[LEAK/DEV][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

nifterific

Jan 1, 2012
is anyone else no longer able to boot into recovery by holding volume - and power?

never mind, its been so long since i did it manually i forgot which orientation volume - it was.

Last edited:

joe9002

Jan 16, 2011
Not sure if it makes a difference, but a couple months ago, when RA was first released, the post said to do things in the beginning, to "update" from EXT3 to EXT4. But that was a long time ago when the recovery was first released, and I think you do not have to do that anymore. Personally, at this point, I think it makes no difference.

Is the acer 3.2.1 EXT3 or EXT4? not that it matters as, it seems this could be the reason you and the op can boot and we cant?
Yes ive read format/wipe its obviously not that, we need an experts advise here.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Is the acer 3.2.1 EXT3 or EXT4? not that it matters as, it seems this could be the reason you and the op can boot and we cant?
Yes ive read format/wipe its obviously not that, we need an experts advise here.

Not too sure, as it was some time ago. But if you look in the thread, you will see what I and KJY did.

I think I posted some info on it. Really though, not sure if you should do it. We were running the original release.

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Moscow, and everyone else who successfully booted, had an A501. So no, no one with an a500 has had success getting this to boot.

When KJY wakes up, I have already sent him mail to try it. I can assure you, he has only an a500, and he will try it using RA recovery. He will send me a mail. Hate to put people on hold, but, he is in New York, and I in Moscow. And I only have an a501.

And he will only reply, at our new site, androidtabletgeeks.com. Officially launched about 2 hours ago. But he is sleeping now.

gotroot801

Jun 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
When KJY wakes up, I have already sent him mail to try it. I can assure you, he has only an a500, and he will try it using RA recovery. He will send me a mail. Hate to put people on hold, but, he is in New York, and I in Moscow. And I only have an a501.

Let me save you the trouble of waking him. On my A500 the CWM version does not boot. Stays at the Acer logo like everyone else's. RA 3.15 following your wipe/flash instructions.

Haven't tried the full update that installs the new bootloader. I probably don't *need* root on my tab, but I'd rather keep it than lose it.

Top Liked Posts