2,009 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,299

By jerrytan93, Recognized Themer on 16th February 2012, 06:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th February 2012, 06:08 PM |#41  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I just need a piece of information: does the newding app prevent the phone from restarting in any mode (sound/vibrate/sound+vibrate/silent)?
If it does, I may become again a daily tester.

20th February 2012, 06:46 PM |#42  
OP Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 6,299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radzix27

jerrytan93, how about Xperia Ray keyboard?

Just finish downloaded the dump files, will have a look for it.. no promise for successful porting yet as you all know I can only test my ROM once a week, so it will be a slow development..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady_95

I just need a piece of information: does the newding app prevent the phone from restarting in any mode (sound/vibrate/sound+vibrate/silent)?
If it does, I may become again a daily tester.

If not mistaken.. YES..
The Following User Says Thank You to jerrytan93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerrytan93 Ad-Free
21st February 2012, 06:55 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Jerrytan93, how to flash nand android ROMs, i am on custom 6.5 ROM and your ext3 sensedroid...
21st February 2012, 07:49 AM |#44  
Flag Bacau
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by susheelnamdeo

Jerrytan93, how to flash nand android ROMs, i am on custom 6.5 ROM and your ext3 sensedroid...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1329379
21st February 2012, 08:30 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteflyman

ADB has always worked fine but only as long as screen is active or maybe I misinterpreted your assertion?

you interpreted right is mass storage also working for you? and are you using the adb from Xperiod+fastboot folder or an sdk adb? it drives me insane that i can't find what am i doing wrong
21st February 2012, 10:10 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Please stop making 2.3.7 roms. ))) They become too unstable once i install all needed software. Really annoying))).
I am using 2.3.5 nand for two months now, I got less reboots in two months than on 2.3.7 rom in two hours.

And if you feel obliged to making 2.3.7 please tell me how to install "newding" on 2.3.5 thanks a lot.
The Following User Says Thank You to skas_2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skas_2002 Ad-Free
21st February 2012, 10:27 AM |#47  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skas_2002

Please stop making 2.3.7 roms. ))) They become too unstable once i install all needed software. Really annoying))).
I am using 2.3.5 nand for two months now, I got less reboots in two months than on 2.3.7 rom in two hours.

And if you feel obliged to making 2.3.7 please tell me how to install "newding" on 2.3.5 thanks a lot.

did you already try just to take the Newding.apk from v2.zip in data/app and install it to your 2.3.5?

btw in 2 hours i got no reboot at all with 2.3.7

btw2 is usb mass storage working for you in 2.3.5?

just wanted to say thanks by clicking it instead of quote
21st February 2012, 10:43 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
It is in chinese . No problem installing, but no way to configure it to intercept incoming calls.
Mass storage does not work. You can use two options:
1.Adb explorer sw, just a shell that alows you to copy files to your phone using adb commands.
2. Mass storage in cwm - it works.

My phone had a very big problem waking up after I restored 24 used apps. It hung up when the screen went off. It had problems waking up after reboot. The screen did not even light up on incoming call))).

The only way to hang the phone in 2.3.5 is put it to sleep very fast 5 times in a row with wifi turned on. And missed call obv).
21st February 2012, 10:52 AM |#49  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skas_2002

It is in chinese . No problem installing, but no way to configure it to intercept incoming calls.
Mass storage does not work. You can use two options:
1.Adb explorer sw, just a shell that alows you to copy files to your phone using adb commands.
2. Mass storage in cwm - it works.

My phone had a very big problem waking up after I restored 24 used apps. It hung up when the screen went off. It had problems waking up after reboot. The screen did not even light up on incoming call))).

The only way to hang the phone in 2.3.5 is put it to sleep very fast 5 times in a row with wifi turned on. And missed call obv).

after disabling the screen-off animation for the display in cmsettings (causes the waking up issue) the phone wakes up perfectly even after restoring my approx 25 apps like you maybe you forgot to turn that option off? with enabled the phone is nearly unusable
The Following User Says Thank You to Elibl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elibl Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 02:27 AM |#50  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello,

Could somebody post some photos taken by android camera, please? I've never thought before that it is possible to successfully port the driver. I've tried only one or two android roms one and a half year ago, but they were laggy and used to freeze.

Thanks,

Cheers,
taarzaan
22nd February 2012, 04:58 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibl

you interpreted right is mass storage also working for you? and are you using the adb from Xperiod+fastboot folder or an sdk adb? it drives me insane that i can't find what am i doing wrong

ADB works fine from sdk-installation. I usually (in Windows) copy Adb.exe and AdbWinApi.dll from sdkinstallation to system32-folder just to be able to start adb from anywhere. That enable me to open the command-promt by navigating to my app-folder with all the .apks', press and hold SHIFT while right-click and choose "open command promt here"). As simple as that

As I mentioned. Adb works only as long the screen is active. As soon as it goes out, I have to unplug/plug cable again.

Haven't been able to get mass storage to work. Either from cwm or mounting within Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Rask For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pete Rask Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 2.3.7, ice cream sandwich

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)