Facebook App updated to v 2.4 today [23FEB2012]

Search This thread

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
One thing that it doesn't have that should be in future updates is the ability to block or nu-friend people. ;)

tai4de2

Feb 10, 2008
I don't see any lag to speak of. The app performs pretty well scrolling in both dimensions, at least for me. It's a •vast• improvement over the old version.

Sent from my Titan using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Marvin_S

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 8, 2010
dont know about you but panning on my DVP is much smoother if i swipe on the banner region instead of the contents region.

yeah your right, indeed its much smoother when swiping the banner. The problem if you swipe the content is that it freezes just before going to news feed (bc of the appbar popping up) and just before going to pictures. Weird its less noticable when panning via the banner.

Anyway the new fb app is a start, this should have been out half a year ago. Hopefully they can fix thr notifications on thr inbox tile. Otherwise its still quite useless to pin the inbox.

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
It's definitely better than the last effort and a step in the right direction, Think no matter what they do there will always be someone to whinge and of course we aren't all the same, Wonder what's next out of their box of tricks? ;)

Symondo

Aug 19, 2010
After a while of playing with it - im liking it, seems very smooth,

my only request would be to allow landscape use as well.

Aphasaic2002

Jun 30, 2011
Taiwan
It's still less functional that the Facebook mobile web page. Only useful thing is check-ins and push notifications.

Bit of a let-down for me.

hamzie

Mar 27, 2011
Sydney
Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users
thats the best app.

touch.facebook.com worked but it seems to be down

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Reactions: anseio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Facebook should make a non-metro facebook app, like the iphone one, for wp7 users

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ht..._facebook_updating_its_windows_phone_app.html

EDIT - 23rd FEB - Version 2.4 fixes the issues with 'Events'.

The LONG awaited update makes facebook kickass! I just got one on my Titan. Exploring it, but so many visible changes already. Update this post soon. If anyone noticed changes do update us! :)

EDIT1: You can get it manually by going to marketplace and then facebook, press update
    It will forget your user ID and password, so re-log-in.

EDIT2: It's a complete revamp of the UI. Excellent speed... Now supports time line feature too!

EDIT3: supports groups and pages as well as very reliable checkin. Photo albums load as quick on 3G as on wifi in previous version, even faster! Still can't "poke" back from the app. Push notifications need testing though

I've already changed my rating and review and given it 5 stars. Hope most users do it too so that others get an idea of how good this official app has become! :D
    Sorry to say but the banner is even bigger and its just as laggy and slow. Try scrolling the panorama, it freezes and slows down... Quite disappointing.

Also there are still no notifications when pinning the inbox to the start screen...

Yes it got a bit better. But not much, the messages still take ages to load (implement a database!).

Push notifications still come in very delayed (but this might be an FB issue and not their fault).

Lets hope they will fix this soon and not let us wait another half year.

But the good thing is the design is better and it has more features. There is hope for a next version :)

EDIT: Other parts dont seem to be that laggy. Its mainly the frontpage and probably due to the collapsing of the appbar, that slows down the panning of the panorama.

For me Panorama/without Panorama, the scrolling and panorama was a breeze! Could it be the internet connection difference? I am not sure about the notifications on mine yet. Ironically not a single notification yet :(
    Message loading is much improved that last version, it could defo be better though.
    thats the best app.

touch.facebook.com worked but it seems to be down

This post below....

No, no, no, no, no. No.

Sent from my SGH-I897

... and ... No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. No, no, no, no, no. No. Can't say that enough