By Technomancer, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th January 2011, 01:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2012, 04:15 PM |#2311  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy15

How do i get to the android market on this rom. I have just used the update cwm version

goo-inside.me/gapps/

Flash the zip file through Cwm. This is mentioned in the first post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maschiosoosai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maschiosoosai Ad-Free

10th February 2012, 05:15 PM |#2312  
Flag Brecon Beacons
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschiosoosai

goo-inside.me/gapps/

Flash the zip file through Cwm. This is mentioned in the first post.

Many thanks for pointing me to the right direction
20th February 2012, 09:20 AM |#2313  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 425

More
Little update
Hi guys,

I haven't been doing much with CM7 recently, but here is a little update that should bring you up to date with current CM7 tree and set default DPI to 240 to solve market issues.

2012-02-19 http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/tc...2012-02-19.zip http://gtab7.nexus-lab.com/cm7sgt/up...ANG-signed.zip
Update to latest from CM7 git. set default DPI to 240 to fix market issues, advanced users can set any DPI they want anyway.
Go back to stock dialer layout because it has changed a lot.

Also, I looked into the disappearing files issue some people have reported. From quick Google search it seems other people see it on other CyanogenMod devices too. It could be caused by errors on SD cards maybe? With fsck deleting the files after the card has been corrupted?

There is also this Android bug, but it seems to have been fixed http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3692

Also, if you have problems with disappearing files, what setting do you use for this? Settings -> CyanogenMod Settings -> Application settings -> Use internal storage
This setting is used for swapping mount points for /mnt/sdcard and /mnt/sdcard/external_sd
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technomancer Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 03:54 PM |#2314  
Flag Kent U.K.
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.
26th February 2012, 03:30 AM |#2315  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Just read the OP, and considering trying this ROM when I have time.

Quote:

Current status:
Voice calls: OK (make sure to use modem.bin compatible with JQ1 RIL)
3G data: OK
Wifi: OK
Bluetooth: OK
Camera: Photos OK, video encoding (movie capture) back OK, front corrupted
Sensors: seem OK
GPS: OK
Recovery and initramfs: CWM, partitions get mounted, wipe works, havent tried backup/restore
Video playback: overlay and copybit work, OMX libraries are in and decoding works.

Is literally the only known issue with this ROM that video from the front camera is corrupted?
27th February 2012, 10:55 AM |#2316  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Front camera in Skype works ok
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sauat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauat Ad-Free
12th March 2012, 09:37 AM |#2317  
Flag oslo
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Lightbulb cache scroll
Probably did not make it to 19/2 release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75

Guys, CM7 team added the option to disable scrolling cache!!!

We don't need the hack anymore (for those who use a CM7 ROM).
Nightly changelog:
AbsListView: add option to disable scrolling cache (2/2) (android_packages_apps_CMParts) link
AbsListView: add option to disable scrolling cache (1/2) (android_frameworks_base) link

And if you go in CM7 Settings / Performance, you have a new option there "Scrolling Cache" with 4 choices:
1/ Always enabled
2/ Enabled by default
3/ Disabled by default
4/ Always disabled
Choose 4 and you have the super fast scroll!

Thanks for convincing CM7 team!

16th March 2012, 12:24 AM |#2318  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
It didn't.
I will make another build in when there is more changes, so eventually we'll get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technomancer Ad-Free
21st March 2012, 09:03 PM |#2319  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Hey Tech... I never flashed the update before the 2/19 and reading the OP it says for the prior update to delete wpa_supplicant.conf. If I flash the 2/19 update do I need to delete that file still or just not worry about it?

Or should I flash prior update first, delete wpa_supplicant.conf and then flash the new update?
23rd March 2012, 03:13 AM |#2320  
Flag SF Bay Area

More
When upgrading from older ROM just flash new ROM and delete wpa_supplicant,conf, it has different header (location of control interface) in new ROMs so one needs to delete it when upgrading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Technomancer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Technomancer Ad-Free
23rd March 2012, 07:18 AM |#2321  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer

When upgrading from older ROM just flash new ROM and delete wpa_supplicant,conf, it has different header (location of control interface) in new ROMs so one needs to delete it when upgrading.

Gotcha... Thanks! And thanks for the update also.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)