[Kernel][BML][MTD][CM7][CM9][MIUI] G'BYE SAMURAI

Should we add a Kernel Splash Logo ? ? ?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • NO

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
No deep sleep for me either. Tried removing BW but still no sleep. It is running nice, but need it to sleep. Back to stock till this gets sorted out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

greezestain

Nov 14, 2010
I was having trouble getting Tanto to deep sleep on A3, actually. I found that if I rebooted and did nothing, it would never deep sleep. But after I downloaded Voltage Control and fiddled around a little, it started deep sleeping. Every time I rebooted, I would have to go into Voltage Control and apply settings before it would deep sleep again.

Not really a scientific sample size, I know, so it could just be superstition, but that was my experience. I'm waiting a bit before I try A4 so can't offer any insight there.

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
settings within BW. I had it refresh everytime my phone unlocked, and update weather every 5 mins, and had the little animations turned on as well.

thanks for posting the information and doing your best to debug the issue of wake lock with bw. glad you were able to find the wake lock cause if this did fix it. funny thing is, i use bw, updates every hour, and i have the unlock animations set to 5 seconds long, and i have not had a deep sleep issue on alpha 3, or any alpha thus far for that matter. im about to update to a4, we'll see if i get a dsleep issue with it. i will post results if any are worth posting.

quick question: are any of you with the dsleep issues running any other mods or tweaks to speak of, perhaps the v6 mods? I only ask for the sake of checking every last variable.

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
thanks for posting the information and doing your best to debug the issue of wake lock with bw. glad you were able to find the wake lock cause if this did fix it. funny thing is, i use bw, updates every hour, and i have the unlock animations set to 5 seconds long, and i have not had a deep sleep issue on alpha 3, or any alpha thus far for that matter. im about to update to a4, we'll see if i get a dsleep issue with it. i will post results if any are worth posting.

quick question: are any of you with the dsleep issues running any other mods or tweaks to speak of, perhaps the v6 mods? I only ask for the sake of checking every last variable.

Well currently I'm on CM7 and had this issue I unistalled BW completely and turned Words with friends notifications are off and poweramp is retarded bout to unistall that as well. And see if anything helps outta that

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

earthbound[iap]

Dec 2, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
indandroidprj.zxq.net
Well currently I'm on CM7 and had this issue I unistalled BW completely and turned Words with friends notifications are off and poweramp is retarded bout to unistall that as well. And see if anything helps outta that

I have not been able to duplicate the wakelock but I will try my best to tonight and see if I can figure out what is going on...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Xinlitik

Apr 8, 2011
N

I had tried the v6 etc but when i couldnt sleep i reverted back to stock and added things back one at a time. Stock definitely slept, and samurai didnt. It's pretty strange...as eb said, no real changes...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have not been able to duplicate the wakelock but I will try my best to tonight and see if I can figure out what is going on...

Also Words with Freinds even though notfications are off when i reboot my phone a popup for Words is in my notifications menu and in Go launcher when i go to the running apps i close em all except for JD. and after i close my phone and about 10 seconds later all those apps are running again and it seems like settings are on, market, gallery sometimes, gmail, etc... and thats even after having JD turn off data for every app hell even in airplane mode these apps keep coming on WTF??? is that supposed to be happening?

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Also Words with Freinds even though notfications are off when i reboot my phone a popup for Words is in my notifications menu and in Go launcher when i go to the running apps i close em all except for JD. and after i close my phone and about 10 seconds later all those apps are running again and it seems like settings are on, market, gallery sometimes, gmail, etc... and thats even after having JD turn off data for every app hell even in airplane mode these apps keep coming on WTF??? is that supposed to be happening?

The mystical phone fairies have not accepted your offerings.

Sent from CM9 EpicMTD.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Ohh really or are u just messing with me haha.

Some advice if I may and is purely a suggestion :

Get rid of go launcher that thing is a ram hog and pulls too much data for "staticstics" regardless if its off....And get rid of juice defender and toggle data and wifi your self that's what widgets and the pull down is for I always have and has saved me money and battery....
Go into running processes and end everything should only be the settings google services and the keyboard app running. Have you also done the build.prop tweak for vm heap? If not do this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=92m. <-change it if its not already this
And add these two lines above it in numerical order (lowest to highest)

dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=10m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=32

This should keep ram more readily availble and reduce ram and battery consumption.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0 :sly:

wtogami

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2010
Okay, so I've done some more testing.

I set myself to alpha 4 stock with absolutely no other mods... deep sleep.

Alpha 4 + alpha4Samurai -> no deep sleep

Has anyone else tried samurai w/ alpha 4 yet?

(Oh, and alpha 3 samurai had deep sleep and very good battery life)

His "deep sleep fix" was only undoing an earlier screw up he made to his own kernel. When asked to comply with the GPL, he acted like an ass by uploading a kernel source tree without history in an attempt to hide his work. Seriously uncool.

CM9 alpha4 stock kernel behaves very nicely. I'm getting > 90% deep sleep on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Come Checkout The New Site ! ! !
    Just click the samurai logo below...

As we enter a new dawn the house of the samurai comes together
    embracing not the cold hard razor sharp edge of a Katana
    but the tools necessary to unlock the razor sharp blazing speeds that our processors are capable of...

Because of the nature of Samurai and it's ever changing versatility we have decided to dedicate a portion of our website to development of the samurai kernel, as well as a forum... Don't consider this abandoning XDA, we would never expect anyone to do that, just think of this as an extension of XDA. Please direct all bugs and questions to website forum...
    Fixes/Tips & Tricks/Outdated Versions

Saved for future use... Although I do not see much use for it...
    Thanks Section

.:Thanks Section for Kernel Building:.

Rodderik ! Awesome guy always willing to help me out and taught me a ton.
    Drockstar ! Another one who is always willing to provide the appropriate ionformation without beating around any bushes.
    NubeCoder I super hijacked his git and loaded up Samurai with tons of Nubernel Love...
    MKasick We all know what he does....
    and everyone at XDA devs, testers, supporters alike we all contribute in our own way...
    Netarchy
    Existz
    and anyone I have forgotten please feel free to message me and I will post your name here...

.:Special Thanks for Donations:.
    (if you would like you screen name and not your real name please add your screen name to you donation)

nashdogg <-(A.K.A. "BIG MONEY") (super status +++++) ;) This guy provides cash for the monster energy drinks that get me through the day... Lol.
    kennyglass123 <- via (FLINT420)
    pre2epic4g
    Ted Cousens
    Gary Gallichio
    stringyquark
    Adam DeLozier
    Tyrus Lyle
    Jon Delano
    Gordon & Kat Little
    Marcel LeMay
    Jonathan Maxon
    Jerad Wilson
    David Davis
    Kenneth Rowley

I really appreciate the donations guys every little bit helps our family, thank you so much !
    could everyone do me a favor and hit the thank you button for me. ;)
    So how is everyone diggin the new kernels, if ya like em throw your hand up and hit thhe thank you button... ;)