MIUI Q&A

Search This thread

Ashyford

Dec 19, 2010
Hello,

i am a galaxy s captivate user, i currently installed I897UCKF1 rom,

Firmware Version is 2.3.3,
kernel version 2.6.35.7-I897UCKF1-CL273832

now i want to install MIUI 2.1.20 (2.3.7) rom, anyone please help me out to give a complete installation guide or a complete video walkthrough from u. i was downloaded the zip file of miui 2.1.20

help me please with proper guide line

thanking you

When I first switched to MIUI, I generally followed these instructions.
http://www.miuicaptivate.info/first-time-installation.html

Seems sparse but I never had a problem.

Reactions: sanky1

sanky1

Nov 12, 2011
When I first switched to MIUI, I generally followed these instructions.
http://www.miuicaptivate.info/first-time-installation.html

Seems sparse but I never had a problem.
first of all thank u very much for the reply. now i am a MIUI user. it's just amazing rom, i just install the 2.2.10 captivate version, great look, touch working very smooth, the only thing i want to see, the battery backup how much stable or not otherwise it's a very good rom

sanky1

Nov 12, 2011
i am looking now to center the clock position, currently i am using MIUI 2.2.10 captivate version. anyone please help me about this issue

thank you

DarkFlame7

Feb 22, 2012
Excuse me if there is a rule against bumping old threads, I looked and saw no such rule.

Anyway, I just installed MIUI on my Captivate today and it went pretty smoothly once I figured out what files to use where. But now that it's installed, I'm having a new problem. The phone is showing 0 Bytes of internal memory total. I can't install apps or even receive text messages. I found some somewhat similar problems elsewhere, but my phone is showing under "About Phone" 0.00B total internal memory.

I've mounted the internal SD with my PC and deleted some files to try to make room, but it made no difference. Any thoughts?

xArtanis

Jun 24, 2011
New Jersey
Excuse me if there is a rule against bumping old threads, I looked and saw no such rule.

Anyway, I just installed MIUI on my Captivate today and it went pretty smoothly once I figured out what files to use where. But now that it's installed, I'm having a new problem. The phone is showing 0 Bytes of internal memory total. I can't install apps or even receive text messages. I found some somewhat similar problems elsewhere, but my phone is showing under "About Phone" 0.00B total internal memory.

I've mounted the internal SD with my PC and deleted some files to try to make room, but it made no difference. Any thoughts?
A bit late and I'm sure you've done this by now, but try flashing the ROM again.

azunino

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
How is the battery life of this ROM compared to CM7?

I ask because I have installed MIUI and the battery lasts only 10 hours versus >24 using CM7.

Some tips to improve this?

Ashyford

Dec 19, 2010
I'm using an miui 4 ROM (ics). As we know, the Sd card directory has been moved to the emmc.

I have a cwr flashable zip from Serendipity's Kitchen to install Quick Office. It has worked on every ROM in the past. Unfortunately, it won't install now. Perhaps because of the directory issue.

What do I need to do get the zip to work?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

rick20

Oct 12, 2010
mobile data not working

hi, i just flash my captivate using MIUI4 today.
but somehow my mobile network is not working.
I already set APN, network type selection, turn off wifi, and activate the Data enabled from Mobile network settings, but the 3G icon never appeared.

This also happened with the previous version (MIUI2).
Anyone got the same problem?
Please help
Really appreciate it

Silencer96

Jan 4, 2012
How is the battery life of this ROM compared to CM7?

I ask because I have installed MIUI and the battery lasts only 10 hours versus >24 using CM7.

Some tips to improve this?

The battery life for MIUI is downright horrible.

Some things you can try:
Install Glitch kernel and Undervolt everything by atleast -50.
Buy a 3500 mah battery from ebay for $7.

Reactions: azunino

azunino

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
The battery life for MIUI is downright horrible.

Some things you can try:
Install Glitch kernel and Undervolt everything by atleast -50.
Buy a 3500 mah battery from ebay for $7.

I've flashed ICS AOKP M4 with ICY glitch kernel. Very smooth and stable. Battery life is great. I'll try MIUI4, which is based on ICS and should have better battery life.

Last edited:

Bozolini

Jan 11, 2011
Permission Manager

Hi all. Long-time lurker and admirer of all that is accomplished here on XDA. I have a question and a comment. The comment first: I feel that the essence of the MIUI experience is having the Permission Manager and the options which come with it. I happen to be one of those persons which favors keeping my personal information (like my contacts, location, call logs, and other sensitive information which most of today's applications request in the middle of the night) to myself. The Permission Manager took care of that for me. It would monitor the apps and deny access to my private information. Most of the ROM's based on MIUI, as of late, have removed the Permission Manager and I can only hope that at some later date it will be part of the MIUI experience once again.

My question: Can I protect my private information in the same manner as the MIUI Permission Manager with an existing application on the market?

Thanks in advance.

scythekain

Mar 16, 2012
Bellevue
My question: Can I protect my private information in the same manner as the MIUI Permission Manager with an existing application on the market?

Thanks in advance.

Google - android application permission manager.

I can't insert a link.

As for your rom issue, cm7 has built in permission control which is why miui has it. Not sure why they nixed it in v4, I'm rolling gummi on my captivate.

Looks like I was wrong about gummy charged ics. Still does force close fit with installed apps above 400 megs.

Last edited:

azunino

Feb 26, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Kernels for MIUI GB

Hi,
do you know if it is possible to use the latest CM7 KANG kernels with MIUI GB (for example 2.3.23)? The kernel in MIUI GB is a bit outdated (Oct 2011)
thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I recently installed miui superbean (miui 2.9.21) using cwm recovery. After a few days, I miss some features of other JB roms :). However, when I try installing any other rom, I get an error (cannot run /tmp/updater.sh). I am not even able to restore a nandroid backup as I recieve another error (cannot format /data). The only rom I can successfully install is Superbean. Does anyone have a solution?

When I get this error I flash back to stock then Odin corn kernal then flash away.

Sent from my I897 using xda premium
    Q&A for the MIUI rom
    why can i download any apss on the market ???:confused:
    go to the app downloads and push the menu button and select download using mobile network.

My understanding is that for the external to work, you need to flash from a 2.2 rom.

But before you do that try these:
    - Pull out the external card and put it back in without turning off the phone.
    - Mount it in recovery.

If those don't work, you may have to flash back to stock, flash a 2.2 rom, then repeat the flashing process.
    In recovery, try wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, reboot.
    If it won't reboot, go back into recovery and reinstall the rom u r on...or a different one if u want. U may loose all ur unsaved apps and data if u didn't have them backed up before this though. But u may not have a choice in the matter. If u don't have a Rom on ur internal sdcard as of right now, then u should be able to mount usb from the recovery and connect to ur pc and copy a rom over, etc.
    If all else fails...download mode...flash stock kk4 through odin or heimdall...

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium