21st February 2012, 09:05 AM |#41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nee_vak

since locationfree is getting some action here

anyone have any idea how i can download the B10's 4.0 firmware?
sony's support site isn't very responsive
this page on the support site is pretty useless
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...os_group_id=18
the download button just gives me an Installation Alert!
(unless AVC support isnt going to improve anything with the android client?)

also couldn't figure out how to extract rcd files for my directv remote
the folder for the LF client doesn't have anything other than dll and ax files
maybe the remote files from psp could help? http://remote.locationfree.sony.net/psp/en/index.html

oh and very nice work on the android client

First of all, (H.264) AVC won't do you any good, the normal MPEG4 Stream works much better since it requires less processing power. If you have a fast enough device you can try using AVC.

This can be done by selecting the basestation LF-V30 (yeah that's all this option does actually switching from MPEG4-ES to H.264 )
Once the video recording functionality is integrated, the H.264 may however become more attractive because then you can view the recordings in higher quality with native H.264 decoding in the android video player.

Cocnerning the remote codes. I can extract the remote codes from the windows program itself, you just need to tell me which remote you selected in the Windows Player. However this requires you to buy the donation version, because it takes some time to extract them and i can't do that for everyone. Once it is extracted it will however be added to the free version too. So for every new remote someone has to "sacrifice" himself so everyone can enjoy their remote.

Alternatively you can record a session with tcpdump and send me the pcap file along with the order the buttons were pressed. That wont require you to buy the donation version.

Greetings
Michael

21st February 2012, 02:28 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Some remotes codes work for other remotes for instance I have the scientfific Atlanta dc1 but the scientific Atlanta at8560 works with my reciever.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
21st February 2012, 10:32 PM |#43  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have an LF-V30. I purchase the donation version this evening and test on my Photon and my CyanogenMod TouchPad. If I can provide and specific feedback to help the cause please let me know and I will do so.
21st February 2012, 11:22 PM |#44  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Help
Can someone do a tutorial how to do this
22nd February 2012, 09:24 AM |#45  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyp9

Can someone do a tutorial how to do this

Hi rudyp9,

did you try to use it and fail? Because there is (sort of) a walk through online at http://theretv.zero997.com/index.php?page=documentation

If this is not sufficient it would be great if you can tell me where you failed and i will try to explain it in more detail.

Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mgschwan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgschwan Ad-Free
23rd February 2012, 12:14 AM |#46  
Flag Dirty Jersey
Thanks Meter: 28

More
So good! Donated! Up and running on my HD2 looking great over 4G T-Mo. Big thanks, Michael.
23rd February 2012, 04:50 PM |#47  

More
Hey Michael, can you help out the Iphone users with a version?
23rd February 2012, 06:28 PM |#48  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastywindbreaker

Hey Michael, can you help out the Iphone users with a version?

Hi nastywindbreaker,

there are several reasons why i won't do that, the two major ones would be:

1. I've written this software already twice. The first time during the reverse engineering in python, and a second time for androind in java and c.
2. I hate the development policy of apple. I don't want to spend $1000+ just to buy a computer to be able to develop for IOS.

In my opinion google/android do it exactly right. They provide the tools for everyone to download, you can develop on any major platform. And you just need to plug your device into your pc and are ready to go. I don't want to pay $99 a year to be able to develop on my own device.

Sorry, but that is my opinion
23rd February 2012, 06:55 PM |#49  

More
Very well put Michael. Thanks for the honest reply. I am a true android fan. My wife has iphone and she was envying my Nexus S.

Your opinion is truly justified.
23rd February 2012, 09:46 PM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Unhappy
looks like if you haven't updated the firmware on your device, you probably never will be able to. only way to update is through the device's page (ip address) and from there you will get "Were sorry, it appears that our database is having problems or is not responding to requests. Please try your request again. If the problem persists you may need to try again later. We will have the issue corrected as soon as possible."
emailing technical support, I was told that email support is not available and to call it in, calling it in will cost you 49.99 (I got this on clearance for 35 from staples, so support would basically cost more than I paid for the device)
24th February 2012, 09:06 AM |#51  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nee_vak

emailing technical support, I was told that email support is not available and to call it in, calling it in will cost you 49.99 (I got this on clearance for 35 from staples, so support would basically cost more than I paid for the device)

If it's not too much of an issue i would stick with the firmware you have. My box does not provide H.264 either but i'm quite happy with it. Besides my device would not be able to decode fast enough anyway.

Michael
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)