[ROM][BETA] MIUI4DX2 Beta1 on behalf of aceoyame

1,664 posts
Thanks Meter: 595

By litetaker, Senior Member on 25th January 2012, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 03:29 PM |#241  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Wondering what the dual core give us for our X2? I feel some of single core 1G hz handset runs faster/smoother then X2.... e.g. wife's EXhibit II 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Stick golf and Tetris work for me. Neither them lag and they're great games. When I tried angry birds I did experience some lag but the sound was fine.
I'd avoid all rpgs...every one Ive played had major sound and lag issues.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

17th February 2012, 04:42 PM |#242  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Per aceoyame on twitter:

Quote:

To those wondering what the dual core does for us. It enables multithread apps to run faster. 2.3.3 is single threaded so we don't get much benefit. Now multithreaded apps we do. Also we don't have NEON like most higher end single cores do. CM9\ICS is much faster for us.

Our kernel handles dual core just fine (linux has for a very long time) It's just that Gingerbread isn't multithreaded. Honeycomb and up is.

I would compare it to XP. XP isn't multithreaded but multithreaded apps realise a performance benefit from the 2nd core.

Can't wait for CM9!
17th February 2012, 04:44 PM |#243  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krusir

Wondering what the dual core give us for our X2? I feel some of single core 1G hz handset runs faster/smoother then X2.... e.g. wife's EXhibit II 4G.

Its my understanding that our current kernel cannot properly utilize the second core. Ice Cream Sandwich is what we would need in order to activate the second one.
Both cores at full power would probably mean an overall faster device, better multitasking, mayybe 8-10 point multitouch.

There is more to this topic soif anyone knows anything else please chime in!!

17th February 2012, 04:49 PM |#244  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Per aceoyame on twitter:

Can't for CM9!

I was just about reference this.

I got ninja'd lol

18th February 2012, 01:09 AM |#245  
Thanks Meter: 349

Donate to Me
More
Here are the bugs I've experienced with MIUI so far. I may have left one or two out of the list.
  • When an MIUI error comes up and I choose to "Report to MIUI", everything freezes. This happens every time and I have to remove the battery
  • Twice I've lost all sound on my device. I have to reboot the phone to get sound working again (this includes songs, ringtones, and calls)
  • The MIUI gallery does not work. It opens, then closes immediately. I have to use the cooliris gallery instead
  • I'm unable to record any video. None whatsoever
  • A couple of times, the overscrolling fade effect doesn't load properly and the "fade" is actually a large, stretched-out "fuzzy tv" looking image. Looks horrible
  • When trying to move an app into a folder, the folder tends to move around more than it should. Sometimes it's hard to put apps inside a folder. Maybe this isn't a bug, just something to get used to.
  • I use a pattern for my screen lock. A couple of times, my pattern settings get reset. For example, I use "no visible pattern" and "use tactile feedback". Sometimes, these two settings will revert to default (which is the opposite of what I have set)
  • A couple of times when trying to send a text message, my phone freezes and reboots automatically. Not sure why

My phone has very few aftermarket apps installed. I just flashed MIUI yesterday. Just wanting to put my 2 cents in. I love MIUI and want to see it grow for DX2!
18th February 2012, 02:29 AM |#246  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesf90

Here are the bugs I've experienced with MIUI so far. I may have left one or two out of the list.

• When an MIUI error comes up and I choose to "Report to MIUI", everything freezes. This happens every time and I have to remove the battery
  • Twice I've lost all sound on my device. I have to reboot the phone to get sound working again (this includes songs, ringtones, and calls)
  • The MIUI gallery does not work. It opens, then closes immediately. I have to use the cooliris gallery instead
  • I'm unable to record any video. None whatsoever
  • A couple of times, the overscrolling fade effect doesn't load properly and the "fade" is actually a large, stretched-out "fuzzy tv" looking image. Looks horrible
  • When trying to move an app into a folder, the folder tends to move around more than it should. Sometimes it's hard to put apps inside a folder. Maybe this isn't a bug, just something to get used to.
  • I use a pattern for my screen lock. A couple of times, my pattern settings get reset. For example, I use "no visible pattern" and "use tactile feedback". Sometimes, these two settings will revert to default (which is the opposite of what I have set)
  • A couple of times when trying to send a text message, my phone freezes and reboots automatically. Not sure why

My phone has very few aftermarket apps installed. I just flashed MIUI yesterday. Just wanting to put my 2 cents in. I love MIUI and want to see it grow for DX2!

Menu>Settings> Programs> Manage Applications
Turn off compatibility mode all of you apps. That will stop a large majority of the fc's. The sound issues will persist until ace outs out an update. Your other problems are all one that I've not had.

Hope that helps!

18th February 2012, 05:52 AM |#247  

Donate to Me
More
Oh yeah that will definitely hello me get by until further updates thanks

Sent from my DROID X2
19th February 2012, 12:06 AM |#248  

Donate to Me
More
Another bug report, kind of odd.

I was on the phone today with an automated machine. I needed to "Press 2 to continue". I pressed "2", but the machine couldn't understand my entry. I also tried on my voicemail, and it wouldn't work. Bummer
19th February 2012, 04:35 AM |#249  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 21

More
As much as I love MIUI I don't understand how eclipse is so much better at managing battery life (same goes when comparing eclipse to CM7)

Yet CM7 and MIUI seem so much snappier
19th February 2012, 05:29 AM |#250  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watercycle

As much as I love MIUI I don't understand how eclipse is so much better at managing battery life (same goes when comparing eclipse to CM7)

Yet CM7 and MIUI seem so much snappier

The battery life isnt all that bad, provided you dont have the screen on all of the time and keep the brightness at a reasonable level.
I find that using a battery saving app along with turning your data off while not using the phone does a lot. Now I can do ~12-13 hours on no charge. I know that isnt great (or is it?) but those numbers are much higher than times I had a few weeks ago.
19th February 2012, 02:22 PM |#251  

Donate to Me
More
A few more bugs

- Alarm clock time-scroller doesn't show the main number when setting the time
- The MIUI browser always uses "baidu*", even though I set it to search with google
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)