[request] bionic on page plus

Search This thread

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
whew finally figured out the 3g on the bionic on pageplus thanx to the cricket forum and the .902 build

make sure you do the programming as per the bionic on pageplus thread
make sure you are on the .902 update

*#*#info#*#* (4636) cdma auto PRL
ns toggle allowed
##program 14 lte test settings
lte bbpanic disable
sim type 3g test uicc
remove sim and make sure you have the pageplus prl on the phone after you check it without the sim card
and leave the sim card out
(remember to write nv only in cdma workshop to write prl to phone in either qpst or cdma ws)
disable 1,2 apns
reboot phone a few times and it will be good.

(mms will not work without a work around, i used verizon messenger for this)

Last edited:
Reactions: bamx2 and AZKJS

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
2012-02-19_141856.html
2012-02-19_141906.html
2012-02-19_141911.html
2012-02-19_141917.html
2012-02-19_141930.html
2012-02-19_141959.html

2012-02-19_142003.html

alpenglow

Jun 25, 2010
I will make a video of this when i get time. Use cdma workshop to put a pageplus prl on the phone. It will activate normally if you drop the last character from the IMEI. After that *#*#4636#*#* to turn radio off and change cdma/gsm/auto prl to cdma only to get solid 1x data. The method i use to get 3g works until the phone drops signal. Then you have to repeat the method. It can get agrivating. But i am sending this post on my 3g from droid bionic on Pageplus.

Yeh. Please make a video for us.:)

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
I was gonna post pretty much the samething.... Lol nice!!
Newbie guide to programming droid bionic with 3g data on pageplus

1.get a 4glte sim card.

2. factory data reset phone

3. Activate phone by using the first 15 characters of the imei (drop 1 character from the end)

4. Push pageplus prl to phone. (I do not know how to link download files to this forum yet)

I used cdma workshop 3.8 demo version

A.put phone in diagnostic mode power off, hold up and down buttons and power back on, select bp tools at the bottom by button down to it and button up to select bp tools

B. Connect phone to computer open up cdma workshop go to ports and select the one that says diag it should be the one at the bottom.

C. Click connect to connect phone

D. Go to main tab click spc send 000000 to unlock phone, go to other tab to load pageplus prl to phone, select write and find your prl file and it should write it to the phone.

5. Insert sim card.

6. Restart phone. Phone should OTA program.
7. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma auto prl and change it to cdma only

Back out of that

8. dial ##program go to test mode next over to evrc hdr hybrid mode change network type to cdma and back out phone will restart

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA 1xrtt and you have 1x data)

9. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma and change it to cdma auto prl

Back out of that

10. Power down and remove sim card and power up.

11. dial ##program go to test mode next over to evrc hdr hybrid mode change network type to cdma and evdo phone will restart

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA EvDo rev A. if it says eHRPD redo steps 10-14.)

12. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma auto prl and change it to unknown

Back out of that

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA EvDo rev A. if it says eHRPD redo steps 10-15.)

13. Power down phone, replace sim card power up you should have 3g and talk and text

this is the pageplus prl that i used
http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
Sometimes on a modified rom you have to use different codes to get in menus. You can google motorola android codes or droid codes or some such search to find all types of different codes that access the same menus. If you know what phone the rom was developed from try looking up the menu access codes for that particular phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

cappii

Apr 26, 2010
Williamston, SC
Just wanted to report that the Droid RAZR is working on Page Plus, with 1x data. Follow the directions for the Bionic, but make sure that when you connect your Droid to your PC, you choose PC mode. All else is the same!!

Did mine today... and man, this phone is amazing!!!

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
IF YOU GO INTO ##PROGRAM 14 LTE TEST SETTINGS AND

sim type 3g test uicc

lte bbpanic disable

disable 1,2 apns

DISABLE LTE MOVEMENT DETECTION

remove sim and leave the sim card out

YOU WILL HAVE 3G DATA ON THE DROID RAZR AFTER THE 2.3.6 UPDATE (THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE 2.3.5 UPDATE BUT IT DOES WORK ON 2.3.4)

cappii

Apr 26, 2010
Williamston, SC
IF YOU GO INTO ##PROGRAM 14 LTE TEST SETTINGS AND

sim type 3g test uicc

lte bbpanic disable

disable 1,2 apns

DISABLE LTE MOVEMENT DETECTION

remove sim and leave the sim card out

YOU WILL HAVE 3G DATA ON THE DROID RAZR AFTER THE 2.3.6 UPDATE (THIS DOES NOT WORK ON THE 2.3.5 UPDATE BUT IT DOES WORK ON 2.3.4)

Here goes nothing... nope, still running at 1x on 2.3.6

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
*#*#4636#*#*
phone information
Make sure it is set on
cdma auto prl
##program 6 test mode /next/next network type change it to cdma and evdo if it is on cdma and evdo change it to cdma only and back to cdma and evdo

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA

Last edited:

rjay3

Feb 14, 2012
MMS

So MMS seems to be working without a hitch in the Bionic. I thought it was requiring a work around

gomobility

Feb 12, 2012
i am trying to get the droid razr on page plus, got voice and sms working, but for some reason, the *#*#4636#*#* does not work, it doesnt do anything

running android 2.3.6

can someone please shed some light on this, cant get into phone info yo change settings

akhobbes

Apr 30, 2008
I was able to flash my droid bionic to PPC, but want to know 2 things:

1) I've tried everything to get MMS to work. I can send pics but cannot receive them. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I have to be off WIFI and on the data connection instead, but I've yet to download any pics yet. Yes, I've downloaded VZ Messages app. but still no good.

2) Can I flash a custom rom like Eclipse or will that reset all the work to get PPC working on this phone?

Thanks again to Adam and Ward for all their work put into this...

adam3rd

Apr 20, 2011
Tennille
Cdmatools will allow you to change eHRPD TO EVDO Rev A in the data programming tab. Then you can use a Sim card and the mms will work perfectly with any SMS program

akhobbes

Apr 30, 2008
Cdmatools will allow you to change eHRPD TO EVDO Rev A in the data programming tab. Then you can use a Sim card and the mms will work perfectly with any SMS program

Hmm... Well, after following your awesome post Adam, I was able to get a pretty good lock on 3G, BUT I did remove my sim card following the procedure. So perhaps I need to keep the sim card in to fix my MMS problem?

Any luck on my other q? Can I flash a custom rom like Eclipse and keep my pageplus service or is that being greedy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Newbie guide to programming droid bionic with 3g data on pageplus

1.get a 4glte sim card.

2. factory data reset phone

3. Activate phone by using the first 15 characters of the imei (drop 1 character from the end)

4. Push pageplus prl to phone. (I do not know how to link download files to this forum yet)

I used cdma workshop 3.8 demo version

A.put phone in diagnostic mode power off, hold up and down buttons and power back on, select bp tools at the bottom by button down to it and button up to select bp tools

B. Connect phone to computer open up cdma workshop go to ports and select the one that says diag it should be the one at the bottom.

C. Click connect to connect phone

D. Go to main tab click spc send 000000 to unlock phone, go to other tab to load pageplus prl to phone, select write and find your prl file and it should write it to the phone.

5. Insert sim card.

6. Restart phone. Phone should OTA program.
    7. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma auto prl and change it to cdma only

Back out of that

8. dial ##program go to test mode next over to evrc hdr hybrid mode change network type to cdma and back out phone will restart

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA 1xrtt and you have 1x data)

9. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma and change it to cdma auto prl

Back out of that

10. Power down and remove sim card and power up.

11. dial ##program go to test mode next over to evrc hdr hybrid mode change network type to cdma and evdo phone will restart

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA EvDo rev A. if it says eHRPD redo steps 10-14.)

12. dial *#*#4636#*#* go to phone information go to cdma auto prl and change it to unknown

Back out of that

(check menu/settings/phone status make sure mobile network type says CDMA EvDo rev A. if it says eHRPD redo steps 10-15.)

13. Power down phone, replace sim card power up you should have 3g and talk and text

this is the pageplus prl that i used
    http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html
    whew finally figured out the 3g on the bionic on pageplus thanx to the cricket forum and the .902 build

make sure you do the programming as per the bionic on pageplus thread
    make sure you are on the .902 update

*#*#info#*#* (4636) cdma auto PRL
    ns toggle allowed
    ##program 14 lte test settings
    lte bbpanic disable
    sim type 3g test uicc
    remove sim and make sure you have the pageplus prl on the phone after you check it without the sim card
    and leave the sim card out
    (remember to write nv only in cdma workshop to write prl to phone in either qpst or cdma ws)
    disable 1,2 apns
    reboot phone a few times and it will be good.

(mms will not work without a work around, i used verizon messenger for this)
    it is no problem to get the bionic on pageplus, cdma workshop demo will work just fine. you also need a 4glte sim card. factory data reset the phone and you need to install cdma workshop demo first. download a pageplus prl. you can find one at http://www.4shared.com/file/qryS5x4T/51720_EVDO.html
    download motorola usb drivers from motorola website
    http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...iver_5.4.0.exe
    and install them.
    power off your computer.
    you power down your phone and put it in diagnostic mode by holding down both volume up and down buttons and pressing power on button at the top.
    use the down button to toggle down to bp tools at the bottom and press the volume up button to select it. your phone will power on in diagnostic mode.
    connect your phone via a usb cable to your computer and power on your computer. after your computer is powered up wait for the computer to install the device drivers for your phone
    open up device manager and find the modems and look for your phone (moto something or other or or xt875) and see which com port it is on by looking in the advanced tab or one of the other tabs. open up cdma workshop and select the com port your bionic is on and click on the connect button. click read to make sure your phone is connected and go to the security tab and SPC /User lock click send and send spc 000000 to your phone to unlock it so that you can write to it. go to the main tab and at the bottom you will see a drop down menu that says cdma click the drop down arrow and click on cdma-2. go to the r-uim configuration and click on nv only go to the bottom and click write click on the nam-1 and click nam-2 and click write again. now go to the cdma-2 tab and click cdma and go up to the tabs and click other go to the prl and click write and find the location you downloaded the prl file and select it and the program will write it to the phone. now you can power off the phone. activate the imei number by dropping off the last digit to make the number one less (14 instead of 15), power it up normally and the phone will program normally with the 4glte sim card installed. after activation, to get 1x data with mms go to the dial pad and *#*#4636#*#* go down to the turn off radio button and click it. it should now say turn on radio go to the gsm\cdma\prl auto drop down menu and select cdma only and then click turn on radio button back button out of there and you now have 1x data with talk, text and mms. painless
    ---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

[/COLOR]i am sure this method will work for other mvno's as well. you would need to put a compatible prl on the phone.