[ROM] Droid 4 Stock Pre-Rooted ROM

Search This thread

dads2006gt

Aug 17, 2010
Would like to try but untested means TROUBLE and from what I am reading it would seem way to easy find TROUBLE with tested roms so untested is suicide. Thanks but please report back when tested.

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
Would like to try but untested means TROUBLE and from what I am reading it would seem way to easy find TROUBLE with tested roms so untested is suicide. Thanks but please report back when tested.

You could also try my Motoblur LT ROM posted a bit further down. I have tested it, and it works well for me, plus it is very highly debloated.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
I suspect a bad download. Try redownloading the file. Make sure after toggling Safe system ON, you clear EVERYTHING and then flash.

Edit: Shameless plug; you can also try my Motoblur LT Rom which is hosted on a nice reliable server of mine. :)

The Magician Type 0

Oct 11, 2011
Will this rom work through clockworkmod recovery? It doesn't say it's exclusive to safestrap in the title and I know another user looking to edit his non-safe system via CWM recovery.

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
In theory, it would, but it is not a theory I recommend you test! We have no way to recover this phone if it bricks, so please, put on safestrap and use the stock prerooted for safestrap!! (Or, if you want it debloated, check out my Motoblur LT rom, also for safestrap)

The Magician Type 0

Oct 11, 2011
I wouldn't dare leave my precious safestrap, this is for someone else. Thank you for the response though!

Sent from my DROID4 using Carrier Pigeons

omniuni

Jul 16, 2010
Just keep in mind that although safestrap is based on cwm, it is not exactly the same. If the install script has even one command that is different, it could be enough to brick since you are installing on a non-safe system with no fastboot files available. Please tell this "someone else" that we wish them luck, but using this rom with cwm directly is NOT tested, and likely VERY risky, and we do not want them to brick their phone, and won't risk giving any guaranteed directions, we are much more certain of it working correctly with safestrap and are not particularly comfortable saying it would work with cwm, all theory aside.

The Magician Type 0

Oct 11, 2011
Right, I'll express the uncertainty of the situation. I'll hit up Hashcode and see how difficult it would be to make one soley designed for CWM. Doesn't hurt to have the ROM, people will always be risky so why stop them?

The Magician Type 0

Oct 11, 2011
He said the data was a little buggy and it lagged, but I don't know all the minor details of what he did (wipe data/cache/etc) but this rom DID work in CWMrecovery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This was made using the same method used to make a Droid Razr ROM, except on the Droid 4, so it should theoretically work.

This ROM is pre-rooted

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IT IS UN-TESTED AS I DO NOT OWN A DROID 4 (yet).

DOWNLOAD

Size: 255.85 MB
    MD5: a251142f5b850e4ad281fb98318ab1e4
    Link: http://tinyw.in/CTDK

DONATE