Thanks Meter: 2,623

Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2012, 10:36 PM |#171  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,509

Donate to Me
More
Is this port pretty stable? I dont have a wildfire s but my friend wants me to s-off his and then install a "fast stable" rom.

21st February 2012, 11:45 PM |#172  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Belfast

Donate to Me
More
yes there will be a nightly tonight its compiling now

@up yes i would call cm7 stable i have had no problems with it apart from the ones i cased though testing
The Following User Says Thank You to eoghan2t7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eoghan2t7 Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 12:12 AM |#173  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 6,509

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan2t7

yes there will be a nightly tonight its compiling now

@up yes i would call cm7 stable i have had no problems with it apart from the ones i cased though testing

Thanks, I know CM7 is usually stable, just wasnt sure if this version was or if there were still some major bugs to squash.
22nd February 2012, 12:37 AM |#174  
Flag Belfast

Donate to Me
More
btw my wee surprise will be in the next build it requires more editing than i first thought
The Following User Says Thank You to eoghan2t7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eoghan2t7 Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 01:01 AM |#175  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan2t7

btw my wee surprise will be in the next build it requires more editing than i first thought

You are already doing a great job bro,and thank you for puting an effort and time to keep this CM release alive and updated,good thing u paired up with alquez...
i have been following threads here on xda long before i registered,didnt cared b4,this is the only ROM i can rate with 5 stars,yea few bugs did find their place in earlier builds,but now..different story,and i like it,tested them all..beilive me,this one is the ONLY ONE that could and can be daily driver...WELL DONE,keep up the good job..SALUTE
22nd February 2012, 01:09 AM |#176  
Flag Belfast

Donate to Me
More
nightly uploaded nothing added to the kernel just fresh cm sources updated

still back porting the 3d driver to work with this kernel which will improve the 3d rendering 10 fold

i might release a kernel tomorrow with vm tweaks and stuff added to see if that will speed the system up more until the driver is working.

@up thanks for your nice words that will make me and alquez continue providing fresh cm builds on a more frequent basis
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eoghan2t7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eoghan2t7 Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 01:38 AM |#177  
Flag Perth

More
oh...when i wrote "tested them all" i meant all the ROMs available for marvel XD..as far as the CM is in question...that i have been trying since...hmm...first port done by alquez....again-congratz to both of you ....SALUTE
22nd February 2012, 01:25 PM |#178  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 10

More
okay am i missing a stage?

Followed all the instructions and have cm7 running nicely on my wildfire (oh how i've missed you) but i dont have any google apps :S

Although when the phone first started up it did ask me to sign in (which it has cos the notification icons are now green) but never asked for the apps i wanted to install.

So i grabbed a copy of the gapps package from the cm7 website but still no market.... which is sodding annoying.

I then thought okay i'll try rom manager but for whatever reason its saying its no the latest so i cant pick up the gapps from there!

Any ideas?

Many thanks
22nd February 2012, 01:29 PM |#179  
Flag Belfast

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilescooby

okay am i missing a stage?

Followed all the instructions and have cm7 running nicely on my wildfire (oh how i've missed you) but i dont have any google apps :S

Although when the phone first started up it did ask me to sign in (which it has cos the notification icons are now green) but never asked for the apps i wanted to install.

So i grabbed a copy of the gapps package from the cm7 website but still no market.... which is sodding annoying.

I then thought okay i'll try rom manager but for whatever reason its saying its no the latest so i cant pick up the gapps from there!

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Once you install gapps and the market still is not there do a factory reset it sounds like the dalvik cache hasn't built properly.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium
22nd February 2012, 01:32 PM |#180  
Flag Perth

More
go here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Lat...on/Google_Apps
and download 20110828 version...flash it through cwm and you should be fine...and yea do the wiping as told above,hope i helped...SALUTE
The Following User Says Thank You to Fikus011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fikus011 Ad-Free
22nd February 2012, 01:57 PM |#181  
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Is there a change log for every update?

HTC WILDFIRE S
ROM:CM7 nightly
290 mb internal+1gb s2e
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)