FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Why webOS

2,401 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,513

By mingolianbeef, Senior Member on 18th February 2012, 08:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay I'm currently running ICS on my evo 3d and know pretty much nothing about webOS could someone tell me the features of it.! Cuz ik a guy is working on an evo 3d webos rom now

Sent from my ICS-3VO
18th February 2012, 09:04 AM |#2  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 141

More
WebOS is what I know a mix between Palm OS, and iOS....

Other than that, I know almost nothing about it....

Google is your friend, so go ahead and use her... she is the only girl who won't mind you using her...

Sent from my Epic Touch running Blazer Rom via xda premium
18th February 2012, 09:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not worth flashing in my opinion, Android is superior in every way. It's just so far behind.

I can't think of any features of WebOS that Android doesn't already have.
19th February 2012, 04:35 PM |#4  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 158

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlog

Not worth flashing in my opinion, Android is superior in every way. It's just so far behind.

I can't think of any features of WebOS that Android doesn't already have.

Swipe!, The lovely calendar!, TRUE MULTITASKING, Really Apps that you can use to work (NOT MILLION APP OF FLASHLIGHTS!).

And WebOS is a lot powerful it doesn't use everything on the phone. For example I installed Ubuntu on my Pre with 1.00 Ghz (Not dual Core) and my Atrix 1.45 Ghz (Dual Core) and my Pre runs a lot better.

Now that WebOS is open source but not already all the files I will not have doubt or even think twice about install WebOS on my Android phone.

This is just my point of view.

*I like ICS but it lacks yet of a lot of features that I was waiting for...but I still like it *

Thanks for all and God bless you.
20th February 2012, 07:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Easily hacking, great multitasking, webos internals. Id love to run it on my RAZR, though don't want to **** with doing it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App
20th February 2012, 05:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Funny question and answers.
I was talking to a friend 2 days ago, iOS developer... big Linux and Mac fan who preached to the 7 corners of the Universe that iOS was the way and that Windows was hell. He was then forced into Microsoft stuff because MS just created a partnership with his college and basically took over every IT division. Guess what? He's a MS technology convert. iOS now sucks and WP7 is the way... it took several months, several coding and MS visits, but he's a convert.

Conclusion: Most people have no clue what they're talking about when bashing on other technologies / Mobile OS's.

I can't talk about Symbian 'cause that one I haven't used but, out of every other mobile OS, WebOS is to me - with WP7 mango close behind - the best Mobile OS there is. iOS and Android have all caught up since Palm introduced it and it's sad the Pre was such a horrible hardware.. but for example, I have yet to find an e-mail app that compares just a bit to the native webOS email client. I have tried ALL of them... ALL, like every single one of them on my EVO (for almost 2 years now) and NONE compares or are capable of handling messages like webOS do. That is only one feature.

What's wrong about webOS for the general public? The lack of the thousand flashlight apps available. You'd be a fool, otherwise, not to try it...

And yes, I am a proud HTC EVO 4G user who still don't understand why Google with all the money in the world and engineers; and its proud developers can't do complex things pretty, easy and efficient as Palm managed to do in webOS; with almost $0 cash.

Just make sure everything works and that your favorite app is available in webOS
before jumping ship. Otherwise you'll be blaming webOS and not the developer who didn't ported said app.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to regulluz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift regulluz Ad-Free
20th February 2012, 09:49 PM |#7  

More
I've used both operating systems. webos is true multitasking, making it is easier to jump between open programs. You can even group open windows/programs together in stacks if you want.
With HP releasing open source WebOS, it will be more universal than Andriod.
20th February 2012, 10:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,513

Donate to Me
More
Wow, I love opinions . I have only used ios and android, so as stated above I will not bash what I haven't experienced. My only fear is that web OS won't have all the games/apps I want. It sounds like webOS is a multitasker's best friend however. And I agree. It blows my mind that with MILLIONS of developers android has, many being on XDA, we (because I am trying to learn developing also) can't perfect the OS. But yeah, I won't convert until ik that my favorite apps/games are available on web. Sounds amazing nonetheless though.!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
26th February 2012, 03:50 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognimnella

Okay I'm currently running ICS on my evo 3d and know pretty much nothing about webOS could someone tell me the features of it.! Cuz ik a guy is working on an evo 3d webos rom now

Sent from my ICS-3VO

because of my veer 4g
27th February 2012, 10:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I love Webos
27th February 2012, 10:52 PM |#11  
Flag Montréal
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The multitask on webos is awsome, Android multitask has nothing to with that, even the Ice Cream Sandwich multitask is not as goood as the webos one and the notification is also awsome on webos, i miss these on my Galaxy S.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)