FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

READ THIS NOW !!!•••POST ALL ICS AND ICS RELATED INFO HERE ONLY !!!!!

3,596 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,378

By oka1, Forum Moderator on 16th February 2012, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2012, 05:29 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Asus South Africa just posted a picture of TF101G running ics:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

It doesn't seem like it's a rom like Paul Burtons but actually a real asus update.

19th February 2012, 07:22 PM |#62  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faxe3

Asus South Africa just posted a picture of TF101G running ics:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf

It doesn't seem like it's a rom like Paul Burtons but actually a real asus update.

Click image for larger version

Name:	misc-you-dont-say-l.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	909820

This has been posted at least 10 times and i personally asked paul to check it out and he posted a comment saying it was not his
19th February 2012, 09:24 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Fix for calendar sync issue in Paul's ICS
For whoever having issues with calendar sync, its because of the missing calendar provide. Push the attached API system/app set permissions and reboot and it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: apk CalendarProvider.apk - [Click for QR Code] (166.8 KB, 82 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rajkumard For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rajkumard Ad-Free
20th February 2012, 08:31 AM |#64  
Flag Ho Chi Minh City
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crey23

Very happy to wait another month and have a smooth transition to ICS

Not everyone feels this way. I'm a dev waiting (still waiting) for ICS on the tablet to test my apps against. Because of ASUS dragging their feet hoping for more people to buy transformer primes (anything they say about testing/sending to google is a PR-spun lie) now i'm stuck in a posisition of having to wait till they feel like they've sold enough primes in order to resume my dev work. I don't care if there is bugs, release it NOW and fix the bugs with OTA updates, that's WHY they exist.

Just think: If paul burton can do a TF101 ICS port pretty much by himself, yet ASUS has an entire TEAM of people who are suposed to be dedicated to this stuff, then either:

1) ASUS and/or their "Team" is incompetant
2) ASUS has simply not been working on it (and possibly don't plan on it either?)
3) It's done and they aren't releasing it (wanna go buy a prime anyone?)

I'm willing to bet you right now that when Android 5 comes out they will pull this same stunt. Not happy ASUS...
The Following User Says Thank You to trickfarrelly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trickfarrelly Ad-Free
20th February 2012, 08:36 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I want to see ICS4.03 for Novo8,I want ICS is good for all.
20th February 2012, 09:10 AM |#66  
Flag Manhattan
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickfarrelly

Not everyone feels this way. I'm a dev waiting (still waiting) for ICS on the tablet to test my apps against. Because of ASUS dragging their feet hoping for more people to buy transformer primes (anything they say about testing/sending to google is a PR-spun lie) now i'm stuck in a posisition of having to wait till they feel like they've sold enough primes in order to resume my dev work. I don't care if there is bugs, release it NOW and fix the bugs with OTA updates, that's WHY they exist.

Just think: If paul burton can do a TF101 ICS port pretty much by himself, yet ASUS has an entire TEAM of people who are suposed to be dedicated to this stuff, then either:

1) ASUS and/or their "Team" is incompetant
2) ASUS has simply not been working on it (and possibly don't plan on it either?)
3) It's done and they aren't releasing it (wanna go buy a prime anyone?)

I'm willing to bet you right now that when Android 5 comes out they will pull this same stunt. Not happy ASUS...

That's what I've been saying, Asus might as well just release the damn thing so our Developers can do something with it. Asus need to let the CONSUMERS tell them what the bugs are so they can have a much better idea on what to fix/update next. There are thousands of transformers, some people are going to have problems whether they wait to make it "perfect" or not. That's just part of the business, release a product, customer gives feedback, you go back to lab fix/update it, release a patch to correct the feedback, now everyone is happy, and your company's reputation remains or even grows more positive.
20th February 2012, 11:59 AM |#67  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ASUS Poland statement
On http://www.facebook.com/ASUS.Polska ASUS states that update will be available at the end of february as mentioned earlier.
20th February 2012, 04:25 PM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
US is getting the update first, so when the polish Asus says this they are referring to the polish update not the us version.
20th February 2012, 05:19 PM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickfarrelly

(anything they say about testing/sending to google is a PR-spun lie)

It seems pretty reasonable to me that Google are the ones holding this up, shame though if it is as you say
20th February 2012, 05:55 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crey23

Seriously? What are you 12 with a bank roll?

I mean come on folks, Asus is ahead of the curve as other tablets are slated for Q3 http://www.slashgear.com/asus-transf...arch-16213753/.

So if you want to go out and spend another $500 just to say you have the latest, well go ahead, and stop the crying on the forum.

Very happy to wait another month and have a smooth transition to ICS

Maybe get your facts straight. Before you say other tablets are slate for later

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Quote:

MOTOROLA XOOM WiFi Only
USA
Available
Rollouts began in January 2012.

Seem Motorola did not give bunch of false dates and did not hype up they simple working on update and got it out. Unlike asus which seems to be staff by bunch of liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just lou

When did February 16th move to the end of the month?

It is the end of Mid Feb. By most peoples definations. And Feb 20 is end of month and still no ICS.
21st February 2012, 01:47 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
o_0

If you think Asus is a bunch of liars, and they are playing games and motorola is so much better why don't you sell me that piece of crap transformer for cheap and buy a xoom then? Or better yet an apple product, since they are great with updates (lmao).

They (motorola) were ALWAYS slated to get ics before anyone. Seriously? Liars? False dates? If you guys think Asus is just messing with your heads on this issue, kindly hand your tablet to the nearest person, buy an ipad and check yourself into therapy.

If anything, all the crying has just earned Asus plenty of name recognition where it previously had none. Someone get some cheese to go with all this whine..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luna_c666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift luna_c666 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)