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
I softbricked my phone with the Overclock method, so I am trying to reflash it. RSD Lite does not and has never worked for me. Last time I had to use fastboot.

I tried the same commands as before with fastboot, but when I get to fastboot flash system system.img, I get this error:

(bootloader) Preflash validation failure
FAILED (remote)
finished total time 24.331 s

And now on my phone it says:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failed)

:confused:

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Weird that you can't get RSD to work, are you on windows if so what version?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Windows 7 64 Bit.

I did a search for preflash validation failure, and found this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493386

I'm going to try the motofastboot.exe with boot.img, but right now it's saying my battery is too low.

Will it even charge without the system being able to come up?

Very weird that you can't get it to work in win7.

You def need to charge it. See if you can get it to try n boot up regularly then pull the battery and plug it in with the battery back in it. Hopefully it will charge if not you will have to do the MacGyver mod

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Very weird that you can't get it to work in win7.

You def need to charge it. See if you can get it to try n boot up regularly then pull the battery and plug it in with the battery back in it. Hopefully it will charge if not you will have to do the MacGyver mod

What's the MacGyver mod?

Also, what's the RZR mod that allows me to boot into the Bootstrapper to restore? That would've helped out with my overclocking experimentation gone awry.

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Ok, while the phone is charging I've been doing some more searching but I can't find anything on the preflash validation failure (a fix for it, anyway).

Any ideas if the moto-boot.exe and boot.img doesn't work?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I know you've probably tried a lot to get RSD working bit it would save you a lot of headaches if we could figure out what's wrong and get it working for you

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Ok, got it flashed and working again. However, now it still boots into AP Fastboot every time.

Any ideas?

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
And Rom Manager can't fix permissions:

An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Ok, I found that by doing a Titanium Backup restore on Atrix Bootstrapper, I was able to get it working.

However, because my phone now defaults to the Fastboot screen, it reboots into AP Fastboot instead of CWM recovery. :confused:

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
If you can get into bootstrap flash a backup

Trying that now as part of my restore (going back to Supercharged V5, plus the update, plus restoring my data).

I'm also thinking if I get a full charge and maybe just hook it up to Fastboot and send it a BS command, it'll come out of the fastboot fail mode and boot normally. :confused:

ri4naire

Dec 31, 2010
If you're stock on Fastboot:

Press power so the screen cuts off
Hold volume up and down buttons
Hold power until it cuts on with the menu
Press volume up to boot normally

Mine goes to the same screen every time I shut down too, even when I try to boot into CWM I have to do this, but it should get you up and running for the time being.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
I can get it to boot normally, but I just want it to stop going directly into AP Fastboot (Flash Fail) every time it reboots.

I'm not even sure what caused it to start doing this. :confused:

Moverf16

Feb 6, 2012
Ok based on the Fastboot Wiki http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fastboot

I think the problem is caused because of a lack of recovery.img

I flashed the boot.img from the Invalid CG thread with no problem using moto-fastboot which allowed me to flash the system and preinstall to get it working again.

Now I think it's booting in AP fastboot every time because the recovery is gone.

When I try to flash recovery.img, it says INFOPreflash validation failure.

In my research I have found that this is because of an unsigned or recognized IMG file, but I'm using the one from the noob thread.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can get the phone to boot normally every time, everything will be perfect.

dtowntke

Dec 5, 2010
same thing happened to me , i cant flash a fxz. it keeps saying failure, when i reboot it boots into flash mode if i pull the battery and hold vol up and down and power go to boot normal i can get into my phone so its not completely screwed but i would like to find a solution

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Moverf16 lets figure out what gremlins you have so we can get RSD working for you. I know you tried more then enough but if we can get it working for you all your headaches will be gone.

cogeary

Dec 5, 2011
New Orleans
Moverf16 lets figure out what gremlins you have so we can get RSD working for you. I know you tried more then enough but if we can get it working for you all your headaches will be gone.

+1

-Reboot your computer
-Uninstall any Motorola drivers you've installed
-Uninstall RSD Lite
-Reboot your computer
-Install these Motorola drivers.
-Reboot your computer
-Install RSD Lite
-Reboot your computer
-Boot your phone into Fastboot mode
-Connect your phone to your computer using a high-quality (preferably OEM) cable.
-Let your PC install any necessary drivers. When it finishes it should tell you that the device "Fastboot Edison S" is ready for use.
-Turn your phone off, disconnect the cable
-Reboot your computer
-Boot your phone back into Fastboot mode
-Wait a couple seconds then connect your phone to your computer
-Wait a couple more seconds, then look at the bottom text that's displayed on your phone. It should say
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected
This means that your phone is connected to your computer.
-Open up RSD Lite
-Wait a couple seconds. At the top of the list should be your phone (under model it should say "Fastboot Edison S")
-If you've done all this and everything has worked out for you, flash the fxz! Make sure to follow the instructions in the noob thread as specifically as possible.

Top Liked Posts