Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

Search This thread

HeadOfMax

May 26, 2009
I just ordered the OEM 1800Mah from Newegg. Something about OEM just makes me happy.

My stock battery has been jumping all over the place saying it is charged when it is not and loosing the bulk of its charge during reboots.

It should be here this week. Good thread.

Decepticaons

Sep 1, 2011
Byron Center
I just ordered the OEM 1800Mah from Newegg. Something about OEM just makes me happy.

My stock battery has been jumping all over the place saying it is charged when it is not and loosing the bulk of its charge during reboots.

It should be here this week. Good thread.

Doesn't sound like OEM is making you happy lol!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Last edited:

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_20120218_105755.jpg
    IMG_20120218_105755.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Reactions: Nabeel10

Nabeel10

Sep 19, 2010
Houston, TX

flapane

Jul 16, 2010
Naples/Dortmund
www.flapane.com
I ordered from eBay one of those oem/fake/misterious 1800mah EB625152VA batteries from HK for 4$, but it never arrived here.
So I bought the same one from a local dealer (it was just more expensive).
It fits well, and the phone seems to be a little heavier. I'm charging it for the first time... if it will last more than 14hours, it'll definitely be better than the stock one.

1d10h... way better than the stock one.
xxycQ.png

YTMgu.png

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
Thanks it works great!

My only concern now is the back cover of the vibrant. The volume side of the phones cover doesn't really snap all the way down, and because of this, i have to push down on the volume down key harder. Did this sort of thing happen to you?

Sent from my Vibrant

Yes same here. I use a case so i can't really see it but i was able to get it to snap on the volume side and not the power side which may solve your problem also

First cycle with the 2300 andida only lasted 8 hours : (
Hopefully second cycle fairs better...

Last edited:

shreddintyres

Aug 25, 2010
Richardson, Tx
Yes same here. I use a case so i can't really see it but i was able to get it to snap on the volume side and not the power side which may solve your problem also

First cycle with the 2300 andida only lasted 8 hours : (
Hopefully second cycle fairs better...

your piece of paper is likely too long, i had the same problem but once i trimmed down the paper so it was minimally long and a bit of work i was able to get my phone to seal like normal, as far as battery life the first cycle tends to be low in battery life, mine was 10 hrs 1st cycle, 15 hrs 2nd cycle im on 3rd cycle

5.5 hours in at 70%
1.25 hrs screen on
.75 hrs of music playing using poweramp

so it gets better, patience

Reactions: Nabeel10

Nabeel10

Sep 19, 2010
Houston, TX
your piece of paper is likely too long, i had the same problem but once i trimmed down the paper so it was minimally long and a bit of work i was able to get my phone to seal like normal, as far as battery life the first cycle tends to be low in battery life, mine was 10 hrs 1st cycle, 15 hrs 2nd cycle im on 3rd cycle

5.5 hours in at 70%
1.25 hrs screen on
.75 hrs of music playing using poweramp

so it gets better, patience

Thank god, cause today was my first day with it, and it's bad, but like you said, it gets better

Sent from my Vibrant

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
After that 8 hour first cycle, it finally died at about 12 hours. Huge improvement. hopefully it keeps climbing.

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
I've updated the original post because I've determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number actually is and is actually putting batch numbers on the batteries instead. So getting the same number on different batteries isn't a sign of a fake. Sorry about the confusion.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

HeadOfMax

May 26, 2009
I got my OEM 1800 battery a few days ago. My old battery was getting an average of 6 hours. New one got 12 hours the first day, 22 the second and am at 18 hours with 6% left on today the third day. Granted my original battery was a year and a half old....

All in all I would say definitely worth the $20.

ICS Passion V13 W/Kissed Kernel

Robert1989

Oct 18, 2011
Juarez
Hello, to be honest I know nothing about cellphone batterys, but as far as I understand, the only difference between the original 1500mAh batterys and the 1800/2300 mAh batterys is the capacity, but voltage and other settings are the same.

So is it safe to use? Can I damage my phone if I use them? Do I have to make a modification or something to my phone before using it? or just put it in and turn on the phone? Many questions, but just wanted to make sure of what am I doing :D ~Cheers!

Rahhstah

Jan 2, 2011
Loveland
So is it safe to use? Can I damage my phone if I use them? Do I have to make a modification or something to my phone before using it? or just put it in and turn on the phone? Many questions, but just wanted to make sure of what am I doing :D ~Cheers!

Several of us are now using these batteries. The 1800 aligns with the contacts better. The 2300 Andida generally doesn't line up correctly and a bit of paper is put in the top left to force the contact pads to line up.

I've been using the Andida 2300 for over a week now - without issues other than much longer phone use.

shdw03

Jun 18, 2011
Forgot to charge my 2300 last night, still going pretty strong

d03605a9-a13c-d796.jpg
d03605a9-a148-84c5.jpg

Turned on airplane mode when sleeping

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

gdpaull

Jan 23, 2011
I got my OEM 1800 battery a few days ago. My old battery was getting an average of 6 hours. New one got 12 hours the first day, 22 the second and am at 18 hours with 6% left on today the third day. Granted my original battery was a year and a half old....

All in all I would say definitely worth the $20.

ICS Passion V13 W/Kissed Kernel

Awesome! Mine should be arriving any day now, can't wait!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit goes to Rakeshchn for asking if this would even work, and for the link to the first battery for sale

Okay guys, there's a thread here about how the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch battery might fit the Vibrant with no need for a new back cover. The rumor is true. I have two of these batteries, and have verified that mine are legit, and they fit perfectly. My phone actually has never lasted so long on a single charge since I switched to CM7.1, and I won't be going back to any battery of less capacity for as long as I own my Vibrant!

Here is the official page for the battery from Samsung

Here is the website I purchased from.

NOTE: I have removed the note about my batteries being fakes because after some research I have determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number is, and is actually putting batch numbers on their batteries, so having the same number isn't a bad sign.

Here is the official page for the Extra Battery plus Charger from Samsung

Here is a website that seems to have the battery charger combo in stock and is selling it for $10 cheaper than Samsung MSRP. I DON'T vouch for them yet, because I haven't purchased from them ever.

Enjoy!
    There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.
    Good rule of thumb, Shaolin. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Also, that battery won't fit in our phones. It's for the other models of the Galaxy S, not the Epic 4G Touch.
    I noticed that my two 1800mAh batteries have the same serial number, so if anyone else purchased from mobilecityonline.com and cares to check, mine are both TH1B907FS/5-B

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my recommendation for leading you astray with this. I emailed mobilecityonline.com, and will let you know what I hear back if anything. And have updated OP.
    I just got my batteries and they dont work when they fit, I read on your technique but i cant really understand, do you think you could explain more in detail or post a video?

before you shave your battery slot, give this a try - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22664443&postcount=181

you just need a folded piece of paper